Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2024, 07:35 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Buying a new pickup

Im in the market to buy a new pickup. Ive looked at everything I can study and have settled in on what I want. Ive used the build sites to choose options and what not. Now it time to actually talk to a dealer.

Ive never bought online or over the phone and that seems like a way to go so I dont have to deal with smarmy salesmen and sales managers and deal closers bullshit.

Looking for any experiences good, bad, what to do not do? It will have to be ordered as I have not found any in inventory anywhere that is what I want

Its a GMC 1/2 ton loaded up outfit, no financing, will pay cash
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 11:27 AM   #106
Veteran

Everybody's going to the small displacement, turbocharged engines. Great fuel economy and crazy power. The Ford F-150 V6 3.5 liter EcoBoost is a power house. Basically putting the V8 engine out of business
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:00 PM
stevieray
This message has been deleted by stevieray. Reason: dupe
Old 05-03-2024, 12:01 PM   #107
best in the biz

My 93 s10 with the 4.3 gave up the ghost the other day with 276k. That truck made me a ton of money.

Rebuilding it with a crank kit and a new tranny.

Not interested in a car a payment of buying someone else's troubles.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:19 PM   #108
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Well, its done and delivered and in garage.

Happy with it. 1/2 ton Denali Crew cab

But here is a kick in the nuts.

Has amazing technology dashboard. clear as a bell, great graphics.

MSRP north of $70G

No Owners manual. None. Guidebook that covers sickum but legal shit.

Owners manual is a PDF online.

Ever read a book on your phone?

Did anyone there consider making it an app on the trucks dash?

So, I get in touch with GMC...yes you can get a traditional owners manual.

Its $50 plus postage and handling
Deere is doing the same shit. I did buy a new planter and it came with 4 friggin manuals, I was surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
With business/work, new vehicles make more sense if you get in a trade-in cycle.

I bought 1 new vehicle for personal use, which was a Honda Pilot for my family, and it was at a surprising price (before covid).

Now I don't know what I would do. People keep buying new no matter what the cost is, so the prices will continue deeper into insanity.
I can't get there. There are enough dudes buying pickups for 1 year and getting absolutely ass****ed by the 1 year depreciation then I buy a used one.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:21 PM   #109
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
My 93 s10 with the 4.3 gave up the ghost the other day with 276k. That truck made me a ton of money.

Rebuilding it with a crank kit and a new tranny.

Not interested in a car a payment of buying someone else's troubles.
I had one of those. Square body. Black. Heartbeat of America on the side. Camaro rims. Blew blue smoke every time I started it. Still a nice truck.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 12:22 PM   #110
It was not a fair catch

Remember when cars came with CD owners manuals???
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:26 PM   #111
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
knock on wood. that is why I am sticking with my 2015 Ram---with the lifetime warranty.
Be careful with that. When it breaks down, they may send somebody to kill you.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 12:44 PM   #112
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I guess I don't know why they can't just give you that printed manual (if you ask) when you just spent 70k on a truck.
Manuals are part of a new vehicle. You should have received one. In 37 years of selling new vehicles, I have not delivered one without. Oh, CP just got back a car guy!
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 12:48 PM   #113
Veteran

��
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:49 PM   #114
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Remember when the labor cost of each vehicle is only 7%? Manufacturing professionals remember.
Speaking on behalf of all consumers, I remember it very fondly.
Don’t worry, I won’t be contributing to this slush fund. My new Land Rover was built in the Solihull Plant, United Kingdom.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:49 PM   #115
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJake View Post
Everybody's going to the small displacement, turbocharged engines. Great fuel economy and crazy power. The Ford F-150 V6 3.5 liter EcoBoost is a power house. Basically putting the V8 engine out of business
I got the new Chevy Trailblazer and it only has three cylinders, but is turbo charged, so you would never know it.
bsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:02 PM   #116
Veteran

Figured I'd click on this thread after driving my 2001 4 Runner with 325K miles.

Still going strong.

Went to get an extra key made. $5.
Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:03 PM   #117
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Well, its done and delivered and in garage.

Happy with it. 1/2 ton Denali Crew cab

But here is a kick in the nuts.

Has amazing technology dashboard. clear as a bell, great graphics.

MSRP north of $70G

No Owners manual. None. Guidebook that covers sickum but legal shit.

Owners manual is a PDF online.

Ever read a book on your phone?

Did anyone there consider making it an app on the trucks dash?

So, I get in touch with GMC...yes you can get a traditional owners manual.

Its $50 plus postage and handling

No hard copy owners manual on a 70K rig? Yeah, I would have made them throw that in, that's horse shit. The are not going to crater a 70K deal over a $50 owners manual. At this point, keep checking for your manual on ebay.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:09 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
No hard copy owners manual on a 70K rig? Yeah, I would have made them throw that in, that's horse shit. The are not going to crater a 70K deal over a $50 owners manual. At this point, keep checking for your manual on ebay.

I just looked. There is one on there now for $19.95 with free shipping.......Go.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:02 PM   #119
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
I just looked. There is one on there now for $19.95 with free shipping.......Go.
That’s $20.00 I wouldn’t spend. He was cheated out of it. I’d f-ing call the dealership.
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:49 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt View Post
That’s $20.00 I wouldn’t spend. He was cheated out of it. I’d f-ing call the dealership.
Yeah that would be the ideal solution and they damn well should provide one. With that said, you know how some of those outfits get after the sale. If they tell him to go pound sand, ebay would be a lot cheaper than spending the 50 bones, plus shipping.