Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-12-2023, 09:08 PM  
Sexiest Athlete

The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:12 AM   #46
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I saw this Thursday evening. It's beautiful. Incredibly well-shot, acted, and directed.

There are, yes, some big deviations from the original story as laid out in the book.

Spoiler!
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:33 PM   #47
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Without spoiling anything I agree with your assessment. There are changes I don’t understand why DV did the way he did. I really enjoyed the movie but the ending was not satisfying or accurate to the book.
Nobody gives a shit about the book. The book came out in 1965. Who gives a shit. Make a good movie. Do what you do Denis.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:47 PM   #48
In Search of a Life

Well denis bases it on the books thankfully, so mamoa is….well I’d guess we may see him again
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:49 PM   #49
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I saw this Thursday evening. It's beautiful. Incredibly well-shot, acted, and directed.

There are, yes, some big deviations from the original story as laid out in the book.

Spoiler!
I’m guessing we get Messiah as the final chapter no?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:35 PM   #50
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I’m guessing we get Messiah as the final chapter no?

They could make 4 more movies if they want to do that. They’re going to have to change up some things in Children to do it.

And shit, there are like 15 more books in the main continuity. They could make 20+ movies in this universe if they wanted.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:59 PM   #51
Supporter

Bardem was excellent in this! lol! Great film!
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:32 PM   #52
Plays to win the game!

The world it creates is incredible, constantly introducing new angles and wrinkles it was beautifully done. It felt like 3 hours but when it hits, it ****ing hits.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:47 PM   #53
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Is this a movie I have to see in IMAX? Planning on going in the next few days and just wanted to get the group opinion. Thx.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 05:45 PM   #54
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Is this a movie I have to see in IMAX? Planning on going in the next few days and just wanted to get the group opinion. Thx.
I saw it at my smallish local theatre and was absolutely not disappointed, but I think you should see it on IMAX as the visuals are absolutely astonishing and beautiful, it will be a much better experience.

Only reason I didn't see it on IMAX is my wife is out of town, and wanted to wait to get that experience with her. She loved the first film as well, and she isn't even a Sci-Fi fan.

It's an amazing movie and I can't stop thinking about it. It doesn't seem like a 3 hour film. I left wanting more.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 06:08 PM   #55
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I saw it at my smallish local theatre and was absolutely not disappointed, but I think you should see it on IMAX as the visuals are absolutely astonishing and beautiful, it will be a much better experience.

Only reason I didn't see it on IMAX is my wife is out of town, and wanted to wait to get that experience with her. She loved the first film as well, and she isn't even a Sci-Fi fan.

It's an amazing movie and I can't stop thinking about it. It doesn't seem like a 3 hour film. I left wanting more.

Thx!!!
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:05 PM   #56
Dazed and Confused

Excellent movie! Must see! Can't wait for 3.
PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PHOG has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:02 PM   #57
Ain't no relax!

I wouldn't say IMAX is a requirement. But if it's handy, this would absolutely be a film to take advantage of it. The gummies probably helped, but this was one of the most immersive theater movies I've experienced since LOTR. The visuals are incredible. They do a really good job of making you feel like you're right there in the middle of the smoke and sand and chaos. 3hrs feels more like 1.5hrs. The pacing starts slow, but builds up the entire film. I really enjoyed it, and I thought they did a great job building the story with room for much more.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:52 PM   #58
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
They could make 4 more movies if they want to do that. They’re going to have to change up some things in Children to do it.

And shit, there are like 15 more books in the main continuity. They could make 20+ movies in this universe if they wanted.
Deni has stated that he wants to make the final film in this setup basically off of Messiah, but they may add some of Children I would imagine to get it to work.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:56 PM   #59
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I've never read the book and I didn't see the first movie. Can I go see this and understand it?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:59 PM   #60
In Search of a Life

No, I'd not recommend.

The first is great, just watch it RM!!