Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-06-2023, 07:18 PM  
MVP

Shogun on FX

Looks pretty good.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:31 AM   #16
On one quarter

I like what theyve done so far. Shannon Goss has done well rewriting Shogun for TV. The original Shogun mini series didn't mention the Taiko. the suit of armor shown in episode 2 is historically accurate to Toyotomi Hideyoshi, the Taiko.

The taiko was a peasant from birth but became a general under Oda. Oda was the most aggressive and successful samurai clan. when Oda Nobunaga died, Hideyoshi continued to consolidate power by conquering provincial rulers. Once he had unified Japan he started a campaign to capture Korea. the campaign lasted too long for Hideyoshi to finish. the Taiko could never be SHogun because of his caste. but he married into a samurai family and thus his heir would be eligible. Ishido and Toronaga (Ishida and Tokugawa) both need to muster entire armies for a war that needs to conclude before the Taikos hier becomes an adult.
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:36 AM   #17
On one quarter

I'm so glad they rewrote this piece of shit scene
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:25 PM   #18
Feeling Victorian

I generally liked the 1980 mini series. But this one is sooooo much better.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:27 PM   #19
Perpetual Mediocrity

This has been excellent.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:47 PM   #20
MVP

I don't think they were filming on location. The main audience chamber looks like a room from Nijo Jyo palace. Of course they used modern day Osaka castle and edited out the fence from the very top.

GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:20 PM   #21
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief View Post
I don't think they were filming on location. The main audience chamber looks like a room from Nijo Jyo palace. Of course they used modern day Osaka castle and edited out the fence from the very top.

They filmed in Vancouver.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:25 PM   #22
In Search of a Life

FX has an absolute banger on their hands with this one.

This show looks like it would be on HBO.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:51 PM   #23
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
FX has an absolute banger on their hands with this one.

This show looks like it would be on HBO.
I expect it will do huge numbers for Disney as people catch on to how good this show is.

Will be interested to see if they try to carry it on into a second season because of that (although it would have to be without the source material and we've seen how badly shows can drop off without the source material to fall back on).
Old 03-06-2024, 03:07 PM   #24
Supporter

I'm through episode 3 and I'm all in. I think there is still room for falling on it's face, because we're still pulling on the mystery of it all, but it's got it's hooks into me.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:44 PM   #25
On one quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
I expect it will do huge numbers for Disney as people catch on to how good this show is.

Will be interested to see if they try to carry it on into a second season because of that (although it would have to be without the source material and we've seen how badly shows can drop off without the source material to fall back on).
Shogun is a huge book. 2 seasons is possible. but I think this new series is keeping pace with the old mini-series. we will probably end up with 12 episodes in 1 season.

if they wanted to continue making these, they could make a sequel of the Gai-jin novel.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:08 PM   #26
Broncos Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpicker View Post
I remember watching the original mini-series in 1980. it was re-aired in '90 IIRC. I then went and got the book and finished it in 2 weeks. that was my first novel that I read that wasn't from the kids/YA section.

Cosmo Jarvis is playing Blackthorne. he looks like a landlubber.
Never saw the series but I recall advertisements for it. Read the novel two or three times years ago. Hopefully this new series does it justice. I'd like to see it but don't have FX. I guess I'll have to watch Dead Pool on Max.
Enid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-11-2024, 01:55 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enid Borden View Post
Never saw the series but I recall advertisements for it. Read the novel two or three times years ago. Hopefully this new series does it justice. I'd like to see it but don't have FX. I guess I'll have to watch Dead Pool on Max.
Don't have Hulu?
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:09 PM   #28
MVP

Tonight's episode was fire
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:09 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpicker View Post
Shogun is a huge book. 2 seasons is possible. but I think this new series is keeping pace with the old mini-series. we will probably end up with 12 episodes in 1 season.

if they wanted to continue making these, they could make a sequel of the Gai-jin novel.
No, it's one season.

However they bought the rights to the Asian Saga so I'd expect Tai-Pan next.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:43 AM   #30
MVP

That was quite bloody for cable tv.