Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-27-2024, 12:24 AM  
MVP

Mock 2/27/24 - Back to reality

Extensions
OC Creed Humphrey 5y/67.5m w/8.75m SB Cap hits: 3.5/9.5/12.5/13.5/14.5/15.8 (+1.75) - One of the top 3 centers in the game right now, I think he's worth retaining but he has to clean up his snaps.
SS Justin Reid 3y/42.25m w/14.0m SB + convert 7.0m '24 salary to '25 OB 24.0m GAS. Cap hits: 10.8/13.6/15.6/16.6 (-3.50) - Reid is one of the pilots of the Chiefs defense with Bolton, you have to keep one and I'm choosing Reid.
PK Harrison Butker 5y/32.5m w/6.0m SB + 7.5m OB in '25, + convert 2.48m of '24 salary to SB Cap hits: 3.8/4.6/6.8/7.5/7.5/6.8 (-0.84) - Butkicker is in the final year of his deal and extending him can gain you a little cap.

Releases
WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling (-12.0) - No sense in keeping MVS around for any reason. He's just not reliable enough throughout a season.
DE Charles Omenihu (-7.22) - With Omenihu, it's take a pay cut on an injury year with a lucrative extension, or be cut. I have him cut, you can have him how you want him.

Trades
Chiefs trade WR Kadarius Toney to TEN for a conditional 2025 7th round pick (-2.53) - Toney punched his ticket into Reid's doghouse for sure and I think he's out one way or another.
Chiefs trade CB L'Jarius Sneed off of the Franchise Tag along with 1-32 to the Philadelphia Eagles for 1-22 and 2-50.

Restructures
QB Patrick Mahomes converts 35.9m roster bonus to signing bonus (-27.47)

FA Re-Signings
DT Chris Jones 3y/84.1m w/20.0m SB + 2.0m/y in LTBE incentives to create 3/90.1m contract Cap Hits: 22.8/27.8/30.7/4.8/4.0
LT Donovan Smith 1y/10.0m w/3.0m SB + 2m in UTBE incentives
LS James Winchester 3y/4.6m w/800k SB Cap Hits: 1.5/1.5/1.6
LB Drue Tranquill 2y/9.0m w/3.0m SB Cap Hits: 3.3/5.7
WR Mecole Hardman 3y/15.0m w/5.1m SB Cap Hits: 3.5/5.5/6.0
DE Malik Herring ERFA Tender
DB Nazeeh Johnson ERFA Tender
LB Jack Cochrane ERFA Tender
OG Mike Caliendo ERFA Tender
LB Cole Christiansen ERFA Tender

FA Acquisitions
WR Darnell Mooney (CHI) - 3y/28.5m w/6.75m SB Cap Hits: 5.0/10.0/13.5 - Electric Z/S WR that has put up 1k in this offense
QB Carson Wentz (LAR) - 1y/1.3m - Just a better backup QB than Gabbert
RB Antonio Gibson (WAS) - 2y/5.0m - A nice receiving back with rotational value as a runner
DT Jordan Elliott (CLE) 1y/2.0m - Flashes of strong potential and former Mizzou El Tigre
DE Yetur Gross-Matos (CAR) 1y/2.56m - Flashes solid play, bigger end that could start but might be best in a good rotation

Let Walk
QB Blaine Gabbert, S Mike Edwards, RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, DT Tershawn Wharton, LB Willie Gay Jr, RB Jerick McKinnon, TE Blake Bell, WR Richie James, DT Matt Dickerson, TE Jody Fortson, DE Mike Danna

The Draft
1-022: WR Troy Franklin, Oregon (6'3" 180) - Alpha WR
2-050: DT Kris Jenkins, Jr, Michigan (6'3" 299)
2-064: OT Kiran Omegadjie, Yale (6'5" 318)
3-095: TE Theo Johnson, Penn State (6'6" 256)
4-133: CB Andru Phillips, Kentucky (5'11" 190)
5-158: LB Nathaniel Watson, Mississippi State (6'2" 245)
5-172: RB Kendall Milton, Georgia (6'1" 220)
7-250: SS Daijahn Anthony, Mississippi (6'0" 195)

The Roster
QB: P. Mahomes, C. Wentz
RB: I. Pacheco, A. Gibson, K. Milton
WR: R. Rice, T. Franklin, D. Mooney, M. Hardman, J. Watson, S. Moore
TE: T. Kelce, N. Gray, T. Johnson
LT: D. Smith, K. Omegadjie
LG: J. Thuney, W. Morris
OC: C. Humphrey, M. Caliendo
RG: T. Smith
RT: J. Taylor, L. Niang
DE: G. Karlaftis, M. Herring
DT: C. Jones, K. Jenkins
NT: I. Buggs, J. Elliott, N. Ferrell
DE: F. Anudike-Uzomah, Y. Gross-Matos, B. Thompson
LB: N. Bolton, D. Tranquill, L. Chenal, N. Watson, C. Jones
CB: T. McDuffie, J. Williams, J. Watson, A. Phillips, N. Jones
DB: J. Reid, B. Cook, C. Conner, N. Johnson, D. Anthony
ST: H. Butker, M. Araiza, J. Winchester

Last edited by kccrow; 03-02-2024 at 01:57 AM..
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:24 AM   #16
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Deneric Prince is a poverty Pacheco and not any sort of McKinnon replacement.

Oh, and he was friggen awful.

I personally wouldn't have bothered to keep Prince on the practice squad. He didn't show anything at all back there.
Well he was an UDRFA last year. Let’s see how’s he has progressed. There was buzz in training camp last. So there is something to work with
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-27-2024, 11:02 AM   #17
Veteran

Quote:
If my memory serves, they paid Buggs more than the futures minimum to retain him. It does kinda suggest they might have a plan for him. And they played Farrell in the SB at least over Dickerson (they didn't do that against Buffalo so they quickly pivoted after that debacle).

And he played quite well.

I think they have a nice little NT rotation they could build from those two. You won't get a ton, but you don't need a ton from NT in this system. They're just there to take up space and both guys can do that.
I'll be surprised if we don't bring in another 300-pounder, either through the draft or free agency. I see Buggs battling with Farrell for the backup/rotational spot through camp. Those guys don't grow on trees, so having depth there is just a smart move.

McKinnley Jackson is a nice pick here, I think.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:09 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palangi View Post
Don’t forget they were high on Deneric Prince last offseason. I’d like to see him as the McKinnon replacement. He has really good hands and can run routes. Hopefully he’s learn to block like McKinnon. But he has game changing speed.

And they seem to be interested in Keontay Ingram as a power back.
I'm not sure "they" were as high on Prince as we were. You're correct that he was a UDFA and he played like one. I'm not sure that he showed enough ability to build on in order to get himself a genuine roster spot. WTF do I know though.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:11 AM   #19
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palangi View Post
Well he was an UDRFA last year. Let’s see how’s he has progressed. There was buzz in training camp last. So there is something to work with
I have no opposition to him challenging Perine for the RB3 spot on the team.

I don't see any reason to consider him as more than a camp body in that regard, though.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
I'll be surprised if we don't bring in another 300-pounder, either through the draft or free agency. I see Buggs battling with Farrell for the backup/rotational spot through camp. Those guys don't grow on trees, so having depth there is just a smart move.

McKinnley Jackson is a nice pick here, I think.
It's still very strange to me they never found a use for Coburn.

Having to use even a 3rd day pick to grab a guy who I don't think is going to be the caliber of player that Coburn can be is just frustrating.

That was a mismanaged asset, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 11:22 AM   #21
Veteran

Quote:

Having to use even a 3rd day pick to grab a guy who I don't think is going to be the caliber of player that Coburn can be is just frustrating.

That, and we gave a sixth round pick for Neil Farrell last year only to play Mike Pennel over Farrell when Nnadi went down.

I don't think we've found our guy at NT yet.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:44 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
If I'm putting money on it, we're bringing Smith back and drafting a high-upside LTotF like you've done here. Protecting Mahomes is priority one.

If the board falls right, we could see an LT in Round 1 then a trade-up for Worthy in Round 2.
Lets wager on Smith - i think they let him walk. Dunno why everyone seems down on Wanya - he was fully capable in that 6 game stretch at the end of the year taking all the snaps at LT
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:57 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
Lets wager on Smith - i think they let him walk. Dunno why everyone seems down on Wanya - he was fully capable in that 6 game stretch at the end of the year taking all the snaps at LT
I know it's only one game and a game where evidently everyone was a bit scattered.

But his effort against the Raiders was as bad as anything I've ever seen from an OL. Worse than anything even Jah Reid ever put on tape. It was horrifying.

Take that game out of the equation and I'm somewhat confident in at least giving him a shot.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:57 AM   #24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
Did you miss the Raiders game on Christmas day? Morris gave up 10 pressures. That is the stuff of nightmares.

He followed up that game by allowing a very clean strip sack and fumble recovery against the Bengals.

He is our swing tackle in my mind.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:23 PM   #25
MVP

Quote:
Did you miss the Raiders game on Christmas day? Morris gave up 10 pressures. That is the stuff of nightmares.

He followed up that game by allowing a very clean strip sack and fumble recovery against the Bengals.

He is our swing tackle in my mind.
growing pains - Smith is too injury prone. He missed 5 1/2 games with a neck stinger he has played one full season in the last 5 (with Tampa in 21) and he is on the wrong side of 30 for a physically demanding position. At the very least bring in cheaper competition for Morris to fight for the job with.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:25 PM   #26
Hockey Town

LT is one of the spots that is extremely iffy, it's basically trade up for a LT, start Wanya Morris...bring back Donovan or sign Tyron Smith and pray he can play 13 games and in the playoffs.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:30 PM   #27
MVP

I disagree largely on any thought that we're fine at NT. I think Buggs could be a player there, and he should be a factor, but we rotate our NTs about 50/50 and, IIRC, they see around 40-45% of snaps each. So, you need 2 guys there. The remaining percentage are pass rushers kicking inside on passing downs.

Buggs though, has 1 year starting in his 5 seasons in the league. Farrell hasn't shown me anything that suggests he's 1b at the position. I think he's a retainable piece you continue to develop, but I think we need a guy who can play some serious snaps.

As for another 3-tech, I desperately wanted to add a 2nd DT in the draft. Maybe I would if I took DJ's take to the bank and traded Sneed.

Now, I can see a path where DJ's take has merit in that you can let it ride on Hardman, Smith, and Tranquill and just tag Sneed and find a partner. If you lose any of those 3 in the process then you're not out so much you can't make it up with another option. The only issue is there aren't many options outside of Smith at LT and if you do lose him that "other option" just might need to be a higher draft pick. I'd like to avoid that scenario. I don't think you let Chris Jones start chasing deals in FA, you have to lock him up ASAP. There are teams flush with cash that will give him more than KC can.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:32 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I disagree. Someone will give a conditional 7 for a punt returner in Toney.
This is my thought. He doesn't have alot of value but someone might snap him up who is flush with cash for basically nothing and use him as a returner and see if they can milk anything out of him as a WR. If it's a conditional 7th, they have nothing to lose but some cash.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:23 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
This is my thought. He doesn't have alot of value but someone might snap him up who is flush with cash for basically nothing and use him as a returner and see if they can milk anything out of him as a WR. If it's a conditional 7th, they have nothing to lose but some cash.
Except that KC is kinda like the last hope for troubled players - if Andy can't contain/make good use of them....
Old 02-27-2024, 04:26 PM   #30
Veteran

Quote:

I've whinged about this enough but yeah. He's been solid in Tennessee by all accounts and we had absolutely d$ck at the position. Really not aure how Nnadi and Dickerson were ever seen as more viable options. Bizarre
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.