Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #8281
EvOlVeD

what's ya'lls go to spices for your beans?

im going with fresh garlic, onion, bay leaves, garlic powder onion powder.

but i feel there needs to be more...
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #8282
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post

Nah, if you're talking great northern, that with the pork is perfect. You probably want to salt to taste after, but let them simmer as is.

Now for me, I reduce ham hocks by half, then make up the other half [precook weight, or a little less] with bacon crisped up beforehand. crumble it up and toss it in.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #8283
EvOlVeD

i was thinking bacon too. i've added some fresh garlic chives from the herb box, chili flakes. and i didn't mention, but they are northern white beans.

i've actually got the hocks in the slow cooker on low with the herbs. ill add the beans in about an hour. that will give me 8 hours to slow cook'em.
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #8284
Ultrabanned

Quote:

For ham and beans I keep it pretty simple. You have it right. I usually add in black pepper, parsley and a little tomato paste myself.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #8285
Ultrabanned

I wish I could make some chili or ham and beans right now. My wife acts like as soon as it is sunny and 65+ outside we can't eat any of that stuff.

As we sit in a climate controlled house, office, car all day. But it's kinda warm outside so she shot down chili as I had suggested.

Had a 6 lb. or so pork butt in the freezer. Made a crockpot Korean bbq recipe I found online. Brined the butt just because. Seared it off nicely. The sauce was about 3/4 cup soy sauce, 3/4 cup brown sugar, about 6 tbsp of minced garlic, 4 tbsp of chili garlic paste, couple of tablespoons of hoisin sauce, three apples and a one inch ginger knob. Wish I had added an onion.

Turned out delicious. Served over some white rice with green onions to garnish.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #8286
www.nfl-forecast.com

I make version of skillet cornbread with buttermilk, bacon, jalapeños, and corn.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #8287
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Nah, if you're talking great northern, that with the pork is perfect. You probably want to salt to taste after, but let them simmer as is.

Now for me, I reduce ham hocks by half, then make up the other half [precook weight, or a little less] with bacon crisped up beforehand. crumble it up and toss it in.
Holy shit. That sounds amazing.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #8288
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Holy shit. That sounds amazing.
Bean with bacon was my favorite of the canned soups even when I was a kid. So when I started making my own slow cooked great northerns, it seemed like a no-brainer. Works great.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #8289
Supporter

I just grilled some butterflied chicken breasts. Potato corn salad and fruit.

No pic. Nothing special but pretty good.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #8290
Veteran

Sous vide pork tenderloin, rice pilaf and grilled cauliflower.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:29 PM   #8291
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Creamed corn can be a nice addition too, just say'n.

Ingredients

2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 cup creamed corn
2 tablespoons canola oil
ADD CHECKED ITEMS TO GROCERY LIST
Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet into the oven.

In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk together to combine well.

In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, and creamed corn, whisking together to combine thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and stir to combine. If the batter will not pour, add more buttermilk to the batter.

Swirl the canola oil in the hot cast iron skillet. Pour the batter into the skillet. Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and springs back upon the touch, about 20 minutes.

Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown
ran it by the wife and she's game to try the creamed corn. surely i could simply put the cup of corn into my recipe, no?
Old 06-12-2017, 03:49 AM   #8292
EvOlVeD

Quote:
freudian slip?

i haven't done the sour cream, but muffin tins i do occasionally. my go to lately is sriacha sauce

i think i may have posted the conbread recipe before, not sure:

1 c. flour
1 c. yellow cornmeal
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 c. plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Preparation:
In a small bowl, soak 1 c. cornmeal in 1 c. milk for 15 minutes without stirring. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 to 12 inch round pan. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder with whisk. Stir in eggs, cornmeal and milk mixture, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Batter will be slightly lumpy, that’s okay. Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cornbread comes out clean.
so i changed my recipe and morphed it with sour cream, creamed corn and bacon.

cut the flour to half cup, added that half to corn meal. halved the milk and replaced the other with sour cream. added 1 cup of creamed corn. fried up some diced bacon and topped the corn bread before baking.

gotta say, the original recipe is a 10. but with your suggestions...

Spoiler!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0720.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	114544   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0722.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	114545   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	114546  
Old 06-12-2017, 08:18 AM   #8293
Keepin it Real

My wife made homemade shrimp Alfredo last night with spaghetti squash as the noodles for low carbs. It was not too bad.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:46 AM   #8294
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I have lots of leftovers. Cmon over, burt.

Wife said she thinks this is one of (if not THE) best chilis I've made.
Oh....I would very much like that!!!
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #8295
Gimme My Berries Back!

French Night

Creamy Dijon Chicken with peas, carrots and brown rice.

One of my favorite comfort foods.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Creamy Dijon ChickenRSF.png
Views:	415
Size:	521.1 KB
ID:	114552  
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.