Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 11-21-2018, 04:43 PM  
Most Valuable Villain

Adrian Peterson is still a shitty human being...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...z4S?li=BBnba9I

In 2014, Adrian Peterson was charged with felony child abuse, entered a plea deal to misdemeanor reckless assault, and was suspended from the NFL for beating his son. In a shocking new interview, Peterson has admitted that he still hits his son with a belt.

Peterson is no longer on probation for the previous abuse case, but his public admission could draw scrutiny from legal authorities. Different states have different laws about parents physically disciplining their children, and it is unclear from the Bleacher Report article where the incident with the belt took place.

Regardless of any legal issues, Peterson could also now face discipline from the NFL, which made clear when Peterson was suspended in 2014 that his reinstatement was dependent upon his agreeing to go through counseling and be a better father to his children.

“The timing of your potential reinstatement will be based on the results of the counseling and treatment program set forth in this decision,” the league told Peterson in a 2014 letter. “Under this two-step approach, the precise length of the suspension will depend on your actions. We are prepared to put in place a program that can help you to succeed, but no program can succeed without your genuine and continuing engagement. You must commit yourself to your counseling and rehabilitative effort, properly care for your children, and have no further violations of law or league policy.”

If the NFL views Peterson hitting his son with a belt as a failure to “properly care for your children,” he could be suspended regardless of whether he faces criminal charges. The NFL has made it clear with past incidents that players can be disciplined under the personal-conduct policy even if they are not criminally charged.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell also told Peterson in a letter that Goodell found it troubling that, “You have shown no meaningful remorse for your conduct.” That Peterson is now openly talking about hitting his son with a belt again suggests no meaningful remorse. Peterson may again find himself sanctioned for hitting his son.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #76
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Paragraphs on parenting!
More like perplexities...

Especially when your kids are 25, 22 & 5.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:29 PM   #77
GDT white noise poster

My dad would get super drunk and punch me in the face when I was 3. But I love him so theres no way it was abuse. My mom shot me in the face and I turned out fine.
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #78
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar View Post
My dad would get super drunk and punch me in the face when I was 3.
....great memory.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:37 PM   #79
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Ya, if that's all you're doing.

Spanking is about timing and the severity of the misbehavior.

And let's not pretend that some kids aren't just flat out stubborn and rebellious, regardless.
I don't disagree at all.

I had this friend who told his kid over and over to stay out of the ****ing street. Over and over. He tried all the other things. The last time she did it was the ONLY TIME he's spanked her, and he told her before 'next time you do that I"m going to whip your butt."

She never tried that shit again.

Life is messy. There is no 'always correct' way to do anything that involves human interaction, but there are things that are always wrong. Like switching a 4 year old until his scrotum is bleeding.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #80
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
I don't disagree at all.

I had this friend who told his kid over and over to stay out of the ****ing street. Over and over. He tried all the other things. The last time she did it was the ONLY TIME he's spanked her, and he told her before 'next time you do that I"m going to whip your butt."

She never tried that shit again.

Life is messy. There is no 'always correct' way to do anything that involves human interaction, but there are things that are always wrong. Like switching a 4 year old until his scrotum is bleeding.
Amen.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:46 PM   #81
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Daddy took the weedeater to my back when I misbehaved and I turned out to be a totally normal CP poster! Always made me put on fresh line before he did it. The memory of sobbing as I was rigging that Stihl up still makes me smile to this day. Because it taught me a lesson!

WTF!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #82
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
There's other ways to teach a kid than a good ass-whoopin'.
No shit. I definitely think some kids just need an ass whooping there. No way around it.

The main issue is that, like everything, some people just take it too far.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #83
MVP

He kept his meeting for a cat o'nine beating
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #84
Snacks Are Under My Apron

I have a ton of patience with my son but sometimes he just don’t get it, so he gets it... Once flat handed right on the ass.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #85
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

I think he went too far with the switch bit I don't really have a problem with the belt. I don't know. He needs to tone down how hard he does it because he's stronger than 90% of people in the world and probably doesn't realize how bad he's really spanking the kid, but I don't think he should have to stop all together just because other people in the world disagree with spankings.
Posted via Mobile Device
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #86
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Daddy took the weedeater to my back when I misbehaved and I turned out to be a totally normal CP poster! Always made me put on fresh line before he did it. The memory of sobbing as I was rigging that Stihl up still makes me smile to this day. Because it taught me a lesson!
Damn. A stihl, too. You know there was no chance you were gonna get lucky and have that mother****er not start or something. They're too damn reliable.

If your dad would have just owned a craftsman, you'd be a much shittier person due to lack of weed eater lashings.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:54 PM   #87
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
No shit. I definitely think some kids just need an ass whooping there. No way around it.

The main issue is that, like everything, some people just take it too far.
This. He took it too far leaving marks and opening skin. That's what the problem is for me. Not that he whooped his kid.
Posted via Mobile Device
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:54 PM   #88
In Search of a Life

I got hit with a paddle by my (old school - southern - kinda racist) stepdad. It sucked. The rule was it happened every time I lied, and it went up one whack each time. I think I made it up to 6 or 7. The only one I really remember is when I lied for absolutely no reason, and knew all day I was going to get paddled at 6pm or so when my stepdad got home.

Who the hell knows how that affected me. I would never hit my kid with anything. I even think yelling - which my real dad did constantly to me and my mom - is a form of child abuse.

However we're basically a generation removed from this being insanely common. And somehow civilization still plowed ahead. Although you could argue that's what's wrong with the baby boomers.

Anyway I'm all for shaming AP into stopping. But I think there are degrees of child abuse.

My stepdad kinda sucked - but he was legitimately doing what he thought would make me a better person. He also taught me my love of the outdoors and how to work for what you want - which I am insanely grateful for. If my work habits were anything remotely like my study habits, I would be the biggest loser you ever met. I completely owe that to his influence in my formative years (8-14 or so). He definitely gave out much better than he got (which was as dysfunctional as you can possibly imagine). To me that's the definition of heart.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #89
Cheat Death

When I'm not holding court in DC on the weekends, I'm giving my kids the attention they need whooping they ass into men.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #90
In Search of a Life

I agree with physical punishment it might save the kid's life (maybe) or when the kid is being aggressive themselves (and big enough to do damage). That's the only time.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.