Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2017, 07:06 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Clark Hunt, Brett Veach & Andy Reid press conference

Clark Hunt-10:30 AM
Brett Veach-11 AM
Andy Reid-3 PM

This should be entertaining..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #241
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf View Post
Either Clark wasn't a big Ballard fan either, or Ballard leaving ended up unmasking a number of issues and exposing certain things about Dorsey, and Hunt started taking serious notice at that point. Same thing apparently happened in Carolina where Brandon Beane was the buffer in the organization for Gettleman. Once he left for Buffalo Gettleman became exposed...
Thats a very good stab at it
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #242
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I hope we keep drafting guys with "issues" provided we do our homework on them.

To some extent, Kpassagnon is another high potential athlete pick who won't contribute much in year one that I wish we'd get away from. We already made a huge investment in "future" with Mahomes, and Dorsey continued to make picks that won't see much at all in immediate contribution.

I hope Brett Veach starts drafting with an eye for the "now" more so than later, even if he's drafting to replace guys in the future.
Agreed to a large extent.

I view 1st and 2nd round picks as "now" picks. 3rd and 4th round is an area you swing on guys that might have some off-field risks/motivational issues and start leaning towards athletes you can mold into something. 5th-7th are athletes, guys that can contribute on special teams in hopes you can make something out of them and maybe a reserve lineman here and there.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:15 PM   #243
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by penbrook View Post
Mitchell won't be asking for top money. A contract maybe a little less than why we signed Sean Smith to
They got Smith on the contract he had because they bought low.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:36 PM   #244
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I surely need to keep reading the thread, but my first impression of statements like this is... what in the blue **** are you talking about?
The coaching has been phenomenal.

22-4 in their last 26 regular season games.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:37 PM   #245
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
They got Smith on the contract he had because they bought low.
Smith was seen as a disappointment in Miami, who drafted him in the second round.

Smith's best years will have certainly been in a Chiefs uniform.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:41 PM   #246
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Smith was seen as a disappointment in Miami, who drafted him in the second round.

Smith's best years will have certainly been in a Chiefs uniform.
One of my good friends is a Dolphins fan and he said, "lol gl" when the Chiefs signed him.

He was not a good fit there and of course they complained about his dicks for hands.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:54 PM   #247
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Just watched Reid talk about the Chris Jones issue. He didn't seem to be too worried about it at all.

Also, Chris doesn't appear to be concerned either. He tweeted this just this morning --> https://twitter.com/stonecoldjones_/...68707910627328

I don't want to get ahead of anything, but I'd be shocked if this is more than a couple weeks for him.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #248
The Boom Boom Room

Andy Reid downplays drama of offseason, lauds elevation of Veach as new GM
BY TEREZ A. PAYLOR
tpaylor@kcstar.com

Chiefs coach Andy Reid is happy that Brett Veach, his former intern back in Philadelphia with the Eagles, has succeeded John Dorsey as general manager of the Chiefs.

But he said he didn’t campaign for Veach, a former underling of Dorsey’s, to chairman and CEO Clark Hunt during the interview process.

“I think (Hunt) knew what I thought about it,” Reid said Monday as rookies and quarterbacks began to report to training camp at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph. “I wasn’t in on the interview process or anything like that.”

In the current hierarchy of the Chiefs organization, instituted by Hunt after the firing of GM Scott Pioli four years ago, Hunt has Reid, Veach and president Mark Donovan on equal footing. All answer solely to Hunt.

So the firing of Dorsey last month was Hunt’s decision, just it was Hunt’s choice to install Veach as his successor.

“Clark evaluates myself, Mark and the GM position and we do answer to him,” Reid said. “This is a decision Clark made. I absolutely stand by that.”

Reid downplayed offseason drama surrounding the team — the dismissal of Dorsey, the decision to cut popular receiver Jeremy Maclin, etc. He also said issues within the personnel department, which Hunt earlier Monday said led to Dorsey’s outster, were not his concern.

“I’m not going to get into that part of it. ... That’s not my area,” Reid said.

Reid also understood the business side of parting ways with Dorsey, with whom he seemed to have a good relationship during their tenure together with the Chiefs.

“I know things are going to work out for John,” he said. “I appreciate everything he did here but I understand there’s a professional side to this.”

The head coach said Veach might have cut his teeth under him in Philly, but he expects Veach to challenge him on his thinking now that they’re on an equal plane here in Kansas City.

“Let’s bring it,” Reid said. “You’re not going to get any better if you’re sitting there comfortable.

“The best thing Brett said there (during his introductory morning news conference in KC) was if you come with an issue, come with a well-thought out answer. Think through it. ... I’m going to tell you, I’m not always right. ... Tell me what you think. That’s the only way you’re going to get better.”

Asked about Tamba Hali’s comments over the weekend, including his complaint that he only saw seven snaps during the Chiefs’ playoff loss to Pittsburgh, Reid said he plans to talk to Hali one on one, not through social media ... or the media.

“I can’t tell you he’s getting any younger,” Reid said of Hali, “but I can tell you he wants to play.

“Is a player always going to be happy about that? No, that’s not how it works.”

Reid also downplayed Hali’s comments about teammates not showing up for voluntary workouts in the offseason: “He’s like the big brother of that group.”

Reid reiterated that there’s only so much coaches can do to encourage full participation in voluntary workouts.

“It’s something that as a coach it’s out of your hands — it’s voluntary,” Reid said. “Tamba sounded like an angry coach there. He doesn’t need to go there.”
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:07 PM   #249
pie is never free

Quote:
The coaching has been phenomenal.

22-4 in their last 26 regular season games.
Thats not the point, making statements that the personnel department is lacking at its basic function is crazy... John Dorsey was a genuine revelation of my fandom

Top to bottom on both sides of the roster, this is as stocked personnel-wise as we've been since the summer before my daddy met momma

I am comfortable with our coaching as well... but lets not act like Dorseys scouting machine didnt produce incredible results

One can only hope that Veach is as focused and sharp as he sounds in the personnel department
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:09 PM   #250
Supporter

Quote:
Thats not the point, making statements that the personnel department is lacking at its basic function is crazy... John Dorsey was a genuine revelation of my fandom

Top to bottom on both sides of the roster, this is as stocked personnel-wise as we've been since the summer before my daddy met momma

I am comfortable with our coaching as well... but lets not act like Dorseys scouting machine didnt produce incredible results

One can only hope that Veach is as focused and sharp as he sounds in the personnel department
It's only "stacked" because Reid & Co coached up guys that weren't finished products.

In his presser, Veach said what I've been saying since Dorsey was fired:

It's a collaborative process.

Apparently, Dorsey went off the reservation without Ballard to check him, so Clark fired him.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:24 PM   #251
pie is never free

Quote:
It's only "stacked" because Reid & Co coached up guys that weren't finished products.

In his presser, Veach said what I've been saying since Dorsey was fired:

It's a collaborative process.

Apparently, Dorsey went off the reservation without Ballard to check him, so Clark fired him.
Every coaching staff has to shine up unfinished products, they were only stacked with great raw material because of keen scouting and ballsy drafting

Give John Dorsey his due, just do it

To the extent that Dorsey went rogue with major decisions, and jacked up the cap along the way... its not really defensible, so I wont try to defend it

I can only cross my fingers that Veach can retain the same team building philosophy, and do a better job with the cap at the same time
Old 07-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #252
Supporter

Quote:
Every coaching staff has to shine up unfinished products, they were only stacked with great raw material because of keen scouting and ballsy draftinge
The fact remains that it rarely happens for other franchises and certainly didn't happen under Marty, Gunther, Vermeil, Herm, Haley or Crennel.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #253
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay View Post
Doesn't make sense they wuldn't have given all that for Smith and an extension then draft Carr. Also why was Hunt talking about a Dorsey extension at the super bowl if thats the case?
Exactly.

NONE of this shit adds up. AT ALL.

If Reid wanted Carr, he damned well would have GOTTEN him. And that laundry list of signings "too late" ALL TIE DIRECTLY TO THE SMITH EXTENSION.
Smith was SERVED FIRST.

THIS IS BULLSHIT.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:31 PM   #254
In Search of a Life

Q: How much input did Andy have in parting ways with John Dorsey?

HUNT: “The decision was mine, but obviously I talk to Andy on a regular basis and any evaluation of the football department included Andy.”
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #255
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.