Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2024, 08:42 AM  
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

**** Official 2024 Solar Eclipse Thread ****

A place to share stories, experiences, pics of the 2024 Solar Eclipse.

Did you go outside to view it? Did you travel somewhere to be in the total eclipse? Did you have good viewing or was it cloudy where you were? DID YOU GET LAID?!?!

Discuss.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:58 PM   #76
Ain't no relax!

Your mom's view of the eclipse...

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 06:10 PM   #77
Ultrabanned

I got outta work at noon today and came home and napped thru the eclipse.

Time well spent in my estimation
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:15 PM   #78
MVP

We were dodging cloud cover in Austin all day, but we had enough breaks in the clouds to experience the total eclipse. Was surprised how dark it became, saw the flare or solar prominence that poster stated earlier. Nice 10 degree drop in temperature as well.

Glad I got to experience it.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:32 PM   #79
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Caught some of the trippy eclipse shadows earlier...

Where were you at? Looks like the same sidewalk we were taking pictures of in Jackson.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:47 PM   #80
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Where were you at? Looks like the same sidewalk we were taking pictures of in Jackson.
Taken at Kauffman Legacy Park near the Plaza in KC.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 07:16 PM   #81
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Nice images, fish. Started out on the deck with the tried and true two pieces of cardboard with a pinhole to view it. We did that in 5th grade science class. Learned about umbra/penumbra.

Was walking in the neighborhood about 15 minutes post max and had those shadows.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:09 PM   #82
Supporter

My family and I saw totality in 2017 and again today. We enjoyed the experience both times. Today we found a logging road that took us to a clearing atop a mountain where we could see for miles in every direction and there was nobody there but us. I took some pictures of the view during totality that were pretty cool. We were thrilled to find such a great place to watch it.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:16 PM   #83
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I was busy today, so I'll try to catch it tomorrow.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 10:57 PM   #84
MVP

We traveled to Mexico mainly to see this thing but also to take a relaxing vacation. We flew into Puerto Vallarta on Friday and spent the night. On Saturday we started traveling towards the totality zone and made it to Chacala. Spent Saturday and Sunday in Chacala and today headed to Concordia. We had plans in Concordia but a massive car wreck kept us from reaching it. We picked a cell tower road and hiked up to witness a perfect eclipse.
It was my first one in totality and it was stunning.
Now we are heading back towards Bucerias to finish the next 6 days on the beach with some fishing on the docket.

Dang good times
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 11:05 PM   #85
Veteran

Got home from Indianapolis about an hour ago. I took the family and we met up with some friends from Louisville. It was a really fun day and my 2nd totality with the first being 2017 in Kentucky. Thankfully the traffic home was nothing like that experience.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-09-2024, 07:53 AM   #86
THE RED MENACE

Here in North Texas it was heavy clouds until right before. It totally cleared and we got to experience it. Pretty cool. I was shocked how many people flew in for this. Every hotel was sold out. We went to pick up a new dog at DFW airport international terminal and it was like invasion of the nerds with all the solar eclipse T-shirts.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:02 AM   #87
Has a particular set of skills

We are already planning an Arrowhead Kingdom event for the next one in Tampa, 2044. Thats going right over our home turf.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	next total eclipse.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	127359  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:15 AM   #88
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
We are already planning an Arrowhead Kingdom event for the next one in Tampa, 2044. Thats going right over our home turf.
Better check your date. The one going over Tampa is in 2045.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:28 AM   #89
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Better check your date. The one going over Tampa is in 2045.
Details my good man.....I doubt I make it till then anyway.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:19 PM   #90
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Details my good man.....I doubt I make it till then anyway.
Just wanted you to know before you started printing T-shirts.