Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2017, 11:29 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

****2017 NFL Draft Thread**** (NO Spoilers)

Let's ****ing do this.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:24 PM   #196
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
The tweet doesn't even make sense.

First he suggests that the Chiefs would need to use picks to trade up and get Mahomes....and in the same tweet suggests that "if not" Mahomes may slide to the 2nd day.

Dafuq.
He's stating that we would want to give up day 2 picks this year to move up for Mahomes.....not early picks next year.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #197
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
The tweet doesn't even make sense.

First he suggests that the Chiefs would need to use picks to trade up and get Mahomes....and in the same tweet suggests that "if not" Mahomes may slide to the 2nd day.

Dafuq.
If not mahomes a guy in 2nd maybe?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #198
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
He's stating that we would want to give up day 2 picks this year to move up for Mahomes.....not early picks next year.
ahhh i see. Yeah, read that wrong.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #199
Most Valuable Villain

The Post-Standard reports Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes is expected to go in the top 10.

Per reporter Matthew Fairburn, the Chiefs are "known to love" Mahomes, and are considering a trade up. The top 10 isn't lacking for quarterback-needy teams, including the team Fairburn covers, the Bills, at No. 10. Although this is considered a relatively poor quarterback class, teams appear prepared to go as crazy as usual pursuing football's most important position.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #200

Quote:
The Post-Standard reports Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes is expected to go in the top 10.

Per reporter Matthew Fairburn, the Chiefs are "known to love" Mahomes, and are considering a trade up. The top 10 isn't lacking for quarterback-needy teams, including the team Fairburn covers, the Bills, at No. 10. Although this is considered a relatively poor quarterback class, teams appear prepared to go as crazy as usual pursuing football's most important position.
I can't see that happening and wouldn't even want to see that happen.

Sure, Mahomes is a good looking prospect, but he has some serious question marks as well. The ammo required for a move like that would be tremendous.

Into the late teens, sure. Top 10? No thanks. Too cost prohibitive.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #201
Abolish The Salary Cap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Who the **** is this guy? He's just making assumptions, because we have the extra picks to make a move. Most likely, we aren't going to end up with 10 draft picks by the end of the draft
He's another Matt Miller.
Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Quesadilla Joe has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #202
In Search of a Life

This guy is the only person I've heard saying this about Mahomes.

I can't see those top 10 teams passing up on the talent available for a guy that has to sit at least a year. Those are some bad teams that need talent everywhere.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:29 PM   #203

Quote:

I can't see those top 10 teams passing up on the talent available for a guy that has to sit at least a year. Those are some bad teams.
Agreed.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #204
Mahomes or GTFO

I'm in Vienna. I was planning on staying up super ****ing late to see who we picked, but alas....these German women on the rooftop bar got me drunk as shit. Probably going to have to catch up on this shit show in the morning. I have to drive to Salzburg tomorrow, so I'll probably listen to the coverage as if it were live on the way.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:34 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
I'm in Vienna. I was planning on staying up super ****ing late to see who we picked, but alas....these German women on the rooftop bar got me drunk as shit. Probably going to have to catch up on this shit show in the morning. I have to drive to Salzburg tomorrow, so I'll probably listen to the coverage as if it were live on the way.
Make sure your kidneys haven't been cut out when you wake up.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #206
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
This guy is the only person I've heard saying this about Mahomes.

I can't see those top 10 teams passing up on the talent available for a guy that has to sit at least a year. Those are some bad teams that need talent everywhere.
Guarantee it's a smoke screen from the top 10 teams trying to entice teams to offer them a trade so they can move out.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #207
Most Valuable Villain

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-mock-draft-ii

27. Kansas City Chiefs - QB Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech - Alex Smith is 32 years old and the Chiefs would save $17 million of his $20 million salary if he is not on the roster in 2018. All the buzz points to Mahomes landing in the first round. Personally, I don’t view him in that territory as there is no easy comparison of success in the NFL. Perhaps he creates a new mold. Andy Reid and company added Kevin Kolb in round two, then Michael Vick two years later, when Donovan McNabb was around Smith’s current age.

Trubisky goes to the Browns at 1.
Watson goes to the Cardinals at 13.
Webb goes to the Texans at 25.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:43 PM   #208
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Guarantee it's a smoke screen from the top 10 teams trying to entice teams to offer them a trade so they can move out.
Yup, exactly what I was thinking
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #209
offense > defense

Would be all over it.

-- Couldn't care less which QB it is. I'll trust Reid/Dorsey (despite pretending Alex Smith is capable)

-- Couldn't care less what we trade. WORTH.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #210
In Search of a Life

On my drive home from work, I heard this potential move by Denver to #5 is for a QB
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.