Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-25-2023, 01:41 PM  
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

2024 Tight End class

I don't have anything remarkable to talk about here but I wanted to talk about this guy and didn't see a TE thread.

Cade Stover, TE for Ohio State. I'm really impressed by him. I think I'd be willing to trade up in the 3rd or maybe even take him in the 2nd depending on how he tests.

He's just a really polished catcher, he's very physical. He's a little shorter than I like in a TE especially if he measures more like 6'2'' than the 6'4'' he's listed at. In either event, I think he's the guy I'm zoning in on in this draft since Bowers is a pipe dream.

Anybody have a guy out there they're particularly interested in that may be within range? If so, who and what round?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2024, 06:38 PM   #31
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hark Clunt View Post
i like this dude, considering we'll probably miss out on bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59UkelSvWSM
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:52 PM   #32
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
If we're looking for a late round TE/FB hybrid ala Kyle Juszczyk, the homer in me would like to see us take Ben Sinnott from K-State.

He helped spring Deuce loose a handful of times last year, as well as some key blocks this year so far. And he's had some pretty clutch catches in the passing game as well.

I just don't see the appeal with this guy. Solid player? Sure. Doesn't exactly jump off the screen seems like a solid mid round pick but there are several prospects is place ahead of him
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2024, 08:24 AM   #33
MVP

Let's just sign Hunter Henry if Jones walks?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-20-2024, 08:35 AM   #34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Let's just sign Hunter Henry if Jones walks?
I like Schultz better than Henry, but he is going to be more expensive I think.

Cheaper is probably better, one of Hooper, Fant or Irv Smith would also be a good move I think and then try and draft the TE of the future in the mid to late rounds and carry 4 TE for the season.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-20-2024, 12:22 PM   #35
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Man, I think if you can get Luke Lachey in the 3rd, that's a tremendous coup and something to really think about.
Lachey is staying at Iowa for the 24 season. Erick All has declared for the draft, basically Moeaki clone. Very athletic, hurt all the time. Might be a late round lottery type pick or free agent if not drafted. He has shown some serious potential when not busted.
SurroundedByMorons has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 12:51 PM   #36
Baba Ganoush

Does anybody know how deep the TE class will be?

Is there like a huge drop off somewhere?
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:19 PM   #37
MVP

Theo Johnson interview with Adam Breneman.

Another TE with TV aspirations?

Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:50 PM   #38
MVP

What's up with this kid Austin Stogner? Apparently he was really great until an injury, hasn't fully recovered yet and will drop to later rounds bc of that.

NFL DraftBuzz Scouting Report has this to say about him, amongst other positives:

"We have him graded as one (for his career) of the best mid-level route receivers in college football"
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:15 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Does anybody know how deep the TE class will be?

Is there like a huge drop off somewhere?
It's not deep, at all. Two guys that may very well go in round 1 followed by a few guys that are, more or less, 3rd to 4th rounders only really because of the lack of depth. Then you have a few that maybe are 5th rounders, then a whole shitload of 7th/UDFA guys.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:20 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
What's up with this kid Austin Stogner? Apparently he was really great until an injury, hasn't fully recovered yet and will drop to later rounds bc of that.

NFL DraftBuzz Scouting Report has this to say about him, amongst other positives:

"We have him graded as one (for his career) of the best mid-level route receivers in college football"
Did he have an injury at the end of the year? I don't remember one. The only thing I know of is that infection he had like 3 or 4 years ago but he's well past that.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:19 PM   #41
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Did he have an injury at the end of the year? I don't remember one. The only thing I know of is that infection he had like 3 or 4 years ago but he's well past that.
"Stogner was on the trajectory to become a first-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft until an injury almost destroyed his playing career. He's never even looked close to the player he was before and teams will look at him with a massive question mark. He'll be tested heavily at the combine and will need to demonstrate the speed and athleticism he showcased prior to the injury or risks being a late-round selection.

If he can convince NFL teams that a) the knee is fully healed and b) 2021 was just a disappointing fluke - he could sneak into the late second round. It's a big if though."
Old 01-26-2024, 09:13 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
"Stogner was on the trajectory to become a first-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft until an injury almost destroyed his playing career. He's never even looked close to the player he was before and teams will look at him with a massive question mark. He'll be tested heavily at the combine and will need to demonstrate the speed and athleticism he showcased prior to the injury or risks being a late-round selection.

If he can convince NFL teams that a) the knee is fully healed and b) 2021 was just a disappointing fluke - he could sneak into the late second round. It's a big if though."
I don't remember him ever having a knee injury. He had a deep thigh bruise in 2020 that he ended up getting an infection in and it did almost end his career. I don't see it as an issue at this point though.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:25 PM   #43
MVP

I really like Honker! Guys got great hands in traffic.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:57 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
It's not deep, at all. Two guys that may very well go in round 1 followed by a few guys that are, more or less, 3rd to 4th rounders only really because of the lack of depth. Then you have a few that maybe are 5th rounders, then a whole shitload of 7th/UDFA guys.
Yeah, this isn't a good TE class.

Bowers and Sanders are possible 1st rounders. Then a big drop down to probably Stover and Bell in the 3rd/4th (maybe just Stover).

Then another drop to Holker, Johnson, Sinnot as 4th/5th round guys.

After that you may just be looking at a pile of priority UDFAs.

If we could get an asset at WR and DT in the 1st and 2nd round, I'd be fairly content with Stover in the 3rd. But Stover's probably the 5th or 6th best TE in a good TE class and I think he's the clear 3rd best in this class. It's one of more forgettable TE classes in awhile.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:00 AM   #45

Quote:

I'd probably rather spin the wheel on Trey Knox and hope he can learn to be more of an athletic TE than a large WR (which was mostly how he was used in college).

But guys like Knox come out every year and most of them pretty much suck.