Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-20-2020, 05:50 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Ravens

Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #466
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The situation was much the same last year and the Chiefs basically blew their doors off in the first half.

The only real difference is the venue so I expect it to be a lot tougher than last year's game.
Last year was actually significantly worse.

The defense was learning a new scheme, Fisher was out (which means Erving was starting), Tyreek was out, Mahomes was playing on a bum ankle, we had no running game whatsoever etc.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:45 AM   #467
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The situation was much the same last year and the Chiefs basically blew their doors off in the first half.

The only real difference is the venue so I expect it to be a lot tougher than last year's game.
Yeah, you're right.

Though i think the Ravens are a little further along this time this year compared to last year.

But i don't anticipate the Ravens D giving our O too hard a time, unless they junk their whole scheme and copy what SD and SF do, and even then they don't have the horses to consistently pressure Mahomes.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #468
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Yeah, you're right.

Though i think the Ravens are a little further along this time this year compared to last year.

But i don't anticipate the Ravens D giving our O too hard a time, unless they junk their whole scheme and copy what SD and SF do, and even then they don't have the horses to consistently pressure Mahomes.
Statistically, the Ravens OL is significantly worse this year so far. They were the 3rd best run blocking line and 8th best pass protection line last year. So far this year, they’re 17th and 31st respectively. Granted, this is just though 2 games.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #469
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Yeah, you're right.

Unless you think they're gonna pull a bunch of elite level pass rushers out of their ass it isn't the scheme.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:55 AM
Megatron96
This message has been deleted by Megatron96. Reason: I may have been wrong.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #470
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

The Browns hit Jackson 8 times and sacked him twice. The Browns hit Burrow 8 times and sacked him three times. Also, keep in mind that Burrow dropped back to pass 64 times and Jackson dropped back to pass 27 times.

The Texans hit Jackson 13 times and sacked him 4 times. The Texans hit Mahomes 3 times and sacked him once.

The Chiefs should absolutely be able to get pressure on Jackson. Any less than 12 QB hits and 3 sacks would be disappointing.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:19 PM   #471
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
The defense was learning a new scheme, Fisher was out (which means Erving was starting), Tyreek was out, Mahomes was playing on a bum ankle, we had no running game whatsoever etc.
No Pennel...which against the Ravens is a huge improvement. I think Clark was playing hurt too...

Ravens fans gloss over that Hill didn't play...and Mahomes was gimpy.

Hill forces teams to change how they defend the Chiefs..

Last edited by BlackOp; 09-23-2020 at 12:25 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:12 PM   #472
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Before someone says it, this is only through 2 weeks.

Buuuuuuttttt.....

The vaunted Ravens offensive line currently ranks 31st in pass protection (10.7% adjusted sack rate, which is ****ing terrible) and 17th in run blocking (4.3 adjusted line yards).

Having played the Texans also and a much better second opponent defense, the Chiefs offensive line ranks 2nd in pass protection (2.8% adjusted sack rate) and 7th in run blocking (4.7 adjusted line yards).
Our line is Dogs**t. I said this yesterday, it's getting all the praise for Lamar making plays under pressure. Lamars saving the line 2-4 sacks minimum a game.
We've had no real push when running the ball outside of gadget plays. There's a podcast that tracks a stat called ample time and space. It's basically percentage of snaps they have a clean pocket for 3 seconds. Ravens are around 20%.

The line is crap.
Truzzz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Truzzz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Truzzz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Truzzz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #473
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post
This is their Super Bowl, it’s ****ing week 3. They’re desperate, gonna lead to heartbreak for them AGAIN!!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #474
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
No Pennel...which against the Ravens is a huge improvement. I think Clark was playing hurt too...

Ravens fans gloss over that Hill didn't play...and Mahomes was gimpy.

Hill forces teams to change how they defend the Chiefs..
We also didn't have Fisher. Cam ****ing Erving was protecting Mahomes' blind side.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #475
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

I have not read all the posts in this thread but wanted to say that I think we finally see some screens in this game. I am excited to see what CEH brings with this option!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #476
Suupraa Geniuuusss

After just watching NFL'com's GamePass Coaches film I'm feeling a little better about our defense and in particular our LBs, so I deleted my earlier post/rant about Hitchens and Wilson.

I posted a more specific analysis over in the "Hitchens" issue thread, but the bottom line is that after watching that, and putting on an extra nic patch so I could think straight, I think our run defense is going to be fine.

There's definitely some issues, and I think Pennel is going to make up some of the difference, but overall our guys aren't playing nearly as badly as I thought during the game.

The lack of preseason games is really showing among our LBs, but towards the end of even the first half of the Chargers game you can see that they were beginning to get right. I think they'll play much better on Monday.

That's not to say that we'll stuff the Ravens running game, because I don't think that's possible. But I don't think our defense won't give up 200 yards on the ground either.

On a different tack, have we heard anything about Ward's availability today?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #477
oxymoron

We may actually see an actual offensive gameplan this week. Because I thought weeks 1 and 2 looked like what you'd normally see them roll out for preseason weeks 1 and 2.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:43 PM   #478
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Taco played really well the other day.
I didn't notice him much while I was watching the game, but now I see that he forced the pressure that led to Herbert bailing from the pocket and throwing that game changing INT. I also noticed on the box score that he notched a sack. I don't remember that at all.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #479
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I didn't notice him much while I was watching the game, but now I see that he forced the pressure that led to Herbert bailing from the pocket and throwing that game changing INT. I also noticed on the box score that he notched a sack. I don't remember that at all.
He had several pressures as well I believe.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:52 PM   #480
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Wharton played fairly well also in his limited snaps.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.