Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2024, 11:32 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

The Chiefs need to acquire their next star WR and LT of the future in this draft.

To the victor goes the spoils....

How damn fortunate we are to have a draft class like this, the year we need WRs and a LT of the future, despite picking at 32.

After this combine has unfolded, I'm convinced that Veach and Andy need to be aggressive about going and getting their guys at WR and LT.

Trade up twice if you have to. Flip all your damn later picks if you have to.

It is incredibly rare to have an opportunity to solidify two cornerstone positions like LT and WR in a single draft class picking from the Super Bowl champions slot. But, this is what the Chiefs are working with this year.

So, who do you want KC to grab if/when Veach does try to proactively make this happen?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:17 PM   #166
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Did, um... you do the math on the Johnson model (which is outdated, BTW, and not as reliable as the Hill model)?

Because 1,050 - 590 - 270 = 190

Which on the Johnson chart is the 80th pick. So YOU are saying Sneed on his own isn't even worth the 80th pick in the draft. That you'd need more on top of Sneed to make it work.

His original proposal of Sneed being worth one of the last 3-4 picks in the first round is WAY more in reality than your assertion that he isn't even worth a mid-round 3.
If a team is trading a top 15 pick to get a difference maker on a rookie deal, it drives the value of any player way down…like what are we talking about lol.

The value isn’t the same in a vacuum…in a trade ALONE, Sneed is probably worth a 2nd rounder to some teams that maybe feel like they’re close and want him.

You *really* think Indy would give us 15 and a 3rd for the 32nd pick and Sneed?
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 05:18 PM   #167
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I mean, I'd love that. But I don't believe that.
I have no idea. Some trucker from New Mixico called in and was talking about the situation with them. The trucker said he would like to get a 1, maybe #29 from the Lions, but would settle for a 2 and a 4. Kirwan kind of laughed, and said we would be getting a 1 and a 2.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:20 PM   #168
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
If a team is trading a top 15 pick to get a difference maker on a rookie deal, it drives the value of any player way down…like what are we talking about lol.

The value isn’t the same in a vacuum…in a trade ALONE, Sneed is probably worth a 2nd rounder to some teams that maybe feel like they’re close and want him.

I don't think it's that far off, respectfully.

I saw PFF suggest Sneed + 5th for #15 + 6th.

That pkg has us keeping #32.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:40 PM   #169
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post

I think the odds Indy would do 15 and 82 for 32 and Sneed are a lot better than your suggestion, that he’s worth essentially a 4th round pick at best.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:44 PM   #170
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I don't think it's that far off, respectfully.

I saw PFF suggest Sneed + 5th for #15 + 6th.

That pkg has us keeping #32.
You do that in a heartbeat, you can likely fill both needs.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-06-2024, 05:52 PM   #171
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
how about Sneed to DET for #29, PKG 1st & 3rd to move up for our target and we keep #32?

or Sneed to NYG for #39 or #47 and pkg #32 + 3rd to move up and stand pat with our 2nds?

I wouldn't be shocked if Veach made a big play in the 1st, we have very few holes on our championship roster.

Not clear to me who we'd move up for unless it was Thomas Jr, though.
We keep saying that there are few holes, but I don't think that's true at all.

Tranquill AND Gay are free agents, we have no LT, we have Jones that's either a hole, or a near $30m cap hit, our #1 sub OL is leaving for a chance to start, we have one RB under contract... I'm not saying that the situation is dire, but there's a lot of bodies needed to fill this roster.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 05:52 PM   #172
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

KC ammo
#32 - 590pts
#64 - 270pts
#95 - 120 pts
Sneed - let's say equal to pick #48 - 420pts
#133 - 40pts

Indy ammo
#15 - 1050pts
#46 - 440pts
#82 - 180pts
#118 - 58pts

So, if KC wanted to secure #15, they would need to come up with 1,050 points:
1,050 (#15) - 590(#32) - 420(Sneed) = 40 remaining points, in the Chiefs favor. It just so happens that KC's pick #133 is valued at 40 points.

So a very fair trade would be: Indy's #15 for KC's Sneed, #32, & #133.

If you value Sneed higher than #48, that changes the math a bit.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:01 PM   #173
WhatUneed2Hear

Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote