Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-23-2020, 09:47 AM  
Veteran

Oops! Why Tyrod Taylor didn’t play

This is embarrassing. Wonder if LAC gets a new doctor.

frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:29 AM   #91
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
Probably the best thing that could happen to the Chargers, now they know they've got something in Herbert.

Sucks that he won't get playing time cause his Head Coach is a dumbass.
Considering where they drafted him I'd think they already thought they had something.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:30 AM   #92
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
You mean, an NFL offense?

Well that's a no shit, my argument is that there's a lot to like about his debut, and very little reason to hate. He didn't do anything that should cause doubt.
You’re not a good QB in the NFL until you show the ability to hit the intermediate throws. Those are the toughest to do consistently and he missed plenty Sunday.

He cost them the game with a really poor decision on the interception. Rookie mistake, sure. But as you said, “woulda coulda shoulda”...

I don’t hate what I saw. I just don’t love it. And if I’m to bet on him being really good or materializing into a bust, I’ll take the latter.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:32 AM   #93
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
You’re not a good QB in the NFL until you show the ability to hit the intermediate throws. Those are the toughest to do consistently and he missed plenty Sunday.

He cost them the game with a really poor decision on the interception. Rookie mistake, sure. But as you said, “woulda coulda shoulda”...

I don’t hate what I saw. I just don’t love it. And if I’m to bet on him being really good or materializing into a bust, I’ll take the latter.
What evidence do you have from that 1 game that would make you lean the latter?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:32 AM   #94
In Search of a Life

It was a great job for his first game considering zero preseason games and only a limited number of touches in prep.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #95
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I had to double check that fumble stat. Holy shit.
Okay, I got curious. Since the AFL/NFL merger, 163 quarterbacks have started 48 or more games (three full modern seasons). The worst ten quarterbacks in terms of fumbles per game started are:

Josh McCown 1.066
Jack Trudeau 1.061
Don Majkowski 1.035
Daunte Culpepper 1.020
Tony Banks 0.936
David Carr 0.899
Kurt Warner* 0.879
Jon Kitna 0.879
Dave Krieg 0.874 (small hands)
Carson Wentz 0.862

Nine of those have a few or a fair number of games played as backups, which will inflate their stats a bit. Wentz is the only one not in that situation since he has never entered a game as a backup.

If we look at fumbles per game played, here are the worst ten. It's actually mostly the same list, but Wentz rockets up to 2nd-worst.

Daunte Culpepper 0.971
Carson Wentz 0.862
Kurt Warner* 0.823
Josh McCown 0.794
Jack Trudeau 0.776
Warren Moon* 0.774
Jon Kitna 0.773
Tony Banks 0.760
David Carr 0.755
Dave Krieg 0.718
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:45 AM   #96

Good ole "Baby Hands" Krieg. I always forget about that guy.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #97
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

So who are the most surehanded QBs, you may ask? Here's the list of fewest fumbles per start and per game appearance. Don't shake hands with Chad Henne because he'll crush every bone in your hand.

It's interesting that the list includes a lot of all-timers. I presume that this indicates good pocket awareness. It also may be a hidden advantage of the West Coast Offense if you take fewer strip sacks.

Fran Tarkenton is darn impressive on this list given that he was a running quarterback, and this may be the first and only time you'll see Joey Harrington on an NFL top-ten list.

Fumbles per start

Bert Jones 0.167
Fran Tarkenton* 0.267
Peyton Manning 0.291
Ken Anderson 0.302
Joe Namath* 0.308
Jim McMahon 0.309
Chad Henne 0.321
Billy Kilmer 0.321
Joe Montana* 0.323
Joey Harrington 0.329

Fumbles per game appearance

Bert Jones 0.157
Mike Pagel 0.220
Mike Tomczak 0.227
Charley Johnson 0.244
Chad Henne 0.250
Joe Theismann 0.251
Jim McMahon 0.252
Vince Ferragamo 0.253
Norm Snead 0.262
Fran Tarkenton* 0.267
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:49 AM   #98
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
What evidence do you have from that 1 game that would make you lean the latter?
Not that one game, his entire college career.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Herbert looked good for a rookie making his first start, but I’ll leave it at that.
He looked good to me...

No reps (if Chargers PR is being truthful)...looked poised and had some nice NFL throws.

If he had just run for the 1st instead of the INT...he likely beats Mahomes in his first start. They definitely had some "home cooking", late...but he still threw for over 300.

You look for "flashes" with a rookie...he played way better than I thought he would.

I hear he was inconsistent in college...have a great game then suck. We'll see...

Last edited by BlackOp; 09-23-2020 at 01:52 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:53 AM   #100
#triggering

And, now we know why coach is going with Tyrod... likely a big PR and financial nightmare if Tyrod lost his job due to the doc doing that. So, they'll let Tryod just lose it outright and we'll see Herbert in a few weeks.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:55 AM   #101
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Patrick Mahomes II isn't on the list since he has less than 48 career starts. But let's look at our Chiefs quarterbacks who have started 16 or more games since the merger. (Stats for guys who played before and after 1970 include only their 1970+ stats, by the way.)

If we threw Mahomes onto the big list and waived the fact that he has fewer than 48 starts so far, he would rank 18th of 163. So yes, he's good at hanging onto the ball in addition to being the greatest quarterback in NFL history.

Here's the fumbles per start:

Joe Montana* 0.320
Alex Smith 0.329
Elvis Grbac 0.340
Patrick Mahomes 0.364
Steve DeBerg 0.385
Trent Green 0.466
Mike Livingston 0.478
Steve Bono 0.484
Len Dawson* 0.518
Bill Kenney 0.558
Matt Cassel 0.638
Dave Krieg 0.762
Rich Gannon 0.789
Todd Blackledge 0.792
Damon Huard 0.810
Steve Fuller 0.935

Here's the fumbles per game:

Joe Montana* 0.320
Elvis Grbac 0.327
Alex Smith 0.329
Steve DeBerg 0.351
Patrick Mahomes 0.364
Len Dawson* 0.382
Steve Bono 0.405
Bill Kenney 0.406
Mike Livingston 0.407
Trent Green 0.466
Todd Blackledge 0.475
Rich Gannon 0.556
Steve Fuller 0.558
Dave Krieg 0.571
Matt Cassel 0.625
Damon Huard 0.654
Old 09-23-2020, 11:59 AM   #102
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
And, now we know why coach is going with Tyrod... likely a big PR and financial nightmare if Tyrod lost his job due to the doc doing that. So, they'll let Tryod just lose it outright and we'll see Herbert in a few weeks.
Hmm...maybe. Taylor knows he's a place-keeper until Herbert is ready. Their fans...all 7 of them...wanted him to start even before this happened.

Could he sue...possibly...doubt he would though.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:59 AM   #103
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Good ole "Baby Hands" Krieg. I always forget about that guy.
I've tried to forget but somehow, I'm always reminded of him.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #104
MVP

Tyrod is being advised to sit out indefinitely. I dont know if that means hes out for sure.

Last edited by dlphg9; 09-23-2020 at 12:17 PM..
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #105
Has a particular set of skills

I told you guys this was a serious procedure. It should have never been done on a ****ing sideline.

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote