Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-2020, 09:47 AM  
Veteran

Oops! Why Tyrod Taylor didn’t play

This is embarrassing. Wonder if LAC gets a new doctor.

frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #31
'Tis my eye!

We've seen literally every young QB in the league make throws like Herbert made on Sunday. Have you ever watched a Sam Darnold highlight reel? He makes some absolutely Mahomes-esque throws at times. But then he flat out sucks at times too.

The simple fact is that it's one game. He wasn't horrible, he wasn't great.

Statistically, most of these young QB's are going to hover somewhere between league average and outright failure. The success rate for true franchise QB's is just low.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #32
Has a particular set of skills

Thats a serious life threatening mistake.

Most of the ones I've been involved with were in the ER or ICU where the patient is looking a death if we don't do that procedure soon. If we have time we got to the X-Ray to make sure in the placement of the needle.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #33
Starter

Herbert looked good last week, but with the patchwork defense the Chiefs trotted out to the field, that's not particularly hard to achieve for a top 10 drafted QB. Needless to say the jury is well and truly still out.
CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CervezaChill has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #34
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
How could you possibly know anything about the future after one ****ing game? A game which he pretty much lost by throwing an ill-advised pass over the middle, across his body?
I said it looks promising.

What are your complaints? Aside from one boneheaded pass, that after seeing from a different view, you at least SEE what he was thinking.

Aside from that, what's your complaint? Because i gave you a list of things he did well, now tell me what he did that was so bad?
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #35
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Some of them play good for almost an entire season and then crash and burn.
Yup.

People continually do this with young QB’s. It happens every year. Just like Baker, I thought Herbert was going to be a bust based on tape, and I still do. When Baker had his “great” rookie season and 75% of CP was sucking his dick, I tried to tell them and they chalked it up to me being a hater.

He looked good for a rookie making his first start, but it doesn’t change that for me.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #36
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
There's no guarantee that he'll be great of course, but what is there to really complain about with his first game?

The ball came out crisp, he was accurate, he didn't flinch in the pocket, he was poised, he displayed excellent athleticism...

People were down on this kid coming out, and they were wrong. And if you're down on him now, you're still wrong.
He wasn't that accurate. At time he was but at times he also missed a couple of really easy throws.

And again, he was poised until he basically threw the game away on a throw that every QB is told from the time they can walk not to make.

I'm down on EVERY QB coming out. Why? Because 3/4 of them never pan out. That's just the way it is. I'm not going to crown any of them until they've proven something.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #37

Quote:
We've seen literally every young QB in the league make throws like Herbert made on Sunday. Have you ever watched a Sam Darnold highlight reel? He makes some absolutely Mahomes-esque throws at times. But then he flat out sucks at times too.

The simple fact is that it's one game. He wasn't horrible, he wasn't great.

Statistically, most of these young QB's are going to hover somewhere between league average and outright failure. The success rate for true franchise QB's is just low.
What more could you have expected from a 1st start, is what i'm asking?

What did he NOT display?

No one's crowning his ass.

We're saying after his first game, the arrow is pointed up. That could change of course, but there's really nothing to complain about from his first start.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:33 AM   #38
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I said it looks promising.

What are your complaints? Aside from one boneheaded pass, that after seeing from a different view, you at least SEE what he was thinking.

Aside from that, what's your complaint? Because i gave you a list of things he did well, now tell me what he did that was so bad?
It's not about my complaints.

You said he looks promising. I don't agree. I thought he looked like a typical rookie QB that the other team hadn't prepared for. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:33 AM   #39

Quote:
He wasn't that accurate. At time he was but at times he also missed a couple of really easy throws.

And again, he was poised until he basically threw the game away on a throw that every QB is told from the time they can walk not to make.

I'm down on EVERY QB coming out. Why? Because 3/4 of them never pan out. That's just the way it is. I'm not going to crown any of them until they've proven something.
So 1 play, basically. And a bunch of history that has nothing to do with him personally.

Just basing it off his 1 game though, the arrow is pointed up until he proves otherwise. There was a lot to like there.

You haven't presented an argument yet that proves otherwise.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #40

Quote:
It's not about my complaints.

You said he looks promising. I don't agree. I thought he looked like a typical rookie QB that the other team hadn't prepared for. Nothing more, nothing less.
Then i don't think you're giving an honest evaluation.

Give me reasons why he didn't have a strong showing.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #41
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
What more could you have expected from a 1st start, is what i'm asking?

What did he NOT display?

No one's crowning his ass.

We're saying after his first game, the arrow is pointed up. That could change of course, but there's really nothing to complain about from his first start.
There's a lot of talking heads out there stopping just short of "crowning his ass". There's a couple here too, even if it's not you.

Everybody gets all horny over young QB's when they make 2 or 3 good throws early in their career.

And then it just never materializes beyond that. It's just simple math.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #42
Veteran

The Chargers medical staff is a bigger threat to the Chargers' players and it's probably why they're all hurt all the time
ChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefBlueCFC 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #43
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Then i don't think you're giving an honest evaluation.
And you're entitled to believe that. Just like I'm entitled to dismiss it.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Just like Baker, I thought Herbert was going to be a bust based on tape, and I still do.
This is what it boils down to, really. Same thing with Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson. People just want to be right about their college evaluations.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #45
In Search of a Life

Herbert’s college tape is FULL of reasons to be skeptical.

Maybe that’s why some people aren’t going to overreact to one game?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.