Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-17-2017, 08:24 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***

It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 04-02-2018 at 06:46 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
Sweeney is so insanely underrated. Hitting 333 with 144 RBI’s in a season, or batting 340 in a season to just barely miss the batting title, or his breakout 1999 season.

Give me Sweeney’s 4 year stretch from 1999-2002 over Cain’s.
I'd rank Beltran ahead of both Sweeney and Cain, but Sweeney was a hitting machine. Fans hate him though because he got hurt all the time. He was a great, great hitter though.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #992
Be Kind To Your Pets

The Royals paid Sweeney $55 million from 2003 to 2007 to produce as a number three hitter. The team lost at least 90 games four of those five years, and more than 100 games for three of them. Sweeney failed to play in more than half of the team's games in the last two years of his contract. I don't blame Sweeney so much as I blame Allard Baird for giving him that kind of money, and letting Beltran walk. Sweeney was KC's all star five times, because they have to take a guy from each team. A couple years he deserved it, but not all five. He had one post season AB in his career, and that was with the Phillies. Cain was an ALCS MVP. No comparison between the value of these two player. Cain was a much more productive player.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:49 PM   #993
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Nice work taking a dump in the thread? Or... channeling PB, maybe?
He's always done that. Not in billabia kind of way though. I'm pretty sure he was just kidding around and folks got their hackles raised.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 01-28-2018, 01:56 PM   #994
Just here for the Royals

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
The Royals paid Sweeney $55 million from 2003 to 2007 to produce as a number three hitter. The team lost at least 90 games four of those five years, and more than 100 games for three of them. Sweeney failed to play in more than half of the team's games in the last two years of his contract. I don't blame Sweeney so much as I blame Allard Baird for giving him that kind of money, and letting Beltran walk. Sweeney was KC's all star five times, because they have to take a guy from each team. A couple years he deserved it, but not all five. He had one post season AB in his career, and that was with the Phillies. Cain was an ALCS MVP. No comparison between the value of these two player. Cain was a much more productive player.
That’s apples and oranges and you know it. Without Cain, the Royals are still a competitive team with potential playoff inspirations. Without Sweeney, the 2005 Royals break Detroit’s record for most losses in a season.
Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #995
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I love Lorenzo Cain. I would place him as the third-best Royal since Brett, behind Beltran and Gordon.

Gordon's five-year run from 2011-2015 is better than Cain's best period.

And Beltran was just a better player. Better defensively and a more powerful offensive threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You would rank Cain above Willie Wilson and Frank White? Not sure i agree....

Cain was a great Royal though, no disagreement there.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:12 PM   #996
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
This was my first thought when I read the post....I liked Cain as a player, but mentioning him in the same conversation as Brett is silly.

While I loved the team that won the WS in 2015, nothing will compare to the team that was the Royals in the late 70's thru the 80's.

There were guys on that team that make Cain an afterthought.....

If I think of Lorenzo Cain I am not even putting him in the Top 20 of present or former Royals.

That doesn't diminish what he did here....he was a great defensive player and without him this team doesn't win the AL Championship, much less get to the World Series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufkin View Post
Sweeney is so insanely underrated. Hitting 333 with 144 RBI’s in a season, or batting 340 in a season to just barely miss the batting title, or his breakout 1999 season.

Give me Sweeney’s 4 year stretch from 1999-2002 over Cain’s.
Why? Played 1B and DH. CF is a much more coveted position especially at Kaufman. Can can steal, defend, hit and developed a little power here.

I do believe Beltran is a better player overall and did it for longer, but his best seasons were not in KC. Alex Gordon probably would be my opinion for the best Royal since Brett if he didn't shit the bed the last couple of years.

And no, nobody is in the same conversation as Brett, that I've said SINCE Brett. But not in the Top 20 of players in Royals history is absurd.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #997
The Insider

Royals All Time WAR
1. George Brett - 88.4
2. Amos Otis - 44.6
3. Willie Wilson - 42.2
4. Frank White - 34.7
5. Alex Gordon - 32.7
6. Hal McRae - 27.7
7. Lorenzo Cain - 25.7
8. Carlos Beltran - 24.7
9. Mike Sweeney - 23.2
10. John Mayberry - 21.2
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:26 PM   #998
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
I'd rank Beltran ahead of both Sweeney and Cain, but Sweeney was a hitting machine. Fans hate him though because he got hurt all the time. He was a great, great hitter though.
Yeah, I mean Sweeney got 11th in the MVP voting one year. What a stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
You would rank Cain above Willie Wilson and Frank White? Not sure i agree....

Cain was a great Royal though, no disagreement there.
Willie Wilson? Probably not. Frank White? hahah. Absolutely.

How many players in Royals history got 3rd in MVP voting? Seriously? Cain did.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #999
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Why? Played 1B and DH. CF is a much more coveted position especially at Kaufman. Can can steal, defend, hit and developed a little power here.

I do believe Beltran is a better player overall and did it for longer, but his best seasons were not in KC. Alex Gordon probably would be my opinion for the best Royal since Brett if he didn't shit the bed the last couple of years.

And no, nobody is in the same conversation as Brett, that I've said SINCE Brett. But not in the Top 20 of players in Royals history is absurd.
The difference between what you and I are looking at is that I am including Pitchers....and unless I am reading you wrong you would rate Cain higher than Frank White? Seriously?
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:31 PM   #1000
Just here for the Royals

Quote:
Yeah, I mean Sweeney got 11th in the MVP voting one year. What a stud.

Willie Wilson? Probably not. Frank White? hahah. Absolutely.

How many players in Royals history got 3rd in MVP voting? Seriously? Cain did.
Thankfully, we don’t judge a player’s overall skill or impact on a team on where they placed on the yearly MVP ballot.
Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #1001
Future NBA Finals MVP

And without further adieu, my Top 25 list of Royals. I know you all have been anxiously awaiting

BWilliie's Top 25 Royals Positional Player list
1. George Brett
2. Amos Otis
3. Willie Wilson
4. Lorenzo Cain
5. John Mayberry
6. Alex Gordon
7. Salvador Perez (probably going to end up higher)
8. Carlos Beltran
9. Frank White (probably too high honestly, but longevity points)
10. Hal McRae (should be 5 pts higher for the throwing phone incident)
11. Mike Moustakas
12. Eric Hosmer
13. Mike Sweeney
14. Al Cowens (Dude got 2nd in MVP voting one year)
15. Bo Jackson (probably too high honestly, but would have been much higher if not injuries)
16. Johnny Damon
17. Freddie Patek
18. Danny Tartabull
19. Jermaine Dye
20. Steve Balboni (only cuz of HR record)
21. Joe Randa
22. Billy Butler
23. Jarrod Dyson (probably should be higher)
24. David DeJesus
25. Mike McFarlane
Old 01-28-2018, 03:50 PM   #1002
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
And without further adieu, my Top 25 list of Royals. I know you all have been anxiously awaiting

1. George Brett
2. Amos Otis
3. Willie Wilson
4. Lorenzo Cain
5. John Mayberry
6. Alex Gordon
8. Carlos Beltran
11. Mike Moustakas
12. Eric Hosmer
13. Mike Sweeney
15. Bo Jackson (probably too high honestly, but would have been much higher if not injuries)
16. Johnny Damon
17. Freddie Patek
18. Danny Tartabull
19. Jermaine Dye
21. Joe Randa
22. Billy Butler
24. David DeJesus
25. Mike McFarlane
Couple of guys you should consider: Darrell Porter, Cookie Rojas, Kendres Morales.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #1003
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Ok I had Cain on my mind all night. The Royals had a day night double hitter on July 4th. Cain hit a grand slam in the sonic slam inning. Going to see that a ton of times every sonic slam inning.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:19 PM   #1004
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Mcrae threw the phone and grabbed a jug of gin. BOSS SAUCE
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:33 PM   #1005
In Search of a Life

Quote:

1. George Brett
2. Amos Otis
3. Willie Wilson
4. Lorenzo Cain
5. John Mayberry
6. Alex Gordon
8. Carlos Beltran
11. Mike Moustakas
12. Eric Hosmer
13. Mike Sweeney
16. Johnny Damon
17. Freddie Patek
18. Danny Tartabull
19. Jermaine Dye
21. Joe Randa
22. Billy Butler
24. David DeJesus
25. Mike McFarlane
Kevin Seitzer?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.