Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 08-10-2005, 08:09 PM  
BAMF

Strouds fried chicken

A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #31
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uatu
The northland location is near I-35 and Vivion. It's not a bad part of town at all.
Bah! Eating Straud's anywhere but the original is like listening to the Philharmonic on an 8-track. It's just not the same.
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #32
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good
Bah! Eating Straud's anywhere but the original is like listening to the Philharmonic on an 8-track. It's just not the same.
I didn't know that was not the original. It's about as good as it gets though.

I love that white heart attack gravy they have too.
Uatu is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Uatu is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #33
The only constant is change

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs
Would you please stop with the BBQ and fried chicken threads. Your killing me. I live in a city where the food of choice is fish taco's.
And the worst Pizza I have ever tried to ingest was purchased in downtown San Diego. But the Sea Food makes up for it.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #34
Most Valuable Poster

i think i will have to go there again... I went once way back in teh early ninties... loved it... then never went back. Damn Im dumb!
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #35
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Responding to the earlier question.... yes, it's in a horrible area of town.
Ya, the Northland makes Raytown look like Leawood.

We go there at least twice a year.

that place owns fried chicken..I got a chicken fried steak once....as big as the plate....
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 AM   #36
Cry havoc...

http://www.stroudsrestaurant.com/
DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.DaWolf would the whole thing.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:04 AM   #37
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uatu
The northland location is near I-35 and Vivion. It's not a bad part of town at all.
Yeah... I was a bit confused. I thought that WAS the original location.
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:14 AM   #38
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Yeah... I was a bit confused. I thought that WAS the original location.

How you doing KcMizzou, hadn't seen you in quite a while?
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:27 AM   #39
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod
There's one north of the river too, IIRC.
That explains Bob Dole's initial confusion. Bob Dole only knew about the one near Vivian Road.

Their chicken was the next best thing to Mar-Lon Cafe in Bronaugh, MO. (But Bob Dole doesn't think that one is there any more...)
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:30 AM   #40
Apr 13,1949 – Dec 15, 2011

Funny how when I was a kid, I'd think to myself "Why would anybody buy all this expensive meat when PIE and frozen pizzas are so cheap?"
mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:31 AM   #41
Apr 13,1949 – Dec 15, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzen
That explains Bob Dole's initial confusion. Bob Dole only knew about the one near Vivian Road.

Their chicken was the next best thing to Mar-Lon Cafe in Bronaugh, MO. (But Bob Dole doesn't think that one is there any more...)

What are YOU doing up so late? And why the hell did your name change again?! Don't ever move from Tex or I'll never recognize any of your posts...
mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.mcan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:15 AM   #42
Supreme Commander of My House

Sorry, but I think Peachtree Buffet has the best fried chicken. Just my opinion.
cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.cookster50 would the whole thing.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:03 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
They aren't.

They are too.

There is a Stroud's in Wichita.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:10 AM   #44
MVP

It's just my opinion but, I think Stroud's chicken is overrated. It tastes like plain ol' fried chicken to me without very much flavor at all. It's great if you like bland country cooking. To those of us that like spices that you can taste, it ain't that great.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:57 AM   #45
Supporter

The one on 85th is the one we always went to. Haven't even been to the one on the north side.
But I gotta disagree with Saggy. I'm no fan of fried chicken. Usually, when the fam has chicken out, it means I'm feasting on mashed potatoes and gravy or cole slaw. But Strouds is great, and a lot of it is the freshness of the chicken and how quick it is from pan to plate.

And for those who are scared of the 85th St. location, give K.T. Fryers in Lenexa a try. The location is pure-D suburban strip mall, but the menu measures up across the board, and the waiters rock.

Oh, and anyone remember the Stoud's afilliated or Stroud's cloned restaurant immediately to the east of Arrowhead? It's been torn down.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 08-11-2005 at 06:03 AM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.