Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2024, 10:59 AM   #2
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons View Post
You trading a vehicle in or buying outright?
Buy outright.
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:48 AM   #3
Supporter

Nice! Enjoy it bud.

Also, I'm thankful for my dealer. He doesn't pull any shit.

Here's my experience. Remember that I'm likely treating mine differently than yours, but here's been my experience.

I haven't been buying new ones. I've been buying low mileage used and churning them pretty regularly. I put a boatload of miles on them down some truly garbage roads. It has treated me decent enough because I dump them while they still have value and before they start to get really bad country road problems.

Moving forward, I won't run out of warranty. The following is just my experience, so grain of salt and all, but it's what happened. In 2022 we had the following happen:

Dad's 2019 Silverado with 56K miles broke a lifter
My 2021 Sierra with 22K broke a lifter
Mom's 2022 Sierra with like 3K dumped a transmission

All covered by warranty, but it was impactful. I don't work the drivetrain too hard. I carry a lot of weight in tools every miles, but rarely tow anything more than a 4 wheeler. Maybe it was COVID supply chain problems, IDK. But I'm not running mine out of warranty anymore.

Now, extended warranties are cheaper these days than they used to be, especially if you get them from a reputable dealer.

Also, if you have any equity in a cooperative, you used to be able to get a fleet discount through Land O Lakes. I did one in 2021, and it mattered. It was a decent chunk of change off and they moved the warranty out to 100K miles. I don't know what the terms are these days, but I'm pretty sure you still have to have equity in a cooperative.

Good luck, and enjoy it, they are goddamned nice.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 11:02 AM   #4
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Nice! Enjoy it bud.

Also, I'm thankful for my dealer. He doesn't pull any shit.

Here's my experience. Remember that I'm likely treating mine differently than yours, but here's been my experience.

I haven't been buying new ones. I've been buying low mileage used and churning them pretty regularly. I put a boatload of miles on them down some truly garbage roads. It has treated me decent enough because I dump them while they still have value and before they start to get really bad country road problems.

Moving forward, I won't run out of warranty. The following is just my experience, so grain of salt and all, but it's what happened. In 2022 we had the following happen:

Dad's 2019 Silverado with 56K miles broke a lifter
My 2021 Sierra with 22K broke a lifter
Mom's 2022 Sierra with like 3K dumped a transmission

All covered by warranty, but it was impactful. I don't work the drivetrain too hard. I carry a lot of weight in tools every miles, but rarely tow anything more than a 4 wheeler. Maybe it was COVID supply chain problems, IDK. But I'm not running mine out of warranty anymore.

Now, extended warranties are cheaper these days than they used to be, especially if you get them from a reputable dealer.

Also, if you have any equity in a cooperative, you used to be able to get a fleet discount through Land O Lakes. I did one in 2021, and it mattered. It was a decent chunk of change off and they moved the warranty out to 100K miles. I don't know what the terms are these days, but I'm pretty sure you still have to have equity in a cooperative.

Good luck, and enjoy it, they are goddamned nice.
I have a 3/4t 2016 Chevy I need for farm and spray stuff. Dont want to run wheels off it but tired of the fuel costs so reason to get a 1/2T plus smaller so wife can drive if needed.
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:25 AM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
I have a 3/4t 2016 Chevy I need for farm and spray stuff. Dont want to run wheels off it but tired of the fuel costs so reason to get a 1/2T plus smaller so wife can drive if needed.
Yeah, agreed.

That unit I got the LOL Fleet discount on was a new Diesel 3/4 ton. It was a PHENOMINAL wagon. But damned expensive to drive. I thought if I had it I might unlock uses for it, but it turned out that most of my miles were still empty, and short drives obliterated my mileage.

I'd love to still have it, but I'm too much of a number monkey to eat it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 12:58 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah, agreed.

That unit I got the LOL Fleet discount on was a new Diesel 3/4 ton. It was a PHENOMINAL wagon. But damned expensive to drive. I thought if I had it I might unlock uses for it, but it turned out that most of my miles were still empty, and short drives obliterated my mileage.

I'd love to still have it, but I'm too much of a number monkey to eat it.
The Land O Lakes thing has become considerably more complicated.

I used to get the discount for owning a little land, but they shut that shit down. Also, you can't pile on outside points on top of the Lakes discount.

My farmer buddy about had an aneurysm over the last trade in cycle.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:15 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post

I used to get the discount for owning a little land, but they shut that shit down. Also, you can't pile on outside points on top of the Lakes discount.

Yeah. I haven’t talked to anybody that’s done it in awhile. It used to just take an equity statement from a cooperative.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:16 PM   #8
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post

The farm program is no more
Old 02-18-2024, 10:51 AM   #9
Supporter

I should note that I've taken that approach on my pickups, because I can put a lot of miles on them. The wife has a 2018 Yukon that isn't getting up there in miles yet, but is going to cost me all the money to trade (last I checked). I don't think the "churn and keep them in warranty" business is going to work there.

I think when we trade if we go back with a big one, it's going to be the extended warranty game.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:53 AM   #10
Born with Bad Habits

Still driving my 2011 Sierra I bought new. Outside of having to replace the dash due to cracking (common issue for that generation), I haven’t had to do anything outside of replacing the brakes and regular oil changes. If it wasn’t for the exorbitant pricing now, I wouldn’t hesitate to get another one.

Last edited by RedandGold; 02-18-2024 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: proofreading
RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RedandGold has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:28 AM   #11
What's up braj?

If you know exactly what you want… email every GMC dealer within a 2 hour radius and tell them exactly what you’re looking for and a price. They’ll know what you’re doing and shouldn’t BS with you on the price too much. And if they do, you’ll have quotes from other places.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:34 PM   #12
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
If you know exactly what you want… email every GMC dealer within a 2 hour radius and tell them exactly what you’re looking for and a price. They’ll know what you’re doing and shouldn’t BS with you on the price too much. And if they do, you’ll have quotes from other places.
My radius was not that big but I did a lot of this. I was surprised at how unwilling they were to just get the damn deal done...did not have all cash like OP but had cash to come in and get a deal done no problem. For some reason they kept wanting to punt me down the line..."well we can run some numbers...I will get back to you....or let me get some information and you can come in the next few days" like....no I want a car now.

Finally found someone that was responsive and just wanted to get the deal done...we both just kept getting each other exactly what we needed and it was a good experience.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:44 AM   #13
It was not a fair catch

I looked at used cars all over the place. Settled on one in AZ, flew in, drove it, bought it, headed for home.

If you find a dealer wanting to sell a car, they will make a deal.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:53 AM   #14
In Search of a Life

I don't know why people are so terrified of dealers.

They pull out the 4 square and I proceed to tell them thanks and wear them down on all 4 squares until I see what I like or I leave. Easy.

The scum dealers you will figure out in the first ten minutes and walk out.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-18-2024, 12:49 PM   #15
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I don't know why people are so terrified of dealers.

They pull out the 4 square and I proceed to tell them thanks and wear them down on all 4 squares until I see what I like or I leave. Easy.

The scum dealers you will figure out in the first ten minutes and walk out.
Yea, well some of us would rather drive 15 year old vehicles than try to wear somebody down, tell them thank you, go some place else, and start over again...
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.