Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2018, 08:27 AM  
#triggering

NFL MVP... Brees or Mahomes

So, I think the race comes down to these two guys and could honestly support either winning it all. Take away either player and that team is going to suck. One has vastly better stats, one has fewer losses on the season (team stat).

67.5% Completion / 117.9 QBR / 3,628 yards / 37 TD / 10 INT (186 rushing yards / 2 TDs)
76.9% Completion / 126.9 QBR / 2,964 yards / 25 TD / 1 INT (28 rushing yards / 3 TDs)

Both have their teams at the top of their conferences. One is at the end of the road, the other just getting started. Brees has never earned an MVP and is breaking career records left and right.

Are you fine either way... do you feel that Mahomes without question is the MVP over Brees? Maybe this is the ultimate test of "does the leauge really hate KC"?
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
left blank intentionally

Well, I'm biased...but I say Mahomes is Offensive Player of the Year and Brees gets the MVP out of tenure alone...

But honestly, I could give a **** less about indiviual honors; I want that SB.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
MVP

Unless Brees has a meltdown, he'll win MVP.
As much as I want Mahomes to win it, his interception totals (including a 5 turnover night against the Rams) pretty much killed his opportunity.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:35 AM   #4
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
Unless Brees has a meltdown, he'll win MVP.
As much as I want Mahomes to win it, his interception totals (including a 5 turnover night against the Rams) pretty much killed his opportunity.
5 games left if he sets the TD record he is MVP, especially if he stays 12-14 TDs ahead of Brees.

I still think we could possibly clinch HFA before week 17 and he sits a game or part of one.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #5
Supporter

It is going to be similar to the 98 Super Bowl that Elway was gifted on his way out.
Many of the talking heads were saying he was the best QB ever not to have won a Super Bowl. Just like they are talking about Brees now, not having won an MVP.
Cooking spray anyone?

Seriously though, unless Brees shits the bed, the 5 turnover game probably ended it for Mahomes.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #6
11-5, baby

Mahomies should win it, Brees will win it.

Career valediction > insane production
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:42 AM   #7
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
It is going to be similar to the 98 Super Bowl that Elway was gifted on his way out.
Many of the talking heads were saying he was the best QB ever not to have won a Super Bowl. Just like they are talking about Brees now, not having won an MVP.
Cooking spray anyone?

Seriously though, unless Brees shits the bed, the 5 turnover game probably ended it for Mahomes.
I dunno... if PM approaches 50 TDs which is totally plausible, I think he can get it. Both playing great right now, 1 INT is pretty wild.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #8
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Cooking spray anyone?

5 turnover game but he still has a commanding lead in TD's. If turnovers were a real factor in all of this Favre would have never won an MVP.

Whats crazy is Brees completion %.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #9
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
I dunno... if PM approaches 50 TDs which is totally plausible, I think he can get it. Both playing great right now, 1 INT is pretty wild.
5 games to get 13 TDs with 2 games against the Raiders? He should blow past 50.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #10
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
5 games to get 13 TDs with 2 games against the Raiders? He should blow past 50.
Totally agree.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #11
Thank you

MAHOMES BICH
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #12
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

I think it goes to brees since he has never won it

If mahomes would have had a game winning drive I would be less convinced about brees
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #13
Diablo Negro

Imagine has someone told us before the season that this would be Mahomes total for the entire season 37/10.

Most people would have said hell yea.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #14
I'm with the banned.

Having seen five minutes of Mahomes this season and zero minutes of Brees, I’d have to vote Mahomes. I saw the left handed pass, so I’ll give it to him for that play alone. And from what I can gather from people who pay far more attention, Brees has the handicap (handicap when it comes to MVP, anyway) of playing for the better team.
ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:56 AM   #15
I’m a Mahomo!

I'm glad the Todd Gurley for MVP talk has subsided.

This is down to 3 candidates IMHO.

Patrick Mahomes
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck

I think the next month separates them.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.