Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2018, 02:30 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

**Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread**

A new era is born!

Mods please feel free to update this OP. Someone please put the twitter scroll in this post as well.'

Last edited by DaFace; 07-23-2018 at 09:07 AM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:26 PM   #766
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
His hits were big but they were also shortcuts in many ways. Look at Peters. Only got 3 years out of him.
3 years of Pro-Bowl/All-Pro out of him (plus a 2nd and 4th round picks).

Do people even know that this is better return than your average mid 1st round pick?

You'd rather have had Devante Parker, Melvin Gordon, Kevin Johnson or Arik Armstead, all guys drafted right in front of Peters? Or Cameron Erving, Agholor or Ogbuehi drafted right after..
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:31 PM   #767
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
This is exactly why I liked this years draft. All players were from big schools and had extensive experience playing positions similar to what they are now playing with us and they are ready to go day 1.

The first 2 rds for sure need to be players with decent floors. Unless it’s a QB, get the raw, small school high ceiling guys in the mid rds.
The problem with just doing that though is you miss out on high ceiling guys
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:31 PM   #768
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post
3 years of Pro-Bowl/All-Pro out of him (plus a 2nd and 4th round picks).

Do people even know that this is better return than your average mid 1st round pick?

You'd rather have had Devante Parker, Melvin Gordon, Kevin Johnson or Arik Armstead, all guys drafted right in front of Peters? Or Cameron Erving, Agholor or Ogbuehi drafted right after..
Peters also has a negative influence on the physicality and attitude of the defense, one could argue. So was it really worth it?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:34 PM   #769
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Was he though? I mean, yeah he definitely had some hits. But is it really that much more than the average?
In five years of drafting (not having 2nd round picks for his first two years):

- He made the right choice between Fisher and Joeckel
- Kelce a top 3 TE in the 3rd round
- Hill a borderline top 10 WR in the 5th round
- LDT a solid guard in the 6th round
- Fulton a decent guard who has just cashed in 4 y/28M in the 6th round
- Chris Jones a top young DL in the 2nd round
- Peters is Peters
- Conley/Robinson as solid WR picks for 3rd and 4th round picks
- Nelson a decent late 3rd round pick started at CB
- Mahomes
- Hunt
- Kpassagnon (remains to be seen but I have a feeling he will be good)

Just name me one team which has drafted better in the last few years. I will wait.

For some reason, a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the draft.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:39 PM   #770
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
The Chiefs have been putting Chris Jones in a stand-up role in a few different packages this training camp. Justin Houston, the vet, already IS playing at every position, both on and off the line. Speaks is a rookie, and we're mostly working on finding him a home at OLB, but he's a former DT, and you can bet we're going to eventually move him around all different spots in the front 7.

Our safeties don't really have defined roles. Fuller and Nelson are both going to be used to defend outside and in the slot.

It's pretty clear that the Chiefs value players who do all kinds of things in all kinds of different formations in order to confuse offenses and mask their intentions when they line up. We've always done that since Sutton got here, but with a pick like Kpassagnon, I can at the very least respect that they don't believe in necessarily taking the player who will play the best in a particular defined position.

If they think an important future trend of defense in the NFL is having do-it-all players like Kpassagnon with the physical gifts to be disruptive no matter where they are, then I will be more than willing to chalk up my distrust of picking guys that high to my lack of understanding as a mere fan and not being able to think about things outside the box.
The long-term trend seems to be that positions are going away. Lineman move all over, linebackers are hybrid edge rushers, and safeties even seem to be diverging from the classic SS/FS model. Cornerbacks are the only position that seem to be pure relative to how they were defined 25 years ago.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:39 PM   #771
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Peters also has a negative influence on the physicality and attitude of the defense, one could argue. So was it really worth it?
Lol his stats speak for themselves. His All-pro honours speak for themselves.

It's as if you would tell me a 1200 yard and 10 TD receiver is a nuisance to the team.

I have no doubt that Veach and Reid had concerns as for Peters down the road, as he is approaching payday, and he will always be a risky player in terms of attitude and behaviour, but no one should question the fact that Peters was a great player for this team.

And I will say this about Peters. Sure he had attitude problems and maybe rubbed the wrong way his teammates sometimes but the guy was really competitive, had short memory and wouldn't put up with defeat. I respect that.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #772
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Lol his stats speak for themselves. His All-pro honours speak for themselves.

It's as if you would tell me a 1200 yard and 10 TD receiver is a nuisance to the team.

I have no doubt that Veach and Reid had concerns as for Peters down the road, as he is approaching payday, and he will always be a risky player in terms of attitude and behaviour, but no one should question the fact that Peters was a great player for this team.
uhh.....

Terrell Owens?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #773
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:

- Peters is Peters
- Mahomes
- Hunt

Just name me one team which has drafted better in the last few years. I will wait.

For some reason, a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the draft.
This.

The Dorsey hate is idiotic. He was absolutely LOVED here until he was fired. Upon his firing, people were pissed.

Then, after weeks of debate, people convinced themselves that Dorsey was junk and that Veach was THE MAN.

Veach's first draft, on paper, is underwhelming as hell yet he gets the genius treatment because homerism.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:46 PM   #774
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:

- Peters is Peters
- Mahomes
- Hunt

I did an analysis in 2017 of this. See Post 73 of this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...hlight=Packers. Using a neutral third-party data source, it showed that the Chiefs were the best team in the NFL on draft success during the Dorsey era.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #775
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I have no problem with the Perters pick - the trade, that's a different story.

Not saying I wouldn't have done it and we are getting 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder for him, which isn't nothing. The heartburn I get from the trade of peter is that our defense with Fuller and Perters could have been something else. Oh well.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:48 PM   #776

Quote:
And I will say this about Peters. Sure he had attitude problems and maybe rubbed the wrong way his teammates sometimes but the guy was really competitive, had short memory and wouldn't put up with defeat. I respect that.
This too.

Trying to pretend that our issues in run support, or the D's lack of agression were Peters' fault is just ignant. If 10 other guys played like shit because Peters gave a poor tackling effort once in awhile (this shit is waaaaay overblown) then honestly, they have no business on an NFL roster.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:49 PM   #777
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
This.

Veach's first draft, on paper, is underwhelming as hell yet he gets the genius treatment because of Patrick Mahomes.
FYP
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:50 PM   #778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I did an analysis in 2017 of this. See Post 73 of this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...hlight=Packers. Using a neutral third-party data source, it showed that the Chiefs were the best team in the NFL on draft success during the Dorsey era.
You don't even need analysis for that. Anyone with half a brain can recognize this.

This is simply "Ex-GF" syndrome, in which your hot ex GF leaves you and you spend all your time rationalizing why she was wrong for you, and why your rebound bitch, ugly-fat Betty is the best thing for you now.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:51 PM   #779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
FYP
Yet Dorsey somehow doesn't get credit even though he was drafted under Dorsey?

See, that's that moronic shit i'm talking about.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:51 PM   #780
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
This too.

Trying to pretend that our issues in run support, or the D's lack of agression were Peters' fault is just ignant. If 10 other guys played like shit because Peters gave a poor tackling effort once in awhile (this shit is waaaaay overblown) then honestly, they have no business on an NFL roster.
As Chuck Noll once said, "If I have to motivate you, I'm going to fire you."