Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-23-2020, 09:47 AM  
Veteran

Oops! Why Tyrod Taylor didn’t play

This is embarrassing. Wonder if LAC gets a new doctor.

frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #16
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
This is embarrassing. Wonder if LAC gets a new doctor.

Apparently this is a small but defined risk with this type of injection.
KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCChiefsFan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #17
"You like to drink?"

Any Given Sunday II: Electric Boogaloo
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #18
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Chargers: Come sign with us, we'll destroy your body and ruin your career!
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:18 AM   #19
MVP

Holy crap he probably gave him a tension pneumothorax.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:19 AM   #20
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
That’s insane.

While we’re on the topic, I’d love to know if I’m the only one who isn’t totally sold on Herbert. I’ve seen at least 2-3 talking heads say “the Chargers have their QB for the next 10-15 years!!!”

Based on what? One mediocre game where the opposition didn’t game plan for him whatsoever? There are arguments to be made as to whether or not it helped or hurt Herbert himself, not knowing that he was going to play. Regardless, it was one game. Just a decent outing where he leaned on a running game and threw an interception that probably cost them the game when you look back. He wasn’t very accurate to me, and the film will start to accumulate on his strengths and weaknesses as we go.

I’d bet about anything I’ve got that the dude will never make a pro bowl, and I don’t mean as an alternate necessarily. Just straight up top 3 in his conference.
You're looking for reasons to be pessimistic because they're a division rival.

He played within the confines of his offense, so the "Dink and dunk" argument is moot.

He was very accurate actually.

He displayed good arm strength, excellent athleticism and he was poised through the entire game aside from one boneheaded play that did in fact look open for a second there.

He displayed all of the qualities you could reasonably expect to see from a 1st time starter that had no game preparation. He displayed that all of the tools are in fact there, and with experience and refinement at the very least he should be a good starter.

And lets not act like we weren't here proclaiming Pat's greatness after his no-TD performance against the Broncos. That's quit the double standard.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:20 AM   #21
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
That’s insane.

While we’re on the topic, I’d love to know if I’m the only one who isn’t totally sold on Herbert. I’ve seen at least 2-3 talking heads say “the Chargers have their QB for the next 10-15 years!!!”

Based on what? One mediocre game where the opposition didn’t game plan for him whatsoever? There are arguments to be made as to whether or not it helped or hurt Herbert himself, not knowing that he was going to play. Regardless, it was one game. Just a decent outing where he leaned on a running game and threw an interception that probably cost them the game when you look back. He wasn’t very accurate to me, and the film will start to accumulate on his strengths and weaknesses as we go.

I’d bet about anything I’ve got that the dude will never make a pro bowl, and I don’t mean as an alternate necessarily. Just straight up top 3 in his conference.
I'm certainly not sold.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:20 AM   #22
Supporter

The Chargers and Jets have the worst ownership in the NFL but as sad as the Jets have been since 1969, at least they haven't punctured the lungs of their starting QB.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:22 AM   #23
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
You're looking for reasons to be pessimistic because they're a division rival.

He played within the confines of his offense, so the "Dink and dunk" argument is moot.

He was very accurate actually.

He displayed good arm strength, excellent athleticism and he was poised through the entire game aside from one boneheaded play that did in fact look open for a second there.

He displayed all of the qualities you could reasonably expect to see from a 1st time starter that had no game preparation. He displayed that all of the tools are in fact there, and with experience and refinement at the very least he should be a good starter.

And lets not act like we weren't here proclaiming Pat's greatness after his no-TD performance against the Broncos. That's quit the double standard.
You're seeing something that just wasn't there. It's like anybody under the age of 25 with good measurable and a live arm is going to be great or something.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:22 AM   #24
In Search of a Life

Herbert looked good for a rookie making his first start, but I’ll leave it at that.

How many young QB’s have to look good early in their careers then regress before we learn to be patient and let things play out?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I'm certainly not sold.
Sold on what though?

That he's a sure fire stud? Of course not.

That he displayed a lot of positive qualities that you'd want to see in a young QB, and that his future LOOKS promising? I can't see how anyone could disagree.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #26
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Herbert looked good for a rookie making his first start, but I’ll leave it at that.

How many young QB’s have to look good early in their careers then regress before we learn to be patient and let things play out?
Some of them play good for almost an entire season and then crash and burn.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #27
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Sold on what though?

That he's a sure fire stud? Of course not.

That he displayed a lot of positive qualities that you'd want to see in a young QB, and that his future LOOKS promising? I can't see how anyone could disagree.
How could you possibly know anything about the future after one ****ing game? A game which he pretty much lost by throwing an ill-advised pass over the middle, across his body?
Old 09-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #28
Supporter

Quote:
I'm certainly not sold.
I'm not "sold" but I was very impressed with his poise.

I knew that he had better than "Ideal Size" and that his arm strength was above average but the most impressive aspect to me on Sunday was that he didn't wilt under pressure and either take off running or throw the stupid INT.

I think he has all of the physical characteristics for becoming a solid NFL starter but it'll all come down to how fast he can process what he sees on the field to creating net-positive plays.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #29
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Was the DR an Oregon State grad?
No, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express and performed the procedure on a hoverboard.
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #30

Quote:
You're seeing something that just wasn't there. It's like anybody under the age of 25 with good measurable and a live arm is going to be great or something.
There's no guarantee that he'll be great of course, but what is there to really complain about with his first game?

The ball came out crisp, he was accurate, he didn't flinch in the pocket, he was poised, he displayed excellent athleticism...

People were down on this kid coming out, and they were wrong. And if you're down on him now, you're still wrong.