Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-17-2017, 07:45 AM  
MVP

Tesla unveil Semi, new Roadster, & also teased a "pickup truck"

Anyone watch the unveil last night?

The numbers on the semi destroyed what anyone thought possible.

- 0-60 in 5 sec
- 0-60 in 20 sec under max gross payload of 80k lbs
- 65mph up 5% grade under max lied, compared to 45mph for ICE semi
- 500 mile range
- 400 miles of additional range after 30 min charge
- Guaranteed 7¢/kWh fuel cost(solar) compared to volatile oil
- Nuclear explosion proof glass(apparently cracked windshield takes semi off road)
- 1 million mile guarantee it won't breakdown
- Will never need a brake change
- "Impossible" to jacknife
- Beats semis on economics day 1
- In convoy mode, beats rail on economics

300 miles of range: $150,000
500 miles of range: $180,000
Founders series: $200,000

https://youtu.be/CBTQnmUolas
The Roadster was a complete surprise, and the numbers given destroy any production car you can think of, even a Koenisegg.

- 0-60 in 1.9 sec (this is faster than most Formula 1 cars)
- 0-100 in 4.2
- 1/4 mile in 8.9 sec
- 250+ mph top speed
- 621 mile range (That's Kansas City to Denver without fueling)
- 10,000 nm torque

and that's the base model. Starting at $200k and Founders series at $250k. Destroys million dollar cars.

Also teased a rendering image of a consumer pickup truck with a normal truck in the bed.

https://youtu.be/5n9xafjynJA

Last edited by aturnis; 11-23-2017 at 02:02 AM..
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:08 AM   #136
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Here these are better than those nasty green things anyway

We talked about running some red. Problem is I’m 5 miles from the Deere outfit and 50 from the nearest red outfit. About the 10,000th time I kill an hour to go get some damn special bolt only to hear “I can have it here Monday”. I’d flip my shit.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #137
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
We talked about running some red. Problem is I’m 5 miles from the Deere outfit and 50 from the nearest red outfit. About the 10,000th time I kill an hour to go get some damn special bolt only to hear “I can have it here Monday”. I’d flip my shit.
That’s the same problem we run into on our farm. Deere is about 45 min away and Red is 2 hours..been lucky so far and only needed to make 1 trip to the dealer for parts. We called ahead to make sure they had them first
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #138
Supporter

I am surprised you can fix anything on the new rigs. Even the bolts probably have computers going to them.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #139
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
That’s the same problem we run into on our farm. Deere is about 45 min away and Red is 2 hours..been lucky so far and only needed to make 1 trip to the dealer for parts. We called ahead to make sure they had them first
Holy shit. I give the parts counter a lot of business. One year we had a guy working for us that was a good mechanic and we let him do some annual inspection stuff. I didn’t feel like we did a lot on anything in particular except quite a few wear parts on the combine.

Then later on the CSR comes out carrying this crap knife set that the coop gives out for patronage gifts and says we were a top 10 parts customer. He was trying to make a big deal about it. And I get it. He’s trying to reward his loyal customers or whatever. But damn all I could think was, “congrats Buehler. You got the junk equipment award.”

I can’t imagine what we would have had if we shelled a hydro or something. I think the only things we tore up were a driveshaft on a cornhead and a gearbox on a mower. The rest were wear parts!
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:44 AM   #140
Supporter

Top 10 parts customer is one of those awards you really don't want.

"Thanks for your tens of thousands of dollars of business. Here is a POS knife set to show our appreciation".

notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:48 AM   #141
Supporter

As soon as he would of said top 10 in parts and had a shitty knife set to give me

Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #142
MVP

...... ya, about that semi.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:38 PM   #143
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
...... ya, about that semi.
What about it. Did I miss something?
Old 05-12-2018, 05:32 AM   #144
MVP

I don't give away knives, I bet Oprah does.

Getting things in order is tough especially when you slack off on the PM but the big question is "did you keep the knives?"

Quote:
Holy shit. I give the parts counter a lot of business. One year we had a guy working for us that was a good mechanic and we let him do some annual inspection stuff. I didn’t feel like we did a lot on anything in particular except quite a few wear parts on the combine.

Then later on the CSR comes out carrying this crap knife set that the coop gives out for patronage gifts and says we were a top 10 parts customer. He was trying to make a big deal about it. And I get it. He’s trying to reward his loyal customers or whatever. But damn all I could think was, “congrats Buehler. You got the junk equipment award.”

I can’t imagine what we would have had if we shelled a hydro or something. I think the only things we tore up were a driveshaft on a cornhead and a gearbox on a mower. The rest were wear parts!
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:49 AM   #145
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post

Getting things in order is tough especially when you slack off on the PM but the big question is "did you keep the knives?"
I gave them to dad. And the answer is probably yes. They keep everything
Old 05-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #146
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post

Oh. And that’s largely what it was - preventative maintinence. We didn’t tear up much shit so it was almost all wear parts.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:52 AM   #147
MVP

Quote:
What about it. Did I miss something?
Tesla is the most shorted stock on the market. Short sellers are losing their asses. So naturally, Wall Street, in an attempt to help out their buddies, write mostly negative articles about the company. They can turn literally anything into a negative, even positives. It's largely why Musk got pissed at some of the questions in the last quarterly conference call. Short seller investors kept asking the same financial questions that were answered in the financial report handed to them earlier in the day.

These "reports" about the Tesla Semi program "being dead", are based off of one Amateur financial analysts symptom, based off of the fact that the Semi was largely ignored in the conference call. https://www.google.com/amp/s/seeking...esla-semi-dead

The guy is the literal definition of hack, as are 90%+ of the writers over at Seeking Alpha. Nevermind that the entire focus of every investor on the call was Model 3 production, but it's also been the sole focus of Tesla for almost a year now. Using this guys logic, the Roadster, S and X, Energy Storage, Solar cells and pickup are all dead projects as well.

The Semi project is very much alive. In fact, Musk said in that very quarterly earnings call that they'd likely beat their 500 miles range promise and should be close to 600 miles per charge.

The guy also focuses on the fact that they "only" have 2000 Semi preorders. Completely ignoring the fact that an industry he himself calls "extremely conservative" is going to tread lightly with new tech, and will want to test internally extensively before making major investments.

That said, some large buyers who have been a part of testing the early prototypes say that their number crunchers believe that the truck will pay itself off in under 2 years.

The only real concern with the program is how Tesla will distribute the charging infrastructure necessary throughout the country and world.

Personally, I think that won't be nearly the problem some make it out to be. I think those investing in the trucks will see the financial advantages of installing solar and storage along with charging infrastructure directly at their own facilities. Given Nearly 80 percent of freight in the U.S. is*moved less than 250 miles. The average length-of-haul in the trucking industry has dropped from about 800 miles 15 years ago to about 500 miles last year, according to the American Trucking Associations, a result of port expansions nationwide and the e-commerce boom. So a wholly owned charging solution should suit most customers.
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #148
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Tesla is the most shorted stock on the market. Short sellers are losing their asses. So naturally, Wall Street, in an attempt to help out their buddies, write mostly negative articles about the company. They can turn literally anything into a negative, even positives. It's largely why Musk got pissed at some of the questions in the last quarterly conference call. Short seller investors kept asking the same financial questions that were answered in the financial report handed to them earlier in the day.

These "reports" about the Tesla Semi program "being dead", are based off of one Amateur financial analysts symptom, based off of the fact that the Semi was largely ignored in the conference call. https://www.google.com/amp/s/seeking...esla-semi-dead

The guy is the literal definition of hack, as are 90%+ of the writers over at Seeking Alpha. Nevermind that the entire focus of every investor on the call was Model 3 production, but it's also been the sole focus of Tesla for almost a year now. Using this guys logic, the Roadster, S and X, Energy Storage, Solar cells and pickup are all dead projects as well.

The Semi project is very much alive. In fact, Musk said in that very quarterly earnings call that they'd likely beat their 500 miles range promise and should be close to 600 miles per charge.

The guy also focuses on the fact that they "only" have 2000 Semi preorders. Completely ignoring the fact that an industry he himself calls "extremely conservative" is going to tread lightly with new tech, and will want to test internally extensively before making major investments.

That said, some large buyers who have been a part of testing the early prototypes say that their number crunchers believe that the truck will pay itself off in under 2 years.

The only real concern with the program is how Tesla will distribute the charging infrastructure necessary throughout the country and world.

Personally, I think that won't be nearly the problem some make it out to be. I think those investing in the trucks will see the financial advantages of installing solar and storage along with charging infrastructure directly at their own facilities. Given Nearly 80 percent of freight in the U.S. is*moved less than 250 miles. The average length-of-haul in the trucking industry has dropped from about 800 miles 15 years ago to about 500 miles last year, according to the American Trucking Associations, a result of port expansions nationwide and the e-commerce boom. So a wholly owned charging solution should suit most customers.
I have to imagine that the first buyers will be companies that have short routes that can basically just haul every day and charge every night. That should be pretty easy to implement and prove the concept. As e-trucks (Can we call them ETs to contrast with EVs? That would be fun.) become more common, the highway infrastructure will adapt as needed.

Trucking companies have a TON of reasons to try and reduce fuel costs, so it won't be hard to get the capital investments to work once the concept is proven.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #149
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Tesla again stands to gain as they make solar panels AND the cheapest best performing batteries available.
Wait, hold on, I thought Tesla used 18650's (or similar) that were made by other companies?
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #150
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I have to imagine that the first buyers will be companies that have short routes that can basically just haul every day and charge every night. That should be pretty easy to implement and prove the concept. As e-trucks (Can we call them ETs to contrast with EVs? That would be fun.) become more common, the highway infrastructure will adapt as needed.

Trucking companies have a TON of reasons to try and reduce fuel costs, so it won't be hard to get the capital investments to work once the concept is proven.
Maintainence will be the driver on the trucks. Yeah, fuel is expensive but so is downtime and parts. And quite frankly the amount of torque applied through the system is so much higher to haul 85,000 as opposed to 2000 there is a lot of testing they need to do.