Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM  
Chiefs

Spagnuolo hired as DC

Last edited by ShowtimeSBMVP; 01-24-2019 at 04:34 PM..
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:36 AM   #196
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
you're completely off on Spags. Are you sure you're thinking of the same guy? He's blitz heavy, comes from anywhere at any time.
This is incorrect, Spags Defensive units have some of the lowest Blitz Percentages.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #197
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
Yeah. Not sure this is an upgrade.

Andy, oh Andy.. Sigh.
Traded one old guy who can't just for another old guy who can't adjust.
Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #198
Baba Ganoush

Nothing is official and everyone is jumping off the cliff

****ing CP
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #199
WhatUneed2Hear

SR needs to get a hold of Andy now and let him know he's making a huge mistake!
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #200
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Nothing is official and everyone is jumping off the cliff

****ing CP
Hey as long as it doesn't kill me, i'm willing to jump a few times.

Gibs to me moars
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #201
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I know this is what the league thinks. I get it.

But young coaches, especially the superstars, those ****ers are grinders man. They are 1,000 mph and they will kill themselves to get a shot at the big chair. They are so often out there providing the energy and the shot in the arm that an organization needs.

If I am looking for a "Head Coach of the Defense" then the EXACT guy I'm looking for is the hungry up and comer that will have the fire and energy and straight up hunger to go put forward the 100 hours that he needs to learn and create.

Not Romeo ****ing Crennel or Gunther or some other recycled old guy who thinks he has the answers already.

There's ample cause to flip that entire paradigm on its head and say that if you're looking for someone to turn the keys over to, the young guy is the way you SHOULD go.
Maybe Reid just didn't want to take the risk? Let's say with Spagnuolo (already annoying typing this clown's name) the average outcome with low variance is we go from 32nd to 25th in defense. That's probably enough to get us to the Super Bowl.

Whereas with one of these exciting young guys, our average outcome could be similar but with much higher variability. What if the guy totally didn't work and our defense actually regressed and we didn't even make Divisional Round because of it?

I guess if I thought we were really far away from a Super Bowl, I'd be much more inclined to take the risk of one of these young guys. But Reid presumably knows exactly what he's getting with Spagnuolo which isn't a bad thing when we're this close. Add to that the fact that Reid probably wants to take a very hands-off approach with the defense and needs an adult in that role.

Not saying I like the decision, but I understand it. There are so many factors that are going to determine whether this is a successful hire or not, so I'm not inclined to have too strong of an opinion at this point one way or the other.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:43 AM   #202
Hockey Town

After typing that name 3 times I realize why everyone just calls him Spags now.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #203
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Chiefs rehashing that trash... Gotta love it...
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #204
In Search of a Life

I would also agree that I'm guessing this came from their agent to Schefter.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #205
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Steve Spag-no-lol Defensive Ranking Averages over 9 Years Coaching

Yards = 20th
Points = 20th
Passing Yards = 19th
Rushing Yards = 20th
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #206
Don't Tug on Superman's Cape

Interesting to note with Spagnuolo ties is Andre Curtis of the Seahawks and Matt House the Kentucky DC a few have mentioned when talking about up and coming college coaches were both on Spagnuolo’s staff when he was HC of the Rams. 2009-2011.

Curtis has the title of Pass Game Co so unless his contract is up Pete wouldn’t let him go for a lateral move. Bringing in House as LB coach and bringing some fresh looks and ideas from college and possibly setting himself up as the future DC would be a good move imo
booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.booger has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #207
MVP

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2409512-steve-spagnuolos-scheme-familiarity-is-what-transitioning-giants-defense-needs[/URL]

I can't embed for some reason. Anyway, this is an article from 2015 and talks a lot about his scheme and concepts as he was returning to NY.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #208
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Maybe Reid just didn't want to take the risk? Let's say with Spagnuolo (already annoying typing this clown's name) the average outcome with low variance is we go from 32nd to 25th in defense. That's probably enough to get us to the Super Bowl.

Whereas with one of these exciting young guys, our average outcome could be similar but with much higher variability. What if the guy totally didn't work and our defense actually regressed and we didn't even make Divisional Round because of it?

I guess if I thought we were really far away from a Super Bowl, I'd be much more inclined to take the risk of one of these young guys. But Reid presumably knows exactly what he's getting with Spagnuolo which isn't a bad thing when we're this close. Add to that the fact that Reid probably wants to take a very hands-off approach with the defense and needs an adult in that role.

Not saying I like the decision, but I understand it. There are so many factors that are going to determine whether this is a successful hire or not, so I'm not inclined to have too strong of an opinion at this point one way or the other.
Not wanting to take the risk got us stuck in slightly above average mediocrity for 5 years.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #209
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post

How does one regress from the position of worst?
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #210
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Did you guys really think he was going to go out of his comfort zone to hire someone?

It's Andy Reid we're talking about here.
And the main reason Mart.... I mean Fat Andy cant win the big games...
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Closed Thread