Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2018, 08:27 AM  
#triggering

NFL MVP... Brees or Mahomes

So, I think the race comes down to these two guys and could honestly support either winning it all. Take away either player and that team is going to suck. One has vastly better stats, one has fewer losses on the season (team stat).

67.5% Completion / 117.9 QBR / 3,628 yards / 37 TD / 10 INT (186 rushing yards / 2 TDs)
76.9% Completion / 126.9 QBR / 2,964 yards / 25 TD / 1 INT (28 rushing yards / 3 TDs)

Both have their teams at the top of their conferences. One is at the end of the road, the other just getting started. Brees has never earned an MVP and is breaking career records left and right.

Are you fine either way... do you feel that Mahomes without question is the MVP over Brees? Maybe this is the ultimate test of "does the leauge really hate KC"?
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #46
In Search of a Life

I would actually give it to Donald at this point but he'll never win it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #47
Special Teams ACE!!!

Any one person who votes for Gurley needs to kill themselves for being so ****ing stupid.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #48
In Search of a Life

Depends what Brees does this week... He has played one less game and this week he will have stats for 11 games, equivalent to Mahomes. If he goes 4 TD's - 0 picks that makes him the front runner. If he throws a couple of picks it will be closer.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #49
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

I think Pat pulls back ahead if one of two, or both, things happen:

- he gets 51+ TD’s (passes Brady’s best season, 2nd place all time if under 55)
- he throws 8 TD’s in a game (sets record for most in a game, can do it against Raiders)

I think he sits week 17 against the Raiders which limits his games to 4. He’ll need to average 4 per game to hit 51.

- Raiders 3-8 TD’s - we could let off the gas and run a lot when we have the lead.
- Chargers 3-5 TD’s - could be another shootout
- Ravens 2-4 TD’s - meh
- Seahawks 2-4 TD’s - meh
- Raiders (May sit out)

Best case, 58 TD’s and most all time. Worst case, 47 TD’s.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #50
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I'm glad the Todd Gurley for MVP talk has subsided.

This is down to 3 candidates IMHO.

Patrick Mahomes
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck

I think the next month separates them.
Andrew Luck? Dafuq?

He'll get come back player of the year and be happy with it.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #51
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Andrew Luck? Dafuq?

He'll get come back player of the year and be happy with it.
If you think anybody is beating J.J. Watt for comeback player of the year.....you're mistaken.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #52
In Search of a Life

Right now it would have to be Drew Brees, but Pat certainly isn't out of the mix.

His great OL helps a lot, but dang you gotta appreciate what the dude is doing at 39.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #53
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
Guy is on pace for 53 TDs and 5200 yards and might not get MVP. Thats crazy to me.

Welcome to the "new" NFL. I saw a tweet that only six guys in NFL history had ____ yards and ___ TDs by Game 10 and each had won the NFL MVP that year.

Goff and Mahomes BOTH had those stats when they met last Monday, and that wasn't even counting Brees' sick season (I think Brees didn't meet the yardage number but don't recall).

It's a sick all-offense world now. All the old records for scoring, TDs, passing, receiving etc. should fall within the current generation, except maybe Rice's lifetime numbers.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #54
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
Because you are Patriots scum and should **** off for eternity!!!!! Thank u

I'll take that under advisement.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:33 AM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Right now it would have to be Drew Brees, but Pat certainly isn't out of the mix.

His great OL helps a lot, but dang you gotta appreciate what the dude is doing at 39.
I also appreciate that a 23 year old leads the league in touchdowns and yards
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #56
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
Sick as Mahomes season has been, I think it's Brees. 25/1 TD/INT ratio is better than 37/10. Would you trade 12 more TDs for 9 more picks? Yeah, didn't think so.

Plus he'll get the nostalgia vote, if Brees seriously has never won MVP. How that's possible I have no idea, but yeah, that will seal it. Everyone will say Mahomes is young and will have plenty more chances. It's not fair, but it's reality. All else being equal, it will be the tie breaker though I don't see it as equal right now. Still plenty of football left this season though.
Except 3 of those picks were essentially hail marys. LOL. The Saints have basically never been in a hail mary position all season. Not surprising Brees doesn't have any of those garbage time picks. All Qbs have those. Rodgers/Manning/Brady. Not sure why Mahomes is getting penalized for that.

And even if all 10 were poor in-game decisions, 10 ints is still ridiculously low for someone who leads the league in passing yards. Go look up the passing yardage kings all these years. Almost no one has fewer ints than Mahomes does.

As far as completion percentage, yes Brees is killing it but Mahomes isn't shabby himself at almost 68%. Considering Brees has 60 plus fewer passing attempts, of course, his completion percentage will be inflated. That's basically equivalent to Mahomes having to play almost 2 more games than Brees. So, of course, Mahomes percentage will be hurt because of variance and Brees percentage will be better.

Ironically I am of the mindset that the lifetime award aspect of this conversation actually hurts Brees here. If Brees never winning an MVP is weighted into this conversation then I am weighing the fact that Mahomes is essentially a rookie vs Brees and of course because of that it's way easier for Brees to do what he's doing after 15 whatever years of experience than it is for Mahomes to be doing this. I don't buy the, "he's young, he'll have other chances...." MVP years are specifically designed to recognize abnormal playing years. Mahomes year is 10x more abnormal considering Mahomes age and experience than Brees not throwing picks as a 15-year vet.

Look at Cam Newton/Rodgers/Matt Ryan/ none of them had a year quite like their MVP seasons. There is no evidence Mahomes will catch lightning in a bottle again. Defenses were not planning for Mahomes until well after his 14-0 TD to int ratio start. If I was voting no way I vote Brees.
Mahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutMahomer is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 11-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #57
Supporter

I have always been a fan of Drew Brees. He has had a great career. It's hard to believe that he has never been league MVP. But it's always been like it is this year. His greatest seasons have been not quite as good as a career year by another great. Most years, Brees would be hands down the MVP. Who could have imagined that a first year starter would be on Pace for a 50 TD season? I'll be disappointed if Mahomes doesn't win it. But I'll still be happy for Brees.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:44 AM   #58
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Well, I'm biased...but I say Mahomes is Offensive Player of the Year and Brees gets the MVP out of tenure alone...

But honestly, I could give a **** less about indiviual honors; I want that SB.
I think this is how it probably goes. Next month could change things.
Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.Shaid is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #59
Admitted Planet Junky

Brees.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:50 AM   #60
Baba Ganoush

1. Mahomes

2. Brees

3. Hunter

4. Gurley

5. Donald

/thread
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.