Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 12-07-2017, 08:30 PM  
The Boom Boom Room

Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Movie Will Be R-Rated; Zeroing in on Writer

http://collider.com/quentin-tarantin...mpression=true

The Curious Case of Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek Movie keeps getting weirder and weirder. The news itself was the first off-the-wall idea, with word breaking earlier this week that Tarantino had pitched an idea for a Star Trek movie to producer J.J. Abrams, who sparked to the pitch and quickly made this official. A writers room was assembled incredibly quickly, and Tarantino spent hours with scribes Mark L. Smith (The Revenant), Lindsey Beer (Chaos Walking), and Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3) to kick around ideas on how to tackle Tarantino’s approach.

Per Deadline, Smith is currently the frontrunner to land the job, but the bigger news is that this Star Trek movie will be R-rated. This was a condition of Tarantino being involved, and one that both Abrams and Paramount agreed to. It’s a first for the franchise, but Paramount is in something of a bind as the series has yet to really take off the way it had hoped at the box office, so clearly they’ve sparked to this left-field idea of having Quentin Freaking Tarantino direct it.

There’s no guarantee Tarantino will direct this movie, but the idea is for the winning scribe to work on the screenplay while the Inglourious Basterds filmmaker shoots his next movie next summer. If the script is to Tarantino’s liking, he’ll direct this Star Trek movie.

Now, Tarantino has been pretty adamant about the fact that he’s only making 10 films and then he’s retiring. His 1969-set Manson Murders drama that he’s shooting next summer is #9, which would make Star Trek #10 if he indeed makes it. Would he stick to his retirement plan? Would Quentin Tarantino really go out directing a blockbuster written by someone other than himself? I have a hard time believing it, so my guess is A. Tarantino simply produces and/or gets a “Story By” credit and someone else directs this movie or B. Tarantino makes one more original movie after Trek.

Regardless, this whole thing is kind of insane and it’s moving really fast. Tarantino usually takes quite a bit of time between projects, but thus far everything about this Star Trek movie has been atypical for the Oscar-winning writer/director. We’ll likely hear more soon, but what do you think about an R-rated Star Trek movie folks?
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:13 AM   #46
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
About ten years ago I was recording a VO for a Tv campaign at a recording studio in Studio City/Hollywood. Walking back to my car after the session a guy who looked like a fat Quentin Tarantino came walking down the sidewalk towards me talking to another guy.

He gets closer and I realize it's actually him. He says bye to the other guy and j-walks across (4-lanes) Ventura Boulevard. Walking kind of funny almost limping.

He walks up to a late 1970's American sedan parked at the curb (like a Ford Torino or Monte Carlo type car) he opens the trunk, pulls out a gallon plastic jug containing some kind of liquid (hooch of some sort, I gathered) and takes a huge swig. Puts it back in the trunk, and gets in and pulls away.

It was like he was a character in one of his own movies.
That sounds like something he would do. Thanks for sharing.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #47
My Mamma Says

Captain Kirk " Say what one more time mother****er!"
Klingon Captain "What??!!"
Captain Kirk and Spock blow the Klingon apart with Fasers...
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #48
In Search of a Life

"Are you sure it isnt time for a colorful metaphor Admiral?"
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #49
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Please Jesus god no Samuel L. In this movie.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:48 PM   #50
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
"Are you sure it isnt time for a colorful metaphor Admiral?"

I ****ing love you sometimes.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:50 PM   #51
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
He walks up to a late 1970's American sedan parked at the curb (like a Ford Torino or Monte Carlo type car) he opens the trunk, pulls out a gallon plastic jug containing some kind of liquid (hooch of some sort, I gathered) and takes a huge swig. Puts it back in the trunk, and gets in and pulls away.
And then this music played:

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #52
I'll be back.

It's a pity Disney had no balls and didn't get Tarantino to do the Han Solo film.

Because THAT would have rocked.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #53
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
It's a pity Disney had no balls and didn't get Tarantino to do the Han Solo film.

It would have made much more sense than what they did.

Tarantino would have shot first...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #54
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Please Jesus god no Samuel L. In this movie.
He could play Mace Windu in an alternative universe story.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
He could play Mace Windu in an alternative universe story.
I'd actually love him to do a brief cameo. Sitting in a red shirt in 10 Forward, surrounded by a small group of new crew, worried about their first mission. Then the grizzly old veteran dives into a Tarantion monologue...

SLJ: "See this red shirt? See this black skin? Ain't nothing but a mother****in' death sentence. You wanna live? You gotta be smart. You do not EVER leave this mother****in' ship! You hear what I'm saying?! You NEVER get off the boat! No matter what the port or planet, you DO NOT leave this mother****ing ship!"

SLJ: "See here. I got this mother ****er figured out. I'm on my very last tour and then I'm done with a sweet ass pension and pimped out ride I built from parts smuggled outta the shuttle bay. The key is, you got ta find a job that they will NEVER EVER need on an away mission. Why do you think I joined the sanitation crew? Bitch I got 16 degrees and 4 nobel prizes. I clean toilets cuz it keeps me alive, never leaving this ship."

SLJ: "You think I like cleaning toilets? You see what them blue folk eat? Maaaannn those mother****ers clog up the pipes all over the ship. And the Captain?! That bald ass mother****er shits out a brown stew you can smell 3 decks away plugs shit up like cement. ****. Cleaning toilets for almost 40 years on this bitch. One last..."

PA: "Crewman Jackson, please report to transport room A for an away mission. Crewman Jackson, please report to transporter room A for an away mission."
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:41 AM   #56
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, M*therfucker.”
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:57 AM   #57

Found this interview with Tarantino where he goes full Star Trek nerd. Maybe he does chose Star Trek as his last movie?

https://youtu.be/rzNnfKT6IrM
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:44 AM   #58
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Found this interview with Tarantino where he goes full Star Trek nerd. Maybe he does chose Star Trek as his last movie?

https://youtu.be/rzNnfKT6IrM
I really hope he does one Star Trek movie. Would most likely be the best one ever made.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #59
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
First time the N word will be used predominantly in a scifi space movie....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
How many times will they drop the N word in space?
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #60

Taratino said on a comedians podcast that he already has a serialized 8 episode story arc written and done for his first TV project after his 10th and final movie is done.