Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2005, 08:09 PM  
BAMF

Strouds fried chicken

A few months back, while in KC, my relatives took me to a dumpy old joint called Strouds that looked like it was converted from a house. Despite the exterior, the inside was hospitable. They had the best damn fried chicken I've ever eaten, and serve enough food to make Whitlock uncomfortable. I know the next time I'm in town, I'll desperately be searching for that place.

Has anyone else ever eaten there? Are they famous in town for their chicken, or am I just sheltered?
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #16
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Responding to the earlier question.... yes, it's in a horrible area of town.
Yes the area sucks and the building needs work and the parking sucks but man do they have damn good chicken in there.

When you coming into town next? I'll make sure you get there. Only about 15 mintues from Arrowhead.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #17
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Responding to the earlier question.... yes, it's in a horrible area of town.
Bullshit. You will not find better basements in any houses around than the ones around here.

And we get Strouds.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:31 PM   #18
Smug Weasel

Quote:
No. Shutup.

JSP - Strouds is like world famous.
Sorry. I got Stroud's mixed up with Harold's Chicken Shack. Same difference.
shaneo69 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.shaneo69 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #19
Supporter

I have eaten at the one in KC quite a few times, the one in Wichita more. I take my parents there quite a bit. I love thier gravy almost as much as the chicken.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #20
BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Yes the area sucks and the building needs work and the parking sucks but man do they have damn good chicken in there.

When you coming into town next? I'll make sure you get there. Only about 15 mintues from Arrowhead.
Next time I'll be down is probably the home opener, and I'll be driving down in the morning and back in the evening. Probably won't have time.

If I decide to go to a pre-season game, I might leave early and eat there before heading home. I also still have never had Arthur Bryants, so it's on my list too.
jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.jspchief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #21
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspchief
Next time I'll be down is probably the home opener, and I'll be driving down in the morning and back in the evening. Probably won't have time.

If I decide to go to a pre-season game, I might leave early and eat there before heading home. I also still have never had Arthur Bryants, so it's on my list too.
That'd make a pretty good poll...Strauds or Aurthur Bryant's?
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #22
Wasted away again...

There's one north of the river too, IIRC.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #23
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod
There's one north of the river too, IIRC.

That is the one I have been going to, I think. You go right by it coming in on 35 from Des Moines. Does not seem like that bad of area or building to me, but I just go there for the Chicken and Gravy.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #24
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd
That is the one I have been going to, I think. You go right by it coming in on 35 from Des Moines. Does not seem like that bad of area or building to me, but I just go there for the Chicken and Gravy.
The original is at 85th and Troost. Much different, ummmm...culture around there.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #25
Supporter

Quote:
The original is at 85th and Troost. Much different, ummmm...culture around there.

Oh, Ok. I get it. We used to have a "Sight and Sound" location at 75 something Troost. Yeah, that neighborhood is very questionable.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:19 PM   #26
error 404

Would you please stop with the BBQ and fried chicken threads. Your killing me. I live in a city where the food of choice is fish taco's.
sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #27
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Certainly a unique flavor...
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #28
Starter

The northland location is near I-35 and Vivion. It's not a bad part of town at all.
Uatu is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Uatu is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:22 PM   #29
Quit your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs
Would you please stop with the BBQ and fried chicken threads. Your killing me. I live in a city where the food of choice is fish taco's.
Okay...So there IS a drawback to living in San Diego. Somewhere out there, if you really listen, you can hear Dick Vermiel crying for you.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #30
Banned!

Stroud's chicken is pan fried; that's what makes it good and makes it take so long. I used to be friends with a guy that worked there. It did seem strange to have to park under an old overpass and have a guy with a club escourt you to the front door...
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.