Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2023, 01:02 PM   #13336
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I see a rally for the 1st quarter of 2023.

Pessimism all over and tax selling done. Too much money on sidelines with so many stocks beaten down into oblivion.
So far so good. Expect it to continue into February
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:25 AM   #13337
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
So far so good. Expect it to continue into February
I think the FOMC meeting February 1st and the real kicker. We could really see a market rally if they back off the rate hikes for a while. If not, this could have been just another small rally in a bear market.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:29 AM   #13338
Mod Team

It's been a very pattered bear market too. The ups and downs haven't been as choppy as expected.

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:42 PM   #13339
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Here's the long overview. Generally, the bottom of a bear market isn't found until capitulation happens. On a chart, this is vertical selling. See the previous examples of this. If capitulation happens we could see a bottom around 325-300. I also find it interesting that the recent peaks of each down wave follow a very consistent trend line. Meanwhile, I am thinking what assets to acquire. Beatmarket helps me a lot with that with sensible recommendations.

I believe that we could go even below 300.

Last edited by Kopinto; 03-02-2023 at 07:03 AM..
Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-11-2023, 10:49 PM   #13340
Politically Incorrect

The rotation back into tech has been spectacular. Some are up 100% from the lows from late last year.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:04 PM   #13341
Mod Team

Alright, I have found what I will be parking our emergency savings fund in, that is easily accessible but offers more than a savings account doing nothing.

TBIL which is an ETF. Easier than actually buying T bills from the treasury itself, which seems less liquid. This is in my TD Ameritrade account.

Should yield 4.37% currently (will go higher) and with no risk. It's an ETF so it trades just like a stock at any moment. Hope this help someone out who doesn't want to just park their emergency money is something that returns nothing or isn't liquid enough to access like a CD.

https://www.thestreet.com/etffocus/d...-yield-t-bills

Last edited by lewdog; 02-21-2023 at 08:21 PM..
Old 02-21-2023, 08:32 PM   #13342
MVP

There are online banks paying 4.5%+ for a simple savings account. FDIC insured.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:47 PM   #13343
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
There are online banks paying 4.5%+ for a simple savings account. FDIC insured.
Link some?

Only ones I’ve seen you have to do all these transactions and such a month. And those were for 3.75%.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:58 PM   #13344
Fish are scared of me

QYLD pays a 13.05% Dividend and pays monthly

It's a covered call ETF
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:00 PM   #13345
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Link some?

Only ones I’ve seen you have to do all these transactions and such a month. And those were for 3.75%.
Today I just put a bit of money into a 1-year CD for 5.0 percent and also a 5-year CD for 5.0 percent. I can't figure out how to link them, but they're

JPMORGAN CHASE BK N A CD 5.00000% 02/28/2024 (1 year)
BANKGLOUCESTER CD 5.00000% 02/28/2028 (5 year)

Did I do good or did I do bad?

My goal these days is to just match or beat inflation overall. So I don't need to get rich. I just need to avoid getting wiped out. It seems to me that inflation over the next five years will be less than 5 percent, so I'm liking the long-term CD.

This is all money that's just sitting in cash right now.

Last edited by Rain Man; 02-21-2023 at 09:10 PM..
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:00 PM   #13346
MVP

Quote:
Link some?

Popular Direct and Bask Bank come to mind. No weird transactions etc. from what I remember.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:02 PM   #13347
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Today I just put a bit of money into a 1-year CD for 5.0 percent and also a 5-year CD for 5.0 percent.

Did I do good or did I do bad?

My goal these days is to just match or beat inflation overall. So I don't need to get rich. I just need to avoid getting wiped out. It seems to me that inflation over the next five years will be less than 5 percent, so I'm liking the long-term CD.

This is all money that's just sitting in cash right now.

I did something similar a couple of weeks ago. I bank through Capital One and they offer an 11 month 5% CD.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 09:09 PM   #13348
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
QYLD pays a 13.05% Dividend and pays monthly

It's a covered call ETF

Down 23% from it's high this year. Dividends are not free money and are not risk free when the stock price tanks along with your capital.

Don't confuse people into thinking these are the same.

Last edited by lewdog; 02-21-2023 at 09:30 PM..
Old 02-22-2023, 02:35 PM   #13349
It was not a fair catch

What the hell is happening yesterday and today?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2023, 02:36 PM   #13350
20 Menthol KOOLs

Regarding traditional vs Roth IRAs:

How do you determine whether or not you are likely to be in a higher tax bracket at the time you start to withdraw?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.