Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2024, 09:46 PM  
MVP

Couch's lazy "what I want" draft

Something like this would be really exciting, let's use our extra picks (I gave up next year's 3rds and 4th, and a 5th this year) to move around and target "our guys" to cap off a near perfect roster. Maybe we can recoup a mid round pick next year through a comp pick, IDK. What's the difference anyways if we win a 3-peat!? I've done a lot of mocks already this season so I figure I'll just post a pick from PFF's simulator.

The only thing that would really make this perfect for me is if during the real draft RB J. Wright somehow falls to us where I took Lloyd, but I like Lloyd too. One of Lloyd's negatives that I've heard mentioned a few times is that he's a speed guy who's always trying to make the big play happen, which reminds me of Pacheco so likely translates to a positive in KC. I think you could say the same about my guy Wright, but he's also a great blocker on 3rd down. I'd resign OT D. Smith also to start the season at LT but leave the door open for competition with Sua, Fosters depth and Thuney's eventual replacement at OG. Let Veach take a stab at another late round DB gem.

I'd be thrilled with results like this, Looking forward to Thur!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 2.08.14 PM.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	127397  

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-21-2024 at 11:09 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:48 PM   #2
MVP

THIS is what I meant to attach, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	draft.png
Views:	193
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	127398  
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:59 PM   #3
MVP

That’s a slam dunk draft imo
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:12 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Yea, you start with BTJ and Kingsley and it's already an A+ draft for me.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:29 PM   #5
MVP

If that's too high to take a RB for other's tastes, I like other weapons like TEs Sinnot or Whiley with that pick as well as a handful of WRs that may fall to that spot. WR Javon Baker fell to me at #94 in this simulation, and I could imagine one of WR Burton, Legette, J. Wilson, D. Walker, or M. Corley falling to that spot in the real draft. But I personally think it would be exciting to target a RB in Brooks, Benson, Wright, Corum, Lloyd or Irving fairly early.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:21 PM   #6
MVP

To clarify on the BTJ late 20's pick... that pick is only available about 1 in 5 times I run that simulator, so highly unlikely, but that's the scenario "I want" to see most live this Thur. In reality, I think it's a lot more likely that pick is Worthy. The guys at PFF don't like BTJ much and are always comping him to MVS and indicating they wouldn't take him too high in the first on their youtube content. Before the combine I recall some folks questioning his route tree, but his 40 time has dampened that talk some. The NFL teams always seem to view the players a bit differently than the general public so there's maybe a shot that they share the same sentiment as PFF around BTJ not being the most complete WR and he falls within range of a reasonably priced trade up. I personally would be willing to move next year's 2nd + a later round pick to move up to get to get him higher than he was taken in this online simulator, if possible.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-22-2024 at 11:33 AM..
Old 04-22-2024, 07:30 AM   #7
MVP

I'd be all about it. I don't think the first two picks are probable at those spots, but if they were it'd be a homerun.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:42 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I'd be all about it. I don't think the first two picks are probable at those spots, but if they were it'd be a homerun.
Couch's "praying for max potential and ROI" draft lol
Old 04-22-2024, 07:57 AM   #9
Most Valuable Villain

I’m a fan of Lloyd, so those first three picks would be an A+.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2024, 11:06 AM   #10
MVP

Not that I don't love Pachecco, but I feel like there's a tendency to overvalue his contributions because he was a 7th round Veach gem. He's a fast one cut back and great fit for us, but he doesn't bring much on 3rd down for passing or blocking, and he's not really a home-run hitter either. Ultimately, he's prob considered a mid-ranked starting RB in the league. I see that he was ranked #27 of #32 before the 2023 season, and #17 of #72 afterwards. I saw Pat talk about how much he's learned to harness the run game to set up his passing attack since he's become a pro and I assume since Pachecco's joined the team. So say we gave him an undeniably top quality back like Gibbs last year or Brooks this year, someone with at least top 25% RB in the league consideration, we could give Mahomes more opportunities to shine by balancing the offense. Hell, we already use the TE more than any other team in the league so upgrading our run game would be like the 3rd dimension of our unstoppable offense lol. This isn't to say that I think Lloyd would necessarily be that guy for us, but I wonder if Veach wouldn't get tempted to take a shot at an early RB again like he did with CEH previously and was rumored to have interest in Gibbs last year. Growing up KC always had one of the leagues best RBs, it was kind of what we were known for and would be fun to have again.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-22-2024 at 11:34 AM..
Old 04-22-2024, 11:40 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Not that I don't love Pachecco, but I feel like there's a tendency to overvalue his contributions because he was a 7th round Veach gem. He's a fast one cut back and great fit for us, but he doesn't bring much on 3rd down for passing or blocking, and he's not really a home-run hitter either. Ultimately, he's prob considered a mid-ranked starting RB in the league. I see that he was ranked #27 of #32 before the 2023 season, and #17 of #72 afterwards. I saw Pat talk about how much he's learned to harness the run game to set up his passing attack since he's become a pro and I assume since Pachecco's joined the team. So say we gave him an undeniably top quality back like Gibbs last year or Brooks this year, someone with at least top 25% RB in the league consideration, we could give Mahomes more opportunities to shine by balancing the offense. Hell, we already use the TE more than any other team in the league so upgrading our run game would be like the 3rd dimension of our unstoppable offense lol. This isn't to say that I think Lloyd would necessarily be that guy for us, but I wonder if Veach wouldn't get tempted to take a shot at an early RB again like he did with CEH previously and was rumored to have interest in Gibbs last year. Growing up KC always had one of the leagues best RBs, it was kind of what we were known for and would be fun to have again.
Agree his value and cost keep people happy. It would be nice to add a younger Mckinnon type. And I worry about his longevity with his running style.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:51 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Agree his value and cost keep people happy. It would be nice to add a younger Mckinnon type. And I worry about his longevity with his running style.
Got to start thinking about the next round of contracts to some degree also. Thuney, Creed, Smith, and Bolton, plus Pachecco will all be up. I'd have to guess Thuney retires, Creed, Smith, and Bolton are probably prioritized over Pachecco. But then again, RB is an affordable position so his low contract value might work in his favor. Not at all that I want to see him go either, I've just always felt he'd be a better lighting strike for big chunk plays RB #2 next to a dynamic Alvin Kamara-type, or balanced lead back like Saquan Barkley.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:55 PM   #13
MVP

I love Pacheco but I don't see him as a second contract guy on a roster like this.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:09 PM   #14
MVP

PFF prefers the same strategy with a trade back and I'd probably love this draft just as much as the above.

I'm not sure that's Veach's style tho, has he ever traded back?

I'll let the two mocks serve as "Couch's final lazy what I want range of similar picks."
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	draft 2.png
Views:	39
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	127402  

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 04-22-2024 at 09:17 PM..
Old 04-22-2024, 08:25 PM   #15
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Got to start thinking about the next round of contracts to some degree also. Thuney, Creed, Smith, and Bolton, plus Pachecco will all be up. I'd have to guess Thuney retires, Creed, Smith, and Bolton are probably prioritized over Pachecco. But then again, RB is an affordable position so his low contract value might work in his favor. Not at all that I want to see him go either, I've just always felt he'd be a better lighting strike for big chunk plays RB #2 next to a dynamic Alvin Kamara-type, or balanced lead back like Saquan Barkley.
If the Chiefs can win the Super Bowl this year, Thuney will tie the record for most SB wins by a player other than a QB and 2 away from the record for most SB wins by any player. That might be a powerful incentive.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.