Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6376
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5976
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6375
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6298
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #1366
Indian Twitter

Smoked a bone in Pork Butt yesterday so we could enjoy it tonight with the game. Wife is going to make some Coleslaw.

When I smoked the butt I used an apple tree log that was probably over 6" in diameter and 19" long. Placed it in the firebox with an old piece of oak from my Red Oak out back, some Pecan and some Cherry. Smothered it all in flaming charcoals and had one heck of fire. The big apple log had a nice long burn. 6lb butt was done in 6 hours or so and pulled apart perfectly.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #1367
Mostly Ignored

Anybody own a Pit Boss pellet smoker? Anybody have any thoughts on them? Worth a buy?
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #1368
MVP

2 butt roasts I donated for a fund raising dinner for my local bike co-op . Prep was done in a pizza joints commercial kitchen and cooked in the parking lot on a 23" Weber kettle for 5 hours. They were wrapped in foil (falling apart) and back onto the Weber at low heat for about 2 hours (pull about 8EST) then rested for an hour. Dinner is about 9.

I will try to get pics before pulling. Hi temp, quick cook butts never has the same look (or taste) as a 12-14 hour cook.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:25 PM   #1369
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Got some GrillGrates, too. Gonna sous vide some KC strips for the game Monday, get the grates ridiculously hot, and sear the **** of of them.
Do you like them? The best thing I have used so far were the stainless grates from a seen better days Ducane grill but always wanted some bad ass grill marks and Ducane doesn't do that.

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #1370
MVP

2 butt roasts I donated for a fund raising dinner fow my local bike co-op . Prep was done in a pizza joints commercial kitchen and cooked in the parking lot on a 23" Weber kettle for 5 hours. They were wrapped in foil (falling apart) and back onto the Weber at low heat for about 2 hours (pull about 8EST) then rested for an hour. Dinner is about 9.

I will try to get pics before pulling. Hi temp, quick cook butts never has the same look (or taste) as a 12-14 hour cook.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #1371
MVP

Old 12-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #1372
EvOlVeD

this new job i have landed, there are about 10 boilermakers that will be ripe for some extra cash. we buy/sell steel pipe.

i am finally going to get the smoker i have always wanted.

now i just need to figure the design i want. i will mock something up, but if ya'll wanna throw ideas... bombs away.

absolute minimum diameter will be 28 inch....

probably something like this:

won't be until about february tho, but i am okay with that... got a few bills to catch up on from being off work so long
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:03 AM   #1373
MVP

I am a fan of a big reverse offset smoker, as shown.

The best feature I've seen is a hitch under the fire box so you can use a pull bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
this new job i have landed, there are about 10 boilermakers that will be ripe for some extra cash. we buy/sell steel pipe.

now i just need to figure the design i want. i will mock something up, but if ya'll wanna throw ideas... bombs away.

won't be until about february tho, but i am okay with that... got a few bills to catch up on from being off work so long
Old 12-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #1374
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

gonna give a throw at smoking some cheese tomorrow.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #1375
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post

Why so big is it for competition planning to sell Q or pig roast? I love offset smokers but they are notorious fuel hogs and you need be on constant fire watch during the whole smoke.

Been watching Franklin build his massive smokers on ewwtube havn't you.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #1376
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Why so big is it for competition planning to sell Q or pig roast? I love offset smokers but they are notorious fuel hogs and you need be on constant fire watch during the whole smoke.

Been watching Franklin build his massive smokers on ewwtube havn't you.
It's a reverse offset
Old 12-07-2018, 04:50 PM   #1377
Fight, build, win!

Yeah that just calms the hotspots and some think makes them even more inefficient. I converted my OK Joe to reverse offset because it was the in thing. Then I found I liked it as original configuration. You have a lot of real estate to work with so when you fire it up its not just a one protein smoke. I could cook a brisket at a higher heat near the firebox ribs towards the middle and sausage furthest from firebox near the vent stack. Thats actually kinda nice and I missed it and sold it.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #1378
In Search of a Life

So I put down some coin on a 21 day aged prime rib roast for Christmas dinner at my place this year

I’ve done prime rib before but wanna try something different this year. Someone give me some tips on grilling it or maybe reverse searing it
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #1379
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So I put down some coin on a 21 day aged prime rib roast for Christmas dinner at my place this year

I’ve done prime rib before but wanna try something different this year. Someone give me some tips on grilling it or maybe reverse searing it
I just did a couple 21 day ribeyes for the rams game. The guy behind the counter said pull them earlier than I usually would. I did and he was right. But that's all I got
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #1380
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
I just did a couple 21 day ribeyes for the rams game. The guy behind the counter said pull them earlier than I usually would. I did and he was right. But that's all I got
I’m wanting to do the whole thing like a prime rib so I’m not sure if I can do it like that or not.

Gonna have to research

Or just ask cp lol
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.