Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
I would say 4-5 years is the life of one purchased from your ISP. Planned obsolescence? With Century link, they were a 5 year switch.
Wow, that's really good.

I went through wireless routers every 18 months (or less) for more than a decade until I switched to Ubiquiti.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:28 PM   #3
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Wow, that's really good.

I went through wireless routers every 18 months (or less) for more than a decade until I switched to Ubiquiti.
Exactly. The only way to avoid swapping out routers twice every 4 years or so is to go with a prosumer setup. Ubiquiti is great.

Of course, now that we have AX and 6Ghz bands coming, everybody is going to be obsolete for a bit.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Exactly. The only way to avoid swapping out routers twice every 4 years or so is to go with a prosumer setup. Ubiquiti is great.
I was burning through Linksys, Netgear and TP-Link modems every 12-16 months and the overall performance was always sub-standard.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #5
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post

Of course, now that we have AX and 6Ghz bands coming, everybody is going to be obsolete for a bit.

I've been using AmpliFi for a couple years and have been very happy with them. Other than occasionally restarting the access points, no issues.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:16 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
I've been using AmpliFi for a couple years and have been very happy with them. Other than occasionally restarting the access points, no issues.
I check for Firmware updates every quarter, which as you probably know, can be managed from an iOS or Android app, which is incredibly convenient.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #7
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I check for Firmware updates every quarter, which as you probably know, can be managed from an iOS or Android app, which is incredibly convenient.
On Amplifi, I don't even have to do that. They push the firmware updates out as they are ready. Just get a notification that one is available.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
On Amplifi, I don't even have to do that. They push the firmware updates out as they are ready. Just get a notification that one is available.
Wow, that's cool! It sounds like your model is newer than the Amplifi model I have from 2016.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Most manufacturers do that actually, even the cheap ones. The thing is, it's not always a good thing. Many times new firmware fixes old bugs but introduces new ones.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.