Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2005, 08:09 PM  
BAMF

Strouds fried chicken

A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:57 AM   #46
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcan
What are YOU doing up so late? And why the hell did your name change again?! Don't ever move from Tex or I'll never recognize any of your posts...
Up early (again).

It sucks getting old.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:11 AM   #47
Supporter

But as much as I like the chicken, THIS is what I'm there for. Had 3 bowls in a sitting on a prior occasion.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #48
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspchief
Next time I'll be down is probably the home opener, and I'll be driving down in the morning and back in the evening. Probably won't have time.

If I decide to go to a pre-season game, I might leave early and eat there before heading home. I also still have never had Arthur Bryants, so it's on my list too.
WTF! Never been to Arthur Bryants! And you call yourself a Chiefs fan.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #49
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Oh, and anyone remember the Stoud's afilliated or Stroud's cloned restaurant immediately to the east of Arrowhead? It's been torn down.
Yes, I do...our rehearsal dinner was held there. I honestly dont remember anything other than going there.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:42 AM   #50
Phobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcan
What are YOU doing up so late? And why the hell did your name change again?! Don't ever move from Tex or I'll never recognize any of your posts...
You mean the "Bob Dole took a dump - Bob Dole drank a beer" schtik isn't a dead give-away?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:57 AM   #51
MVP

Their cinnamon rolls/biscuits are the best anywhere I've been.
wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #52
Wasted away again...

Quote:
But as much as I like the chicken, THIS is what I'm there for. Had 3 bowls in a sitting on a prior occasion.

Yep, their green beans rock.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:08 AM   #53
Supporter

The chicken is good...

Try the hamburger steak also...excellent!
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:02 AM
ENDelt260
This message has been deleted by ENDelt260.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:04 AM
ENDelt260
This message has been deleted by ENDelt260.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:07 AM   #54
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief
WTF! Never been to Arthur Bryants! And you call yourself a Chiefs fan.
I would rather eat at Jack Stack, Smokestack, Smokehouse, Gates, or maybe Famous Dave's than Arthur Bryants. They are at the bottom of my barbecue power rankings. I mean, it's good food, but vastly overrated... so many better places in town.
Uatu is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Uatu is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #55
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Screw the cook off on that Saturday for the 37F weekend, I'm going to Strouds.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #56
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uatu
I would rather eat at Jack Stack, Smokestack, Smokehouse, Gates, or maybe Famous Dave's than Arthur Bryants. They are at the bottom of my barbecue power rankings. I mean, it's good food, but vastly overrated... so many better places in town.
Okay noob dem our fighting words.

Bryants overrated? Jack Stack is defintely up there and Gates sauce is excellent but Famous Daves come on....
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:00 AM   #57
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd
And the worst Pizza I have ever tried to ingest was purchased in downtown San Diego. But the Sea Food makes up for it.
Rush Limbaugh, who many probably know used to live here and work for the Royals, has said that Strouds in Kansas City has the best shrimp he has ever eaten anywhere. He had some kind of economic theory (provided by an economics guy he knew) about why a restaurant in the center of the country would have better shrimp than that found in coastal cities, but I didn't really catch the nuts and bolts of the theory.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #58
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggysack
They are too.

There is a Stroud's in Wichita.
They are all owned by the same people IIRC. Whether the fact that they have a few different locations makes them a chain or not, I won't judge, but they aren't a chain like Popeyes or KFC.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #59
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:

I agree. I'm not a big green bean fan, but Stroud's green beans are the best I've ever tasted.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #60
Boardin Bronco

Send this man a bucket!