Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2005, 08:09 PM  
BAMF

Strouds fried chicken

A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:51 PM   #121
The man you could post like.

Lunch special on Friday is legitness.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:55 PM   #122
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
This thread is ****in 14 years old
Maybe so, but the bump contains valuable information.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #123
He's Mahomie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspchief View Post
A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
Is this KC North up by Claycomo? I grew up near there. Had my wedding dinner there 27 yrs ago. Is it still there?
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #124
Starter

Man, i'm jonesing for some Stroud's chicken fried steak and sides.

There's also a fairly new place up north near Gladstone City Hall called Summit Grill that has really good food. Huge "chicken fried chicken", tenderloin sandwiches, and pictured below, the "Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich"
FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #125
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen View Post

There's also a fairly new place up north near Gladstone City Hall called Summit Grill that has really good food. Huge "chicken fried chicken", tenderloin sandwiches, and pictured below, the "Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich"
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #126
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen View Post

I assume Summit Grill is connected to the place with the same name in Lees Summit started by Drew Lock's father.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:33 PM   #127
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
Is this KC North up by Claycomo? I grew up near there. Had my wedding dinner there 27 yrs ago. Is it still there?
That's the one....still top notch. The one in Fairway has always been trash and now it's closed (the reason for the 14 year bump).
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:37 PM   #128
Praise Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I assume Summit Grill is connected to the place with the same name in Lees Summit started by Drew Lock's father.
yes..and downtown Lee's Summit 3rd Stree Social
King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #129
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
Yep still there and I still live near. I am old enough to remember when it was Sandy's Oak Ridge Manor > Stroud's.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #130
Life is changing..

The only surprising thing about this thread is that I didn't bump it.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:57 PM   #131
What the

Flying back to see the Chiefs whip up on the Vikings and I can't wait to get me some Stroud's - my parents took my brother and me there as kids on Sunday nights since they served alcohol on the Missouri side. Parent's taught me well...need booze with meals!!
RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.RickObie must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:02 PM   #132
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Side Note: This thread makes me oddly nostalgic for some of the old restaurants that have closed down like Stephenson's Apple Orchard and The Golden Ox.

I can't say I went to either of them more than 3-4 times as a kid, but those were places that had been around for 50-60+ years and just couldn't survive the chain explosions. Now a lot of those chains are struggling and places that could make it through that lean stretch are recovering nicely.

Always happy to see places like that keep their lights on.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #133
The Maintenance Guy

The one here in Omaha sure didn't last very long.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #134
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Side Note: This thread makes me oddly nostalgic for some of the old restaurants that have closed down like Stephenson's Apple Orchard and The Golden Ox.
Yes!
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:41 PM   #135
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

I can't say I went to either of them more than 3-4 times as a kid, but those were places that had been around for 50-60+ years and just couldn't survive the chain explosions. Now a lot of those chains are struggling and places that could make it through that lean stretch are recovering nicely.

Always happy to see places like that keep their lights on.
Speaking of KC restaurants that are no more, what was the name of the restaurant that was a little west of Metro North on the north side of Barry Road. It was set back off the road a bit and it looked like a country club. My memory of it may not be perfect because it was a long time ago, but I remember it being one of those places you go for prom and such. Hell, it may still exist, but I don’t think so. I never have the need to go to that part of town though, so I can’t be sure.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli