Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:45 PM   #736
Mod Team

Thanks to those who got me into chuckeye steaks. Never would have known about them without CP. My cheap heart feels ok eating these!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	111281  
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #737
BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Was something unclear?

Yes. Cook separately so they don't overcook.
I just pull the rice to the side and add the egg at the very end.
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #738
Cast Iron Jedi

Creole shrimp and grits.

Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #739
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Thanks to those who got me into chuckeye steaks. Never would have known about them without CP. My cheap heart feels ok eating these!
That looks FANTASTIC along with the brussel sprouts.

I've heard of chuck steaks but never a chuckeye. What would you compare it to in terms of flavor, tenderness, and marbling?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #740
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post

I've heard of chuck steaks but never a chuckeye. What would you compare it to in terms of flavor, tenderness, and marbling?

It's the chuck side of the ribeye. Very similar in taste, texture, etc. some here will say it's indistinguishable from ribeye, and those people don't know steak. But for generally half the cost, it is a DAMN FINE substitute.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #741
Mod Team

Quote:

Poor man's ribeye. Hard to find and sometimes I have to ask the butcher. They would tell me when they were getting it in and could save me some. I asked enough at Safeway they they have started carrying it regularly with the other steaks! Usually can get it for $5-6/lb. Nothing like a ribeye but close enough for me to save a few extra bucks and not have it be too terribly different. Would highly recommend.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:51 PM   #742
Banned

Quote:
Was something unclear?

Yes. Cook separately so they don't overcook.
yea it was. you are better than most of us in a kitchen. sometimes i dont understand so i ask you questions.
Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:00 PM   #743
Banned

beef prices have come down about 20% in the last 2 months this neck of the woods. premium cuts are still high.
Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:56 AM   #744
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalor2 View Post
yea it was. you are better than most of us in a kitchen. sometimes i dont understand so i ask you questions.

Happy to answer if I can, but it wasn't clear what you were asking. If I add egg or any kind of meat to a stir fry, I cook it first, set it aside, and add it back at the end. I don't usually do either, though. I'm not a vegetarian, but my stir fries usually are.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #745
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
It's the chuck side of the ribeye. Very similar in taste, texture, etc. some here will say it's indistinguishable from ribeye, and those people don't know steak. But for generally half the cost, it is a DAMN FINE substitute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Poor man's ribeye. Hard to find and sometimes I have to ask the butcher. They would tell me when they were getting it in and could save me some. I asked enough at Safeway they they have started carrying it regularly with the other steaks! Usually can get it for $5-6/lb. Nothing like a ribeye but close enough for me to save a few extra bucks and not have it be too terribly different. Would highly recommend.
How do you cook them and what is the tenderness level?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:40 AM   #746
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Same way you'd do a ribeye. Grill or cast iron. I think the texture is very similar to the cap on the ribeye. It's got a little more gristle, but it's a good cut. Sometimes can find it for $7/pound. I wouldn't pay much more than that. I've seen it for $10. If I'm spending that much on a steak at the grocery store, I'm buying ribeye.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #747
Mod Team

Quote:
I only cook steaks in cast iron. Salt and pepper in fridge all night before cooking.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #748
Mod Team

Best part about living in smaller Mexico during holiday....homemade Tamales from every street corner. Lady my wife works with makes the best spicy pork tamales ever.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:07 PM   #749
Cast Iron Jedi

Dude, I've been craving tamales for a week. And I really don't want to make them myself.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:07 PM   #750
Cast Iron Jedi

Just put a batch of chili con carne in the pressure cooker.