Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM  
Now you've pissed me off!

****Official 2017 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****

Year two of the Barry Odom era begins in a little over a month.

2017 Schedule:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball says 6-6 w/ two SEC wins (SC @ home and @Vandy).

Recruiting:

Bold=Signed LOI

Spoiler!

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 02-07-2018 at 10:01 AM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Flat Branch Brewery is a must stop every time we go see the kid. Great everything there.
I mean, it's good, but it's also really overrated, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Something like a quarter of the MU faculty protested the firing of Melissa Click and the UM system is still kowtowing to cultural Marxism.

To say things have changed administratively is disingenuous.
No, it's pretty damned obvious to non-idiots. The President was considered worthless, and the Chancellor was aggressively despised by every department on campus. They were shitcanned, and the new lead administrators have conducted themselves in a competent fashion.

The fact that you'd bring up cultural Marxism in this instance shows how little you know but how much you think you know. Next time, maybe just sit on the sideline.

Last edited by 'Hamas' Jenkins; 09-24-2017 at 08:55 PM..
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #362
Rabbi Goldmann

Still -4 over KU in Sagarin

-1 at KU
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #363
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
That house of cards tumbles if we don't get Michael Porter, Jr.
Who gives a shit? As much as you guys want to be angry, kids still want to play at Missouri.

Athletes don't give a **** about a protest. They want to win and be in position to make money as a professional athlete. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Actually.....your position of anger is just as off as those you rail at for thinking it has caused the downfall.

And yes, you are denying it's impact. And no I really don't want it to...

I hope Sterk makes a good hire this time and turns the major sports around. He started by getting Cuonzo Martin...now let's see if he has to stones to get ride of a guy who is just completely over-matched when it comes to being a head coach at an SEC football team.
Anger? Okay, guy.

See above. It's a really ignorant way to break down what has gone wrong.

CS1950 didn't hire Kim Anderson, an AD that choked on his tie mistaking it for a fruit rollup, a bad recruiting idea from Pinkel, a QB snorting lines of coke or a moron true son Head Coach.

The programs were already bad, but keep ****ing that chicken.

I'm not denying that it has impacted Missouri high school graduates with parents making the call where they plan to attend university.

They are one more good hire from your hot take being a moot point.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #364
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post

The fact that you'd bring up cultural Marxism in this instance shows how little you know but how much you think you know. Next time, maybe just sit on the sideline.
How dare I insult your hero Terry Eagleton, amirite?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:09 PM   #365

Quote:
Something like a quarter of the MU faculty protested the firing of Melissa Click and the UM system is still kowtowing to cultural Marxism.

To say things have changed administratively is disingenuous.
Quote:
How dare I insult your hero Terry Eagleton, amirite?
Yeah, no. I'd suggest you actually read something other than right-wing misinterpretations of the theory before talking about it. But if you want to make an ass out of yourself, that's on you.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:28 PM   #366
Champs!

I have no dog in this fight, but wanted to hear Mizzou fan opinions. Assuming Odom gets canned after this season, who is on your wish list?
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #367
[null]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I have no dog in this fight, but wanted to hear Mizzou fan opinions. Assuming Odom gets canned after this season, who is on your wish list?
Coach K
Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:35 PM   #368

Quote:
Mike Bobo was a name I'd heard from some. Others like Frank Wilson at UTSA.

They could consider taking a look at Dave Clawson. Clawson took over a Bowling Green team that was on the cusp of bottoming out and turned them into the best squads since Urban Meyer was there. He then took a job at Wake Forest, and after two 3-9 years, went 7-6 last year and is 4-0 to start the year.

He's 50 and has won everywhere he's been (Fordham, Richmond, BG), and it looks like he might be turning around a historically bad football program.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #369
In Search of a Life

Bobo will be in high demand.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #370
Champs!

What's wrong with Les Miles? Other than that his offensive schemes are something from the 1980's, he does produce SEC defenses, does have SEC coaching experience, and recruiting credibility....
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:50 PM   #371
BAMF!

Quote:
Hey, man... the food is definitely overrated, but the beer is not. I will be upfront and tell you that I do personally know 75% of the staff (anyone older than 20 that is working there). I'm down for buying you a beer if you ever want one.

I will add that I have degrees in philosophy and sociology, and I'm really not certain how Mizzou could ever possibly be considered "culturally Marxist" or anything close to the Frankfurt school, but it has become a very popular right-wing snarl phrase the last few years.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 09-24-2017, 09:53 PM   #372
In Search of a Life

Quote:
What's wrong with Les Miles? Other than that his offensive schemes are something from the 1980's, he does produce SEC defenses, does have SEC coaching experience, and recruiting credibility....
He produced SEC Defenses on the virtue of having a Louisiana pipeline that they only had to fend off Bama for.

Won't get that luxury in Columbia.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:58 PM   #373
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
He produced SEC Defenses on the virtue of having a Louisiana pipeline that they only had to fend off Bama for.

Won't get that luxury in Columbia.
I do see where you're coming from in that point of view, but he is a good recruiter. I do imagine he does have very solid ties to the Louisiana high schools, something that Odom does not.

Another note, Bobo would be good choice too, because GA is producing good quality players as well.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:59 PM   #374
sorta mod-ish

Quote:

In fairness, when we come down it's one of the places the kid loves going to, so we hit it frequently when we're there. That and G&D Steakhouse. I had maybe the best ribeye I've had in years at that cafeteria setup, I shit you not.

I'm open to any suggestions of can't miss restaurants in CoMo (a little change of scenery wouldn't be a bad thing).
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:08 PM   #375
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post

In fairness, when we come down it's one of the places the kid loves going to, so we hit it frequently when we're there. That and G&D Steakhouse. I had maybe the best ribeye I've had in years at that cafeteria setup, I shit you not.

I'm open to any suggestions of can't miss restaurants in CoMo (a little change of scenery wouldn't be a bad thing).
Broadway Brewery is a solid slightly more upscale brew pub. 44 canteen is creative, though I hate the guy that owns it. The Barred Owl is pretty great, and has some great ****ing cocktails, though I usually just order a Sazerac. They also tend to have some pretty incredible plates you wont find anywhere local.
bowener has disabled reputation