Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Is the NFL and its refs out to "get us"?
Yes 52 30.95%
No 72 42.86%
Maybe 36 21.43%
Gaz says your a conspiracy nutcase 8 4.76%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 07:47 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

Is the NFL and its refs out to "get us"?

You conspiracy nuts need to stop this crap.The game wasn't fixed. This poor old me routine on here is getting old.

The NFL loves the Chiefs and Mahomes. They are the exact team they want playing in the NFL. GMF is nothing but a Mahomes lovefest every morning. All of the NFL network shows tout Mahomes and the Chiefs offense. They flexed us into two straight weeks on SNF. Its so obvious other teams fans are bitching about the constant Mahomes/Chiefs love fest.But, they are out to get us?

Another one is the NFL doesnt want a small market winning the SB. Are these conspiracy nuts paying attention? Small markets don't matter if your the big dog. Rogers in GB, Manning in Indy, Hello....evidence you can see with your own eyes.

With all this evidence we can see on a daily basis, somehow you get the idea that the NFL wants the Chiefs to lose. That makes no sense. They are not out to "get us". The NFL is promoting the shit out of us on a daily basis. This conspiracy BS is just that, BS.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #391
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Yeah, just a touch... so did that happen 13 times? I can see missing one, but surely 13 is an exaggeration
Just a touch is a heck of an advantage, especially when it is ok to tackle the Defensive rusher.

This old man noticed it at least a half dozen times live and GoChiefs is kind of an expert at reviewing the video and doing some crazy stuff with it, so I would lean towards agreeing with him until proven otherwise.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 11-21-2018, 03:58 PM   #392
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
This was supposedly their best officials...and they were winking at players and missing crucial calls against one team and making some up against another..

How people can rationalize such a shitty officiated game is beyond me...it was an abortion.
Rainman ran the numbers, pretty impressive. I believe he said the odds of one team getting ten penalties before the other team gets one is 1024 to 1.

It was just a special night I guess, after all, Santa Claus will be coming to town soon if you are good.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #393
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Just a touch is a heck of an advantage, especially when it is ok to tackle the Defensive rusher.

This old man noticed it at least a half dozen times live and GoChiefs is kind of an expert at reviewing the video and doing some crazy stuff with it, so I would lean towards agreeing with him until proven otherwise.

I said to my Wife on Monday night - after about 5 minutes into the first - "I see what the hell is happening tonight".....

Again (and for the 500th time for the cheap seats) I do NOT believe that there is wholesale rigging of NFL games. But Monday night? The NFL owners were setting up LA for the "long term"....

Now, don't get me wrong. The future is EXTREMELY bright for the Chiefs! I truly believe that the Football gods smiled down from on high and placed their hands upon the people at One Arrowhead Drive and told them - "My sons and daughters, it has been long enough. Thou SHALT have a good QB for the next 10 years (at least)"

Mahomes is a special kid.....and whats more - the NFL knows it - FINALLY.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #394
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
I said to my Wife on Monday night - after about 5 minutes into the first - "I see what the hell is happening tonight".....

Again (and for the 500th time for the cheap seats) I do NOT believe that there is wholesale rigging of NFL games. But Monday night? The NFL owners were setting up LA for the "long term"....

Now, don't get me wrong. The future is EXTREMELY bright for the Chiefs! I truly believe that the Football gods smiled down from on high and placed their hands upon the people at One Arrowhead Drive and told them - "My sons and daughters, it has been long enough. Thou SHALT have a good QB for the next 10 years (at least)"

Mahomes is a special kid.....and whats more - the NFL knows it - FINALLY.
Yeah, I agree on the rigging comment but the poll was so flawed with options that I picked the one that was closest to the reality I have seen from watching this team for 48 years.

I told people the morning of the game what was going to happen, almost exactly. One of them is a huge Fantasy Football player and blown away the next day after the game by how close my prediction was to correct. Now Fish will be along to call it "battered fan syndrome" but I call it experience.

You know what? I didn't even get mad, it was entertaining and fully expected. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

What did piss me off was how they allowed Mahomes to get beat up, well beyond what they have been calling all season for roughing the passer. Where in the **** were those damn flags?

For those that think Mahomes is going to change things for our team, I hope you are right but Monday was not evidence of it the way he was treated.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #395
MVP

Can't wait to seal the 1 seed and go from there. **** THAT NIGHT! I hope we see the again.
ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #396
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I agree on the rigging comment but the poll was so flawed with options that I picked the one that was closest to the reality I have seen from watching this team for 48 years.

I told people the morning of the game what was going to happen, almost exactly. One of them is a huge Fantasy Football player and blown away the next day after the game by how close my prediction was to correct. Now Fish will be along to call it "battered fan syndrome" but I call it experience.

You know what? I didn't even get mad, it was entertaining and fully expected. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

What did piss me off was how they allowed Mahomes to get beat up, well beyond what they have been calling all season for roughing the passer. Where in the **** were those damn flags?

For those that think Mahomes is going to change things for our team, I hope you are right but Monday was not evidence of it the way he was treated.
Can't disagree with any of your statement. What I "see" happening is in the near future is that Hunt will go to the NFL and complain that Mahomes is taking hits that most other QBs are drawing flags for (and we've all seen them).

There is not a team in the NFL that wants to see their "higher tier" players (QBs) hurt and a backup playing. Not one. That's why these ridiculous "rules" are constantly changing to protect their "investments".

Monday Night? It was Goff that they were looking out for a little more than Mahomes. Hell, he's a kid....he can take a few hits, right?

Honestly, on that sack of Goff (4th quarter) I was ASTOUNDED that they didn't throw multiple flags on the D....
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:28 PM   #397
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Can't disagree with any of your statement. What I "see" happening is in the near future is that Hunt will go to the NFL and complain that Mahomes is taking hits that most other QBs are drawing flags for (and we've all seen them).

There is not a team in the NFL that wants to see their "higher tier" players (QBs) hurt and a backup playing. Not one. That's why these ridiculous "rules" are constantly changing to protect their "investments".

Monday Night? It was Goff that they were looking out for a little more than Mahomes. Hell, he's a kid....he can take a few hits, right?

Honestly, on that sack of Goff (4th quarter) I was ASTOUNDED that they didn't throw multiple flags on the D....
Mahomes had his bell rang, that is for sure. Mahomes is young and tough as heck, but he is still human. I have been hoping to see an announcement for that ****ing Suh getting a 100k fine like he did previously.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:01 PM   #398
He's Mahomie!

If we were playing Indy or Jax, we would have had half those penalties. They're not just out to get us but to help the big market teams.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:42 PM   #399
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultamine View Post
I have always been impressed at how tightly and correctly false starts or offsides are called (except for lining up in the neutral zone which is generally overlooked when its the offensive player.) That makes the non-calls against the Rams right tackle even more egregious and whatever the 'truth' is, it does not pass the smell test. I called the last false start out even before the ball hit Goff's hands, and then turned my hoarse lamentations to the choke hold on Ford, all to no avail. Still a great game, of course, but put an asterisk next to it like so many other Chiefs losses involving mysterious bad calls or non-calls. Win by 20 next time, boys, or prepare to be disappointed.

Tilting games does not have to be an open conspiracy, and I believe for the most part it remains unspoken of except in the most oblique manner. Imagine a narrative for this game, "We would like you to be part of this special crew to go into LA and officiate. The area has been through so much with the shooting and wildfires and the Rams are trying to regain their footing as well, so if you have any concerns about going in there we understand, its a completely voluntary assignment." And it really does not even need that much discussion. As others have mentioned, referees can read between the story lines (and some are clearly more literate than others!) and know the ultimate goal of the NFL (hereafter to be referred to as the National Financial League) is making money. They can figure out how to call the game from there. No smoking guns are likely to be found, and certainly no referee in their right mind, except maybe at death's door, is going to confess.

Yo Jackson County and greater KC metropolitan area denizens, although I reveled when voters rejected the massive public expenditure for a roof at Arrowhead, such public insolence towards the NFL does not help the Chiefs get elevated to one of the favored teams when it comes to being on the right side of tilted games. Maybe ditch the arrowhead logo and adopt Goodell's image instead and see how fortune may smile upon the Chiefs, then, ha!
Good first post. And yes, the officials are probably well aware of the NFL's #1 priority. Nobody should fool themselves, the NFL has NPC teams, and we're one of them. And the owner of this NPC team doesn't care, he makes the same guaranteed coin that the other non-NPC owners make. And winning a SB isn't pri-1 for him.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #400
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
So, you're telling me that if a whistle blower came forward with proof of NFL mandated "fixing" or "tilting" of games, that nobody would report on it. You understand that there are literally hundreds of media outlets not controlled by the major networks. The public being shown that the NFL fixes games or tries to control outcomes would be devastating to the league. The risk of that happening far outweighs any profits that could be gained by these actions. The NFL makes huge sums of money without manipulating their product. Why in the world would they risk losing it all?
Regardless of the side you're on you only have to look at the "major networks", to use your term, and political coverage to see what bias/slanting/ignoring of facts can do to affect public perception. It's not a stretch to think that the NFL/ESPN can have a similar effect to football.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:28 AM   #401
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
So, you're telling me that if a whistle blower came forward with proof of NFL mandated "fixing" or "tilting" of games, that nobody would report on it. You understand that there are literally hundreds of media outlets not controlled by the major networks. The public being shown that the NFL fixes games or tries to control outcomes would be devastating to the league. The risk of that happening far outweighs any profits that could be gained by these actions. The NFL makes huge sums of money without manipulating their product. Why in the world would they risk losing it all?
One last time,you should read this book.Maybe it changes your mind,maybe it doesn't or maybe it at least gives you some insight to watch Vegas spreads and totals a little closer and compare to the games.

If nothing else listen to the first minute below and the Dick Butkus story.

Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #402
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Mahomes had his bell rang, that is for sure. Mahomes is young and tough as heck, but he is still human. I have been hoping to see an announcement for that ****ing Suh getting a 100k fine like he did previously.
Isn't he the same POS who stomped a mother****er's nuts in a Thanksgiving game a couple years ago?

Donkeykong Suh?

Why is he even still allowed on the field?
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #403
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
One last time,you should read this book.Maybe it changes your mind,maybe it doesn't or maybe it at least gives you some insight to watch Vegas spreads and totals a little closer and compare to the games.

If Dick Butkus can't convince him, no one will.

Intelligence defined by Merriam-Webster :

Quote:
Definition of intelligence. 1a(1) : the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations : reason also : the skilled use of reason
LoneWolf has proven incapable of having the ability to learn or understand or deal with the fact that the NFL manipulates the onfield product via the refs.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #404
He's Mahomie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post

Wow! Gotta get that e-Book.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #405
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Isn't he the same POS who stomped a mother****er's nuts in a Thanksgiving game a couple years ago?

Donkeykong Suh?

Why is he even still allowed on the field?

DonkeyKong Suh......

Closed Thread