Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:17 PM   #4366
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Long Darden cuz Ma and Pop shops are probably screwed.

Yep. I've already staked my bets. Darden along with Texas Roadhouse, Bloomin Brands, and a handful of other well established casual dine in/carry out chains in the sector. I, like you am seeing a scenario where a considerable number of smaller offerings could go bankrupt. But my thinking is that a good number of the larger non pizza or fast food chains that are getting pounded right now are going to survive. I'm expecting a fair share of volatility and some short term losses until the market as a whole starts to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Like I mentioned , I've been wrong before. But that's the way I am seeing it.
johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.johnny961 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:41 PM   #4367
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
TD Ameritrade.
When will the integration to Schwab be completed?

I hated when TD bought Scottrade. I hope they create another Scottrade. It was the best and most concise online brokerage. TD Ameritrade was so ****ed up with too many bells and whistles and overkill.

I wanted to create my own simple layout and it was just a ****ing eyesore on what they made you have on your home page.

I have Wells Fargo now and it sucks, so far behind the times.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:22 PM   #4368
Mod Team

Now is not the time to get foolish. Let's talk about long term investing in sound companies. Here's my current list of positions I'm looking to add during this downturn for long term growth.

Johnson and Johnson
Visa
McDonald's
Apple
Catepillar (I question having this included)
Nike
Honeywell

Companies you'd add?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:28 PM   #4369
Supporter

Why are you questioning Cat?

Are their financials bad?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:35 PM   #4370
Supporter

I'd throw in:
Ardent Mills - ****asses are hoarding flour. Wheat price took a shit today. Things are looking up in the short term.

Probably Tyson and Con Agri. Packer margins are at record highs. After the ****ery lets loose they should figure it out.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:39 AM   #4371
Rookie

Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Apple
Neuromancer is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:23 AM   #4372
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
The Mortgage Bankers Association in a dire letter to regulators Sunday warned that the U.S. housing market is “in danger of large-scale disruption,” due to efforts by the Federal Reserve that were intended to help rescue the mortgage market.

At issue are the Fed’s unprecedented $183 billion of purchases last week of mortgage-backed securities. The purchases were meant to drive down rates, and they did.

But together with the storm that gripped financial markets from the coronavirus, they also effectively blew up a widespread hedge that mortgage bankers use to protect themselves against rate increases. The hedge pays them if the prevailing rate in the market is higher than the mortgage rate they locked in with the customer.

Source

Spoiler!
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #4373
Supporter

Aww hell. Nobody thought of that huh?

Speaking of hedges, I got out of my wheat spread and my hedges are all making money now.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:30 AM   #4374
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Aww hell. Nobody thought of that huh?

Speaking of hedges, I got out of my wheat spread and my hedges are all making money now.
I've had my trading account flagged as a PDT and I'm needing to meet margin requirement in order to do any additional trades.

So today has been fun.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:34 AM   #4375
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Now is not the time to get foolish. Let's talk about long term investing in sound companies. Here's my current list of positions I'm looking to add during this downturn for long term growth.

Johnson and Johnson
Visa
McDonald's
Apple
Catepillar (I question having this included)
Nike
Honeywell

Companies you'd add?
3M is nicely priced and pays good dividends. Great long term hold.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:42 AM   #4376
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
3M is nicely priced and pays good dividends. Great long term hold.
And they're a major mask maker. They got a contract a couple of weeks ago to make 35 million masks, and you figure more orders are coming.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #4377
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
I've had my trading account flagged as a PDT and I'm needing to meet margin requirement in order to do any additional trades.

So today has been fun.
Pattern Day Trader? Is that what you mean by PDT?

Last year I had enough margin calls. I got whipsawed on a bunch of hedge positions, because I thought I knew what I was doing. Ended up fine because I still had the physical, but mother****er, approving those ACHs are ass. I've had enough (As I sit here with a bunch of hedges through contracts on LOL).

Side story that probably only I think is funny, but I talked to an old guy I bought this sprayer from. Got a call from my broker. On call. Whatever, approve the ACH. He told me he had cattle hedged in the 80s, whatever year the market was limit down for something reeruned like 12 days in a row or something ****ing horrific. Anyway he told me the secretary for the broker would always call at the same time and had some cringey voice that was like nails on a chalkboard, "STAN, you're on call again today." I'll probably never forget the face he made. I laughed for days about that.

But yeah, that cattle market in the 80s. Those guys were tough sons of bitches. Paying ridiculous interest and daily limit margin calls.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:56 PM   #4378
He's Mahomie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
Speaking of great dividends I just bought KOL. 17% dividends. Wow.

Also bought USO. Oil won't get much cheaper than this.

Both longterm plays.
USO up 17% today. Doubled down today w/HAL.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #4379
Veteran

Anyone venturing into the Airlines? or am I the only idiot?
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #4380
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
And they're a major mask maker. They got a contract a couple of weeks ago to make 35 million masks, and you figure more orders are coming.
Exactly this!
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli