Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2022, 01:11 PM  
I'll be back.

House of the Dragon

OH YEAH!

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2022, 04:45 PM   #106
MONTANA #19

I can't wait for this to really get going.

Spoiler!
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 05:23 PM   #107
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation View Post

Spoiler!
Yeah they were definitely foreshadowing some future peculiar behavior in EP1.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:17 PM   #108
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
I only realized two days ago that this wasn't the same series as that woke Hobbit trash Amazon is about to release... I have deliberately avoided any information on that.

I knew nothing about it...thought it was a good start...then again I wasn't comparing it to GOT and had low expectations.

It'll be interesting where is goes...GOT had a million sub plots, wars, and the threat of White Walkers always looming. It jumped around every week which helped keep the pace engaging. This is focused on one family, no war and no White Walkers....seems more like Succession in a fantasy setting.

Hopefully it takes on a life of it's own....like Better Call Saul did.
There is a civil war brewing in the Targaryen family...a civil war involving dragons. It's gonna be pretty awesome I think.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:26 PM   #109
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation View Post

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:46 PM   #110
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
I had the exact same reaction. But the show, for a first episode with a lot to set up, was otherwise off to a good start.
After watching the episode my impression is that it was supposed to begin with that dragon flight over the city. Then a group of dumb ****ers watching it convinced themselves that the show was all about a younger version of Dany so they added the exposition.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:07 PM   #111
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
After watching the episode my impression is that it was supposed to begin with that dragon flight over the city. Then a group of dumb ****ers watching it convinced themselves that the show was all about a younger version of Dany so they added the exposition.
Wow. Never seen someone so upset about an exposition. If this show is humming by season 2 episode 4, are you still going to be harboring resentment because of this deep slight in narration?

It's over. Enjoy the show.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:28 PM   #112
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

That was....not good.

I figured with Sapochnik directing and them really needing to try to win back some capital with the fan base, we'd get something interesting. We did not.

And the guy playing Viserys is just a really bad actor.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:29 PM   #113
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Says the guy that defended Will Smith of all people!

But seriously, I'm pretty sure GRRM said Daemon is his favorite character in the entire GOT universe.

He seems like the epitome of "gray" characters that he loves. I know he was portrayed as a bit of an antagonist, but there's more to his character.
Daemon is a freakin' awesome character.

And I just don't think Matt Smith is the right guy to cast for him at all.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:31 PM   #114
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Felt like I wanted it to be Transformers but instead I got go bots
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:37 PM   #115
I'll be back.

viserys is a total pussy

rooting for daemon

the medieval c-section was disturbing, even for GoT
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:45 PM   #116
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That was....not good.

I figured with Sapochnik directing and them really needing to try to win back some capital with the fan base, we'd get something interesting. We did not.

And the guy playing Viserys is just a really bad actor.
I see this as the standard playing not to lose approach. They threw a bunch of money at shiny shit, tried to make something immersive, missed a few details and got beat. As a Chiefs fan I can see it from a million miles away.

They continued to miss what’s important. There were no Sean Bean killer performances, no magnetic Mark Addy banter, no Dinklage wit.

Daemon was interesting. Aema was compelling. The rest they missed on. I think some of it was trying to be stoic (see Sean Bean), but it wasn’t good.

Thats not to say it is a disaster. The whole birthing bed is our battlefield and the. The intercut birth with savage knight competition was damned good television. And the funeral scene carried weight.

But there is an interesting enough world they have access to and hopefully grab hold of they’ll get some rope.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 01:08 AM   #117
Perpetual Mediocrity

10M viewers for the first episode. On par with much of the S7 and S8 viewership numbers for GoT pre-pandemic, which is pretty impressive.

It certainly looks like this will be HBO's next powerhouse show.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-23-2022, 05:47 AM   #118
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Wow. Never seen someone so upset about an exposition. If this show is humming by season 2 episode 4, are you still going to be harboring resentment because of this deep slight in narration?

It's over. Enjoy the show.
I've seen exactly one episode. The opening was stupid, and I still watched it through to the end. Meanwhile here you are white knighting a TV show for some reason. Get a grip.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:34 AM   #119
In Search of a Life

I thought it was pretty good. Started a little "meh" but by the end, I was fully sucked in. Had most of the usual GOT elements. Liked how the music paid homage to the original, especially during the ending credits.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2022, 06:52 AM   #120
In Search of a Life

Big GOT fan, never read any of the books. Completely underwhelmed by the first episode.
Dragons/CGI were weak. Acting not very strong and character development was poor.

If you are going to have that c-section scene it would help if there was a little emotional investment in the king and queen.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.