Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2024, 02:46 PM   #2
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I mean, I wouldn't go that far about inconsistency though I agree he was more inconsistent this year. he's still one of the better punters in the league. And i can't help but wonder how much battling injuries all year might have something to do with that. We said the same about butker last season.

I care a lot more about the holding than the punting. And Townsend has finally got it down where araiza was trying to learn it. I dunno... Given the season butker had I don't want to mess with it
No he isn't.

Find me some numbers that support it. He was, at best, an average punter last season. Even stuff like Puntalytics has him barely in the top 20 and that's all they do.

Wanna say you're worried about the holding aspect of it? Aight - worry away, I guess. But as a punter, Townsend was nothing special. He has been a JAG most of his career with one notably good season in 2022.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 02:57 PM   #3
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
No he isn't.

Find me some numbers that support it. He was, at best, an average punter last season. Even stuff like Puntalytics has him barely in the top 20 and that's all they do.

Wanna say you're worried about the holding aspect of it? Aight - worry away, I guess. But as a punter, Townsend was nothing special. He has been a JAG most of his career with one notably good season in 2022.
Tommy seems to have a big but very inconsistent leg.

Not someone I want to pay. Sometimes he looks incredible, but he’s shanked plenty in his career. Can’t have that inconsistency.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2024, 03:08 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
No he isn't.

Isn't that the same data that had him as the second best punter last season?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2024, 03:17 PM   #5
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Isn't that the same data that had him as the second best punter last season?
Probably.

And I believe in the bottom 1/3 the year before that. Which is precisely my point. There's never been the sort of AJ Cole level of consistency at the top of the league from him. And punters are a lot like relievers in that the very tip top is usually kinda stable (again, guys like Cole) whereas the rest of it is volatile.

He was below average in 2020 and 2021, slightly above average in 2023 (and 15th by their Punter EPA rating).

3/4 of the seasons he's been in the league, including his most recent one, he's been slightly below average to slightly above average. It's more likely that he's just an average punter than it is he's 'one of the best in the league'.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote