Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2020, 05:26 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Contenders or Pretenders?

Quote:
The Cardinals, Bills, Ravens, Bears, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, and Titans are each 2-0.

Eleven teams also started 2-0 in 2008, 2006, and 1998. (In 1998, the league had only 30 teams.)

With only four of the 2-0 teams facing other 2-0 teams this weekend (Rams at Bills and Chiefs at Ravens), there could be as many as nine 2-0 teams after Week Three.
Found this tidbit over on NBCSports, and just thought it might be fun to expound a little here.

So to get right to it, which of these "undefeated" teams are for real and which are just smoke and mirrors?

Or to be more succinct, which of these teams do you think make it to the post-season?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #16
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Bills barely beat the Fins. Patriots barely lost to the Seahawks.
And the Faketriots barely beat the Dolphins in week one.

It was a 3 point game into the fourth quarter.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #17
'Tis my eye!

The Titans are absolutely pretenders.

They caught lightning in a bottle last year. They won't be able to beat good teams the way they are playing now.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #18
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Too early. Bills barely beat the Fins. Patriots barely lost to the Seahawks. Are the Raiders for real or are the Saints paper tigers? The Titans beat the Broncos and Jaguars by a combined 5 points. Let’s revisit this in a few weeks.
The Saints are WET paper tigers. They're terrible.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #19
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The Titans are absolutely pretenders.

They caught lightning in a bottle last year. They won't be able to beat good teams the way they are playing now.
Jobbers to the Stars!!
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:08 PM   #20
pie is never free

Something about the Cardinals just feels kinda right

Like I was telling a work buddy yesterday while listening to Dan Patrick, I didnt have much faith in Kingsbury coming to the NFL

College guys running supposedly gimmicky offenses tend not to last... ask Chip Kelly, Steve Spurrier etc, particularly when that guy has the ultimate stud making his krazy schemes look good, like Kliff

But beating the NFC champs week one, then drubbing some scrubs by half has changed my somewhat changed my tune... give that krazy college coach a speedier Mahomes knockoff, a top 5 receiver, and a very solid but unheralded back along with a HOF possession guy and suddenly your schemes tend to work

Its only two games, but they look poised for a major turnaround... like a Dicky V with the Rams type resurgence

Got my eye on' em for sure
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:10 PM   #21
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Something about the Cardinals just feels kinda right

Like I was telling a work buddy yesterday while listening to Dan Patrick, I didnt have much faith in Kingsbury coming to the NFL

College guys running supposedly gimmicky offenses tend not to last... ask Chip Kelly, Steve Spurrier etc, particularly when that guy has the ultimate stud making his krazy schemes look good, like Kliff

But beating the NFC champs week one, then drubbing some scrubs by half has changed my somewhat changed my tune... give that krazy college coach a speedier Mahomes knockoff, a top 5 receiver, and a very solid but unheralded back along with a HOF possession guy and suddenly your schemes tend to work

Its only two games, but they look poised for a major turnaround... like a Dicky V with the Rams type resurgence

Got my eye on' em for sure
They are definitely this years surprise team. With the Niners falling off due to injury, they will rise for sure.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:12 PM   #22
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Chicago is the worst 2-0 team in recent memory.

They are lucky their first two opponents... Detoilet and the Giants are trash.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:12 PM   #23
Suupraa Geniuuusss

The Cardinals, Bills, Ravens, Bears, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, and Titans

I haven't really spent any time looking at any of these teams yet, so I'm just going off what I've seen on ESPN's highlights.

But I think as of right now I like the Cards to get in, maybe even win the NFC-W. I believe the Ravens get in. The Packers will win the North. Chiefs, obviously. Seahawks will get in.

Then it gets harder.

I think the Bills could get in, but I still think their QB is way too raw to do anything in the post-season. Heck, without that defense they wouldn't be in the conversation at all, IMO. That D erases a lot of that guy's bone-headed mistakes.

I think the Bears are smoke and mirrors.

I think the Raiders are trending in the right direction and might even take second in the AFC-W. Whether that gets them in or not remains to be seen.

I think the Rams are a good team, but I don't know how they get past the 49ers, Cards, and Seahawks this year. That division is stacked. Right now I have them fourth over there, so they don't make it.

Steelers have that defense and Big Ben might be making a legit comeback. But they have to play the Ravens yet. Call it a coinflip for now.

I'm going way out on a limb and say that the Titans win the South. That's a bad division and any of those teams could win it by default, but the Titans have that running game, and possibly the best defense of the division.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #24
Fatrick Mahomes

The Chiefs, Ravens, and Seahawks are in a separate class from the rest of the league.

I’d consider the Packers, Titans, Steelers, and Rams solid contenders. Cardinals and Bills aren’t necessarily “pretenders” but I’m not sold on the Cards being ready yet, and as for the Bills I just don’t completely trust Josh Allen. (Should clarify I see these teams having really good records, def 10+ wins each, but I don’t think they’ll go deep or win their division)

The Bears are the team that sticks out like a sore thumb. That isn’t a particularly good team at all. I’d be surprised if they even end up in a playoff spot.

I’d say the Raiders are in between the Cards/Bills and Bears. They’re not a completely undeserved 2-0 like the Bears, but they’re not nearly as good as the teams in the contender group, that’s for sure.

Last edited by St. Patty's Fire; 09-22-2020 at 07:13 PM..
St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:30 PM   #25

Cardinals beat the Niners before half their team got hurt, so that's pretty legit. Murray is looking great and having Hopkins helps a ton. Not sure if they're a top contender but they definitely don't look like a pretender to me.

I think of that group it's the Chiefs, Ravens, Packers and Rams for right now. Seahawks are going to be in the mix just because Russell Wilson is playing out of his mind. I think the Bills have their most talented team in a long while, but I think they're going to have to beat New England before people really take them seriously.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:32 PM   #26
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
Chiefs - Contender

Your Bitch Ass - Pretender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Megatron > you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Hahaha, something I said get your tampon in a twist? Good to know, hun.
This is a DC thing, isn’t it?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:35 PM   #27
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Honestly, I have no idea. I recognize the handle, but i couldn't tell you where or in what thread the animosity started. On his side, anyway. I could care less. I like his handle. "Cave Johnson" has a cool ring to it. But I have no idea why he's got his panties in a bunch.

It's okay though, it's just online nonsense anyway.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #28
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Honestly, I have no idea. I recognize the handle, but i couldn't tell you where or in what thread the animosity started. On his side, anyway. I could care less. I like his handle. "Cave Johnson" has a cool ring to it. But I have no idea why he's got his panties in a bunch.

It's okay though, it's just online nonsense anyway.
I was going to make a comment about Portal being where that name comes from but I have now learned that there is another Cave Johnson we should celebrate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_Johnson

During his tenure as United States Postmaster General he shifted the department from a collect on delivery postage delivery system to a prepaid postal delivery system by introducing the postage stamp in 1847.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:03 PM   #29
Emporer of Mongo

Other teams are pretending they aren't about to get raped by our 15 incher
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:04 PM   #30
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
As far as I can tell, pretty much... you should ask Cave for confirmation
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.