Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM   #2
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
I would do this, if we could get Bowers, but not for Thomas.
I'd far rather do it for Thomas than Bowers.

How many of the league's best TEs are first rounders? Early first rounders at that? Any of them?

Of the, I dunno, 25 best TEs in the league I can see ONE that came in the top 20 picks. 2 if you want to count Pitts. Pitts and Hockenson - that's the list. Kelce, LaPorta, Kittle, Andrews, Goedert, Schultz, McBride - these guys were almost all 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Moreover, the financial benefit of a premier one is minimal. And it's an open question whether or not Reid even NEEDS a premier guy to get premier production - he's always had great TE play. It's just the nature of his offenses.

I would HATE that deal. Absolutely hate it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:43 AM   #3
MVP

Not to mention Bowers is on the small side when compared to the greats or even the goods. He is good but I think the way Georgia plays and being the icing on a weak tight end class has pushed him up a lot of boards. A lot of early round tight ends just end up being regular tight ends. Most of the best are developed after getting to the league.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:01 AM   #4
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Not to mention Bowers is on the small side when compared to the greats or even the goods. He is good but I think the way Georgia plays and being the icing on a weak tight end class has pushed him up a lot of boards. A lot of early round tight ends just end up being regular tight ends. Most of the best are developed after getting to the league.
I just can't see an area where he's obviously better than Dalton Kincaid. That's not worth trading up for.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:24 AM   #5
Starter

I can't imagine trading up that far for BTJ. Only one truly impressive season, playing with Nabers and Daniels. I'd take him at 32, of course.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:54 AM   #6
Veteran

A top WR is apparently worth 30m per year on the free market. Travis Kelce's latest contract was 14m per.

The 16 overall pick is going to get paid about 3m per year I think. The extra cap excess value from from taking a WR (27m vs 11m) means you definitely shouldn't be trading up for Bowers. I think Bowers could fall surprisingly far.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-20-2024, 03:12 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
A top WR is apparently worth 30m per year on the free market. Travis Kelce's latest contract was 14m per.

The 16 overall pick is going to get paid about 3m per year I think. The extra cap excess value from from taking a WR (27m vs 11m) means you definitely shouldn't be trading up for Bowers. I think Bowers could fall surprisingly far.
Quality perspective.

I'd counter with I saw a stat that 64% of 1st round WRs bust. Spending what it might take to go all the way up to the mid teens for BTJ could be a big miss that CPers would be barking about for years lololol Would be interesting to compare bust stats for other positions too, especially LT.

Anyways, I personally want to move up for BTJ so I say roll the dice Veach!!!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:48 PM   #8
Veteran

If the draft actually fell like this, I would probably be happier with a small trade up for Mims or Newton
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli