Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-20-2020, 06:49 PM  
MVP

LED light bulb failure

Has anyone had early failure of LED bulbs? Lights of America sold crappy LED bulbs a few years ago. They failed in the first couple of years. The FTC took action.

I bought quality LED bulbs and just had a 2nd failure within one year. These are supposed to last years and years.

Anyone else having issues? Just curious. Maybe I bought a bad batch from a good company.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:49 PM   #2
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Has anyone had early failure of LED bulbs? Lights of America sold crappy LED bulbs a few years ago. They failed in the first couple of years. The FTC took action.

I bought quality LED bulbs and just had a 2nd failure within one year. These are supposed to last years and years.

Anyone else having issues? Just curious. Maybe I bought a bad batch from a good company.
No experience on my end, but should warranty cover said situation?
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:50 PM   #3
Shaken. Not stirred.

I've had enough fail within a year that I put dates on them now.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:59 PM   #4
Supporter

21 years means 21 months. Or less.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #5
Cheat Death

Dumbass
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:07 PM   #6
Emporer of Mongo

led fixtures are getting pretty cheap. If youre handy enough to deal with a couple wires, changing the fixture is better....too many problems with the LED conversion bulbs.....
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:09 PM   #7
Banned

How long are they supposed to last? Planned obsolescence is just that.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:12 PM   #8
It was not a fair catch

should have lasted longer than that. Some do just give out. See if there is a warranty
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:12 PM   #9
Seeking the Truth daily

all shit from what I have seen
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:19 PM   #10
Herm is the worst...horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
led fixtures are getting pretty cheap. If youre handy enough to deal with a couple wires, changing the fixture is better....too many problems with the LED conversion bulbs.....
I agree...BUT...the fixtures fail about as often as the bulbs as well. I've had 2 of 5 start strobe-lighting me over the last year. The idea they last for as long as they say is a farce. However...they DO save on energy. Putting a date on the fixtures is a fantastic idea. I think I'll start doing that.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:20 PM   #11
The Maintenance Guy

I've had a couple fail but overall I've had pretty good luck with them. They're definitely better than those garbage CFTs that were being foisted on to us a decade ago.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:00 PM   #12
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan View Post
I agree...BUT...the fixtures fail about as often as the bulbs as well. :
Hmm. Not from my experience at all. We started changing fixtures at my work for this reason. Ive seen dozens of them changed in the last 5 years of all types. Interior,, exterior, work/shop lights.

Only had about 2 of them go out. One was right away, defective out of the box. The other im not sure what happened. But the early failure rate on the fixtures isn't even close to the failure rate of conversion bulbs. Im thinking like 1% versus 75+%
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:05 PM   #13
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I bought quality LED bulbs and just had a 2nd failure within one year.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #14
Turning the Corner

I’ve had a number of T8 size led bulbs fail. I buy from Amazon and just let them know. They send me new ones.

Due to the nature of manufacturing, this is bound to happen. Keeping track of where you buy it is a pain for sure.

I buy 4 or 8 at a time because I want the bulbs to match. This somewhat makes it easier cause I always know where I bought em.

The new ones are pretty slick. They can handle a ballast or no ballast and it’s easy to rewire tombstones if you need to.

Sure beats fluorescents or the dreaded compact fluorescents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Groves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliGroves 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-05-2022, 05:56 PM   #15
MVP

The problem continues and it doesn't seem to matter the brand.

The bulbs in question are used daily and for several hours. I'm getting about 10% of the "expected" life in 1 of 5-ish bulbs.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.