Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2024, 09:24 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-25-2024 at 10:29 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:11 PM   #1186
MVP

Brown had a heel injury.

Having had a long-term heel injury myself, it suuuuuuuuucks

It can feel like you'll never be the same. Then one day...poof. You're fine again. One of the weirder lower leg injuries you can have to be honest. I think he'll be significantly better than last year not even counting the gigantic jump forward from Kyler Murray to Mahomes.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 05:43 PM   #1187
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrick View Post
So Sneed couldn't press this kid and bump him off his route like he did against Tyreek? He hasn't played in a NFL game, yet talking about an NFL caliber CB that can quite possibly press him is silly? As I was watching most of Worthy's college games the CBs played off of him which showed respect for his speed. I'm sure more physical CBs in the NFL will take a different approach. We already know he isn't very good at contested catches, I'm curious to see how he does against a little bump and run is all, which still is a concern this early in the rooks career.

While I agree that there's still a large question as to whether Worthy will be able to just run by NFL DBs, it's also true that there just aren't that many Sneed types in the league currently. True 1v1 press corners are kind of rare right now in the NFL. Most teams are running way more zone than man coverages these days simply because they all lack that true 'island' CB1.

We'll see how many defenses try to run press vs. Worthy pretty quickly, I think. And then we'll see how Worthy deals with it. Or, we'll see most teams just not even try it because they aren't built that way.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:50 PM   #1188
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
While I agree that there's still a large question as to whether Worthy will be able to just run by NFL DBs, it's also true that there just aren't that many Sneed types in the league currently. True 1v1 press corners are kind of rare right now in the NFL. Most teams are running way more zone than man coverages these days simply because they all lack that true 'island' CB1.

We'll see how many defenses try to run press vs. Worthy pretty quickly, I think. And then we'll see how Worthy deals with it. Or, we'll see most teams just not even try it because they aren't built that way.
With both Worthy and Brown, I doubt we'll see much press man. That's a good way to lose by four scores.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:57 PM   #1189
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
With both Worthy and Brown, I doubt we'll see much press man. That's a good way to lose by four scores.

Yeah, and I'm sure that's the plan. Of course, we don't really know just how good Hollywood is really going to be (will he be that 1,000 yard guy from his sophomore year? Or the guy that's been kind of average the last few years?), but I feel like he should be closer to that 1,000 yard guy in 2024 with Andy and Pat than the 500 yard guy he was last season with ARI and Kyler.

But if I'm being completely honest, whether he's closer to 500 yards than 1000 yards, he's still going to be a massive upgrade over pretty much every WR we fielded last season, so regardless of his actual final numbers I think Hollywood is certain to have a good season in 2024.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:57 PM   #1190
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Never happen with Reid bro
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:33 PM   #1191
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
If they want to play press man, Reid would have to pull Mahomes or yeah, we'll hang 40 every week.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:35 PM   #1192
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah, and I'm sure that's the plan. Of course, we don't really know just how good Hollywood is really going to be (will he be that 1,000 yard guy from his sophomore year? Or the guy that's been kind of average the last few years?), but I feel like he should be closer to that 1,000 yard guy in 2024 with Andy and Pat than the 500 yard guy he was last season with ARI and Kyler.

But if I'm being completely honest, whether he's closer to 500 yards than 1000 yards, he's still going to be a massive upgrade over pretty much every WR we fielded last season, so regardless of his actual final numbers I think Hollywood is certain to have a good season in 2024.
He barely played with Kyler in Arizona, but when he did, the production was very good.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:38 PM   #1193
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
He barely played with Kyler in Arizona, but when he did, the production was very good.
Yeah. If he's healthy, he's going to be more like 800 yards. If Rice misses half the season, it will be 1000.
Old Today, 06:39 PM   #1194
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post

That's another good point. Worthy will probably spell Hollywood mostly in the beginning, so they won't be on the field together much, if at all.

Though, I think a bigger part of it will just be that Andy likes to bring rooks on slowly. So probably for the first 3-4 weeks Worthy will have the usual sub-package of about 10-15 plays that he'll work on mastering while seeing 3-5 targets/gm. Then if he absorbs that quickly, another 10-15, maybe as many as 20 over the next few weeks and a couple extra touches.

And so on, assuming Worthy absorbs his packages of plays at a good rate. So it might be well into the third quarter of the season before we see Worthy getting say 7-10 targets/gm on any kind of regular basis. Kind of a similar trend line to Rice last season.
Old Today, 06:44 PM   #1195
MVP

Quote:
That's another good point. Worthy will probably spell Hollywood mostly in the beginning, so they won't be on the field together much, if at all.

Though, I think a bigger part of it will just be that Andy likes to bring rooks on slowly. So probably for the first 3-4 weeks Worthy will have the usual sub-package of about 10-15 plays that he'll work on mastering while seeing 3-5 targets/gm. Then if he absorbs that quickly, another 10-15, maybe as many as 20 over the next few weeks and a couple extra touches.

And so on, assuming Worthy absorbs his packages of plays at a good rate. So it might be well into the third quarter of the season before we see Worthy getting say 7-10 targets/gm on any kind of regular basis. Kind of a similar trend line to Rice last season.
Depends on Worthy, and Rice's suspension, in my opinion.
Old Today, 06:45 PM   #1196
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Well yeah, that's true, Kyler didn't get back on the field until, idk, mid-season? My point really was that since his 2nd season, Brown hasn't really taken off the way a lot of people assumed he would. He kind of got stuck in 2nd gear, so to say.

My theory has always been that his QB play determined his production more than any mistakes he made each season. Though he wasn't perfect by any means. But it's still a question of 'is he really good but had bad QB play?' or is he really just another burner with JAG WR skills? which is why he was available and why we got him for almost nothing.

We'll find out in a few months.
Old Today, 06:46 PM   #1197
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Depends on Worthy, and Rice's suspension, in my opinion.

Ack. I keep forgetting about Rice's impending suspension. Keep thinking he'll be out there Week 1. My bad.
Old Today, 06:48 PM   #1198
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Well yeah, that's true, Kyler didn't get back on the field until, idk, mid-season? My point really was that since his 2nd season, Brown hasn't really taken off the way a lot of people assumed he would. He kind of got stuck in 2nd gear, so to say.

My theory has always been that his QB play determined his production more than any mistakes he made each season. Though he wasn't perfect by any means. But it's still a question of 'is he really good but had bad QB play?' or is he really just another burner with JAG WR skills? which is why he was available and why we got him for almost nothing.

We'll find out in a few months.
In 2 seasons they played 13 games together. Hollywood had just under 700 yards (699) in those 13 games. His last time having a legitimate starting QB was his last season in Baltimore when he had 1,000+ yards.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:11 PM   #1199
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
In 2 seasons they played 13 games together. Hollywood had just under 700 yards (699) in those 13 games. His last time having a legitimate starting QB was his last season in Baltimore when he had 1,000+ yards.

Like I said, I think he's going to be fine. But he is a smaller WR, and we've seen smaller WRs get bullied at the LoS and basically canceled, Sneed being the most obvious example. But there are a few others than can press small WRs in the league, just not a lot of them. Shit, Chavarius Ward canceled DK Metkalf twice in 12 months, and DK is a beast.

But I can't deny that being so wrong about both KT and Skyy has me a little snakebit either. I'm going to be a little (a lot?) more cautious with my projections about new WRs for a little while.