Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-18-2018, 02:30 PM  
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

PSVue freezing constantly on Amazon Fire TV

Anybody else seeing this problem? Seems like if you are on a channel for awhile, it freezes, or goes to a blank gray screen or gets jittery as hell. A reboot of the device seems to fix it for awhile, but it comes back. At least once a day I've been rebooting. Google search indicates that this was a problem for some back in September.

I have had PSVue for about a year with no real problems until the last 2 weeks. I'm watching the Dallas\Falcons game and it's doing it constantly...

just curious. Pisses me off...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
Ain't no relax!

Got enough free space on the device? Might be running out of cache.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Got enough free space on the device? Might be running out of cache.
I don't save anything to it, so I assume yes...I'll look into that though.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Seems it had about 6.7 MB of casche and I cleared that. Not sure if that's alot or not, but we'll see.

I've recently been streaming all my local TV on that app, so it's happening on all my TV's just in this last week. I'll clear them all and see. If so, looks like a regular maintenance thing to do huh?
Old 11-18-2018, 02:47 PM   #5
Ain't no relax!

Streaming apps use some of the hard drive free space for caching video. If you are really low on free space, it can't cache the video correctly and will cause performance issues. But it's really only noticeable when you're low on space, it's not something you should have to do on a regular basis. The cache will clear itself when the device is working properly.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #6
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Streaming apps use some of the hard drive free space for caching video. If you are really low on free space, it can't cache the video correctly and will cause performance issues. But it's really only noticeable when you're low on space, it's not something you should have to do on a regular basis. The cache will clear itself when the device is working properly.
Well, it has like 6GB of space, only 3 is being used, so I'd assume it's not that. Makes sense though, thanks for the tip. I'm thinking it's PSVue. It never happens on Netflix or Amazon Video.