Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2017, 07:06 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Clark Hunt, Brett Veach & Andy Reid press conference

Clark Hunt-10:30 AM
Brett Veach-11 AM
Andy Reid-3 PM

This should be entertaining..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #526
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Clark said that he liked the vision that Veach had to make KC a championship team over the course of the next 2-3 years.

None of us can say for sure what that vision is, but I would say it clearly revolves around having Mahomes on his rookie deal and using that to their advantage in terms of the cap.
3 to 4 years.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #527
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatbass View Post
Funny how for years everyone said they would be happy if we just finally won a playoff game after 20+ years. So we did. Now you guys have moved the bar. I truly believe some of you will never be satisfied.
Well no F-ing shlt.

Bad teams want to win, winning teams want a title. That's how sports work.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:56 AM   #528
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Funny how for years everyone said they would be happy if we just finally won a playoff game after 20+ years. So we did. Now you guys have moved the bar. I truly believe some of you will never be satisfied. Now its "playoff-worthy opponents", then if we beat one of them it will be something else. I think if we win the SB you guys will do the same thing, (but the NFC was weak this year so it doesn't really count!).
I was as thrilled as anyone that we finally won a playoff game.

But do you really want to hang a banner for beating that pathetic 9-7 Texans team, quarterbacked by Brian Hoyer, with no Clowney and Watt injured, that backed into the playoffs only because (thanks to Andrew Luck's injury) there was no other team with a winning record in their division?

I mean, really. Is that something we should hang our hats on as the crowning achievement of the Reid era?
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #529
MVP

Quote:
That is also conjecture. Hunt said it was his decision. Absent any evidence to the contrary everything else is conjecture.
Reid tells Hunt during his contract negotiations that if Dorsey leaves he won't sign a new contract. No way Hunt loses both Dorsey and Reid so Andy has just saved Dorsey.

Andy didn't want to save Dorsey for whatever reason.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:06 PM   #530
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
When Clark took over, I cheered along with everyone else that he got rid of Carl. It was the end of absentee ownership, we thought, and Clark broke the bank to hire what was universally agreed to be the best candidate on the market. There was virtually zero opposition to the Pioli hire.

When it was long past clear that Pioli needed to be fired and Clark was holding out, I was one of the people screaming along with everyone else that the decision looked right at the time but had gone terribly, terribly wrong and he needed to be fired post haste. The writing had been on the wall, yet Hunt didn't make a move until there as an unprecedented fan rebellion and the franchise had been run completely into the ground.

Then he hired Dorsey. Again, Clark goes out and spends money on the best GM candidate available. He seems very much to be investing in the team and wanting to change to a football-first culture. He was wrong about Pioli but he seems to have made a great hire again. The fans, myself included, all cheerfully give him a mulligan.

Then he hires Reid. Not a thrilling candidate, not someone who had done anything in the postseason in the last decade, a Marty-like hire. But at least Dorsey and Reid together are a path back to respectability and something we can build on.

Both of them perform fairly well. Reid's hand-picked QB holds us back, but we get a return to contention for playoff spots, which is good. Not contending for anything beyond that, but it's better than before. Perhaps Reid will change, or Dorsey will continue raising the level of the roster until we get over the hump.

But Reid doesn't change. Going into his 5th year, we still have no playoff wins against quality, playoff-worthy opponents. Reid continually hurts the team on game day and in some instances blows games himself. The team is aging on defense and needs to reload. But we finally draft a QB. Maybe this is finally what gets us over the hump. There's hope again.

Then Dorsey is suddenly fired, for reasons no one in the organization can credibly articulate. Reid, who has never been good enough to get over the hump, is given a long-term contract. Ballard is gone. Others are gone. A green GM from down in the organization is promoted but not really given oversight over football, only personnel. Power has left the most competent individuals we had in the organization and landed on Reid's desk.

Explain how this makes the team better? Unless you're a total True Fan you're left wondering why Clark decided to allow the entire Front Office to turn over when things were going well.

Clark had some capital at first by getting rid of Peterson and making two big time GM hires, but now it just looks like he doesn't know what he's doing and he retains and/or fires people based on things other than football.

Until ownership focuses entirely on what happens between the chalk, we aren't going to win championships.

Where do we go from here? Mahomes. If he turns into a great QB, it will cover a multitude of sins. Maybe even a coach like Andy Reid who doesn't win in the postseason can get over the hump if he lands a generational QB.

If he doesn't work out, we're going to be right back where we started with a housecleaning and a rebuild again. Mahomes was a good risk. I just hope we are putting him in a position to succeed.
Thank you for taking the time to explain your position in detail.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:21 PM   #531
MVP

Quote:
When Clark took over, I cheered along with everyone else that he got rid of Carl. It was the end of absentee ownership, we thought, and Clark broke the bank to hire what was universally agreed to be the best candidate on the market. There was virtually zero opposition to the Pioli hire.

When it was long past clear that Pioli needed to be fired and Clark was holding out, I was one of the people screaming along with everyone else that the decision looked right at the time but had gone terribly, terribly wrong and he needed to be fired post haste. The writing had been on the wall, yet Hunt didn't make a move until there as an unprecedented fan rebellion and the franchise had been run completely into the ground.

Then he hired Dorsey. Again, Clark goes out and spends money on the best GM candidate available. He seems very much to be investing in the team and wanting to change to a football-first culture. He was wrong about Pioli but he seems to have made a great hire again. The fans, myself included, all cheerfully give him a mulligan.

Then he hires Reid. Not a thrilling candidate, not someone who had done anything in the postseason in the last decade, a Marty-like hire. But at least Dorsey and Reid together are a path back to respectability and something we can build on.

Both of them perform fairly well. Reid's hand-picked QB holds us back, but we get a return to contention for playoff spots, which is good. Not contending for anything beyond that, but it's better than before. Perhaps Reid will change, or Dorsey will continue raising the level of the roster until we get over the hump.

But Reid doesn't change. Going into his 5th year, we still have no playoff wins against quality, playoff-worthy opponents. Reid continually hurts the team on game day and in some instances blows games himself. The team is aging on defense and needs to reload. But we finally draft a QB. Maybe this is finally what gets us over the hump. There's hope again.

Then Dorsey is suddenly fired, for reasons no one in the organization can credibly articulate. Reid, who has never been good enough to get over the hump, is given a long-term contract. Ballard is gone. Others are gone. A green GM from down in the organization is promoted but not really given oversight over football, only personnel. Power has left the most competent individuals we had in the organization and landed on Reid's desk.

Explain how this makes the team better? Unless you're a total True Fan you're left wondering why Clark decided to allow the entire Front Office to turn over when things were going well.

Clark had some capital at first by getting rid of Peterson and making two big time GM hires, but now it just looks like he doesn't know what he's doing and he retains and/or fires people based on things other than football.

Until ownership focuses entirely on what happens between the chalk, we aren't going to win championships.

Where do we go from here? Mahomes. If he turns into a great QB, it will cover a multitude of sins. Maybe even a coach like Andy Reid who doesn't win in the postseason can get over the hump if he lands a generational QB.

If he doesn't work out, we're going to be right back where we started with a housecleaning and a rebuild again. Mahomes was a good risk. I just hope we are putting him in a position to succeed.
Well said. Contrary to popular belief I think Hunt should have chosen Dorsey over Reid if that was what it came down to. Dorsey is a 1st-timer who should improve while Reid has already peaked at the Playoffs-but-not-Superbowl level. Hopefully, Dorsey's parting gift of Pat Mahomes will make up for Reid's issues.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:42 PM   #532
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Well said. Contrary to popular belief I think Hunt should have chosen Dorsey over Reid if that was what it came down to. Dorsey is a 1st-timer who should improve while Reid has already peaked at the Playoffs-but-not-Superbowl level. Hopefully, Dorsey's parting gift of Pat Mahomes will make up for Reid's issues.
I agree. Between the two I choose Dorsey 10 times out of 10.

Reid is a known quantity. He's not going to change. He's not bad enough to get fired, not good enough to get you to the promised land.

Dorsey could have hired an up-and-comer as his next head coach - we could have went for it all. Instead, we have Hunt and Reid and a glorified director of scouting working under them, hoping that we can get a QB good enough to cover for Reid.

But Reid backers will just point to his regular season record. Yep. He beats a lot of bad and mediocre teams, that are 2/3 of who you play in the regular season.

I don't care about that. I want to go into New England or Pittsburgh in January thinking we might win. I want to see an AFC Championship game, at least, in year 5. I want a team that is credible to win the Super Bowl. A Reid/Smith team is not a credible threat even if the aging difference makers on defense hold up for another year. Mahomes is a few years away in a best case.

And we are still laying all our hopes on Reid becoming something he's never been.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:19 PM   #533
Unsparing

Quote:
I agree. Between the two I choose Dorsey 10 times out of 10.

Reid is a known quantity. He's not going to change. He's not bad enough to get fired, not good enough to get you to the promised land.

Dorsey could have hired an up-and-comer as his next head coach - we could have went for it all. Instead, we have Hunt and Reid and a glorified director of scouting working under them, hoping that we can get a QB good enough to cover for Reid.

But Reid backers will just point to his regular season record. Yep. He beats a lot of bad and mediocre teams, that are 2/3 of who you play in the regular season.

I don't care about that. I want to go into New England or Pittsburgh in January thinking we might win. I want to see an AFC Championship game, at least, in year 5. I want a team that is credible to win the Super Bowl. A Reid/Smith team is not a credible threat even if the aging difference makers on defense hold up for another year. Mahomes is a few years away in a best case.

And we are still laying all our hopes on Reid becoming something he's never been.
And the truth, like dark and sweet sauce over Andy's bottomless fry basket, just flows and flows.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #534
MVP

Quote:
Old 07-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #535
Supporter

Quote:
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:44 PM   #536
MVP

Quote:
Reid tells Hunt during his contract negotiations that if Dorsey leaves he won't sign a new contract. No way Hunt loses both Dorsey and Reid so Andy has just saved Dorsey.

Andy didn't want to save Dorsey for whatever reason.
Conjecture. A huge hypothetical pile of garbage. For all you know he didn't even tell Andy until after he agreed to a contract extension. None of us, including you, have any idea what Andy knew or what he wanted.
splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:03 PM   #537
Life is changing..

I'm just here to see if this has morphed into an Alex Smith thread yet.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:14 PM   #538
Scott Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Clark doesn't want to win and won't make the decisions to do so?

"The Chiefs have traded with the Buffalo Bills for the 10th pick. With the 10th pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select Patrick Mahomes II."

What about that tells you we don't want to win? If this was said any time before April I would see your point, but now?

FFS
This narrative is the worst on the board. Clark Hunt has spent a ton on this team. Reid is in the top 3 for salaries. He's paying Dorsey around 4 million to stay home. He paid Pioli a nice chunk when he was fired.

He's shelled out a lot of guaranteed cash to keep players here. The Chiefs coaching staff is one of the biggest in the NFL.

He gave his blessing to move up and acquire a QBOTF.

If you say Clark Hunt doesn't want to win and won't make the decisions to do so, you're a stupid **** who lacks fundamental common sense.
The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:15 PM   #539
Scott Pioli

People would really pick Dorsey over Reid? Yeah, ChiefsPlanet has been run over by mobs of ****ing morons. My god.
The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:17 PM   #540
Unsparing

Quote:
Reid will never win a super bowl, and no roster or singular super star will push him over the top.
Too many deficiencies.