Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
My brother picked up four 43" Roku TV's earlier this year at Best Buy. I think the were around $299.00.

Here's one on Amazon that's 4K:

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-43S403-UH.../dp/B0754LMN3K

Here's a Sharp 43" at Best Buy. 4k, $329:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-4...?skuId=5746801
I've been eyeballing a tcl for around $350. Keep waiting for a sale on it. I just need a tv that will compliment gaming video on my ps4 pro. Doesn't need to be perfect but at least comparable to what a plasma does.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I've been eyeballing a tcl for around $350. Keep waiting for a sale on it. I just need a tv that will compliment gaming video on my ps4 pro. Doesn't need to be perfect but at least comparable to what a plasma does.
Maybe Black Friday?
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #4
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Maybe Black Friday?
Tvs are impossible on black Friday. They are always picked over and I'm not willing to wait in line for hours to get one. I'll just wait for the non amazon sales where I have a fighting chance to land one.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:47 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
What model????

Buy a native 120Hz enhanced like the LG "tru motion" if you can, the TCL is not going to make you happy gaming.*

The Costco C803 is very slow according to reviews, Their better models are adequate if you do not mind streaking and on a 55" TV your going to notice.

*Shop for TCL P607 if you want to save money but it is an 60Hz enhanced to 120Hz but is much faster than your $350 TCL.

Quote:
The C807 has a below average handling of motion. It has an average response time, causing some visible trails to appear behind fast moving objects. It uses PWM to dim the backlight, but only at low backlight levels, and this isn't noticeable to most people. It can play movies from a Blu-ray or DVD player smoothly, but some minor judder is present when watching movies from a 60Hz source. Most people don't notice judder, so it isn't a big issue. The lack of motion interpolation features may disappoint fans of the soap opera effect.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 11-15-2017 at 04:58 PM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
the one and only

I'm not an avs guy, but I have a Samsung plasma downstairs and always preferred the picture to LCD.

I have an LCD 1080p TV and it never really looked right, kind of fake.

Then I finally found a reasonable priced OLED tv, and it really looks great resolution wise, and gives me that plasma color depth. I love my LG oled tv, got it off amazon, last year's models to same some $$.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic.../dp/B01CDF9S1G
icepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 11-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepick64 View Post
I'm not an avs guy, but I have a Samsung plasma downstairs and always preferred the picture to LCD.

I have an LCD 1080p TV and it never really looked right, kind of fake.

Then I finally found a reasonable priced OLED tv, and it really looks great resolution wise, and gives me that plasma color depth. I love my LG oled tv, got it off amazon, last year's models to same some $$.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic.../dp/B01CDF9S1G
You are dead on! No LED 1K TV has the blacks that a Plasma has, it just has that nice rich warm picture which is very detailed in the later models. A 1K TV next to a plasma is , well like putting Dane's $400 4K LCP next to the LG.

If I could find a used 1080P plasma that was lightly used I would buy it in a heartbeat for my bedroom. (Some movies you don't want in 4K) I held on to my dinosaur 32" CRT's as long as they would live for the bedrooms.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-.../dp/B00BC4SNMK
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:48 PM   #8
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
What model????

Buy a native 120Hz enhanced like the LG "tru motion" if you can, the TCL is not going to make you happy gaming.*

The Costco C803 is very slow according to reviews, Their better models are adequate if you do not mind streaking and on a 55" TV your going to notice.

*Shop for TCL P607 if you want to save money but it is an 60Hz enhanced to 120Hz but is much faster than your $350 TCL.
TCL model 43s405 is the one I've been watching. While it doesn't get great overall marks for normal tv viewing its getting really good reviews when using it for gaming.

Last edited by 007; 11-15-2017 at 11:46 PM..
Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #9
MVP

Quote:
TCL model 43s405 is the one I've been watching. While it doesn't get great overall marks for normal tv viewing its getting really good reviews when using it for gaming.
As long as you understand that you are going to have a generic 4K set with drawbacks such as hard to see in bright surrounding, picture desegregation an angle and the need for an external sound unit due to crappy sound. But if what you want is a streaming set with a nice picture and gaming capabilities for low$$$ this looks like the set

I do question the 43" vs the 49" unit as I only see a few bucks difference.

I would certainly be advised that this is a HDR compatible unit (NOT HRD) so you will be able to use HDR sources but not get all the benefits. I doubt this is an issue.

With Best buy at $349 for the 49" (49S405) unit with conditional price match you may pick one up and price match it with no hassle.

As long as you know you are getting a basic 4K TV for a kids dorm room it's be fine.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #10
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
As long as you understand that you are going to have a generic 4K set with drawbacks such as hard to see in bright surrounding, picture desegregation an angle and the need for an external sound unit due to crappy sound. But if what you want is a streaming set with a nice picture and gaming capabilities for low$$$ this looks like the set

I do question the 43" vs the 49" unit as I only see a few bucks difference.

I would certainly be advised that this is a HDR compatible unit (NOT HRD) so you will be able to use HDR sources but not get all the benefits. I doubt this is an issue.

With Best buy at $349 for the 49" (49S405) unit with conditional price match you may pick one up and price match it with no hassle.

As long as you know you are getting a basic 4K TV for a kids dorm room it's be fine.
I'd be fine with taking a 49 inch set if it didn't require me having to buy a new media shelf.