Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6626
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6197
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6584
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6492
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #1486
MVP

This one is double walled and therefore holds temp better than Traeger, Rec Tec, Pit Boss. I don't have it but I will soon.

https://grillagrills.com/grills/gril...-smoker-grill/
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #1487
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

I tell you what, I love my Masterbuilt electric with the cold smoker attachment. Did the best brisket ever over the weekend. No muss, no fuss.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #1488
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinny Bossa Nova View Post
About how many dollars' worth of pellets does it take to smoke a whole brisket? I have never used a pellet smoker. Got nothing against 'em.

I"m a confirmed Weber man. Worn out many a grill of theirs.

The first smoker I ever bought was a cheapie end-of-season Home Depot special. Ruined a pasture full of brisket being unable to control the fire.

Bought the 22" WSM. Did the gaskets and steel door/latch mods. And a Maverick wireless thermometer.

I swear. It's like rolling a Yahtzee every time all the time.

No desire to enter competitions, but I got a personal blue ribbon from Bob Dole. He said it was the best brisket he ever had.

No fair harshing my mellow by telling me he says that to all the girls.

If they come out with a smoker that will tell me EXACTLY how long the stall will be of the brisket once I place it on the cooking grate, I will have found the replacement of my WSM.

But the parting, I can assure you, will be extremely emotional. I can't stand to see a grown Dinny cry.

Dinny
I buy 40 lbs. For about $35. At smoke temps, I think it runs around 1/2 lb. pellets/hour.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #1489
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
I tell you what, I love my Masterbuilt electric with the cold smoker attachment. Did the best brisket ever over the weekend. No muss, no fuss.
I had a Bradley puck that I hated. Used it a few times as a cold chamber with a pellet maze.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:38 AM   #1490
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
This one is double walled and therefore holds temp better than Traeger, Rec Tec, Pit Boss. I don't have it but I will soon.

Thats pretty kewl sounds like its made like those dbl steel lined Acorn Cooker's except pellet fuel source.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:43 AM   #1491
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I buy 40 lbs. For about $35. At smoke temps, I think it runs around 1/2 lb. pellets/hour.
Pit Boss comp blend 40 lb goes for 13 bucks on sale around holidays at Lowes and walmart usually matches.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #1492
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Thats pretty kewl sounds like its made like those dbl steel lined Acorn Cooker's except pellet fuel source.
Yeah, it gets great reviews too. It has some very unique features, and has a very small footprint due to it's design.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #1493
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Brickseek inventory checker is a bit frustrating but you do see when the prices closeout. That on walmart, Target, Home Depot and Lowes and how they track inventory though along with employees that will hide the close out product untill it rock bottom price and purchase.
I'm lazy as hell when it comes to checking things daily
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #1494
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post

That looks like a smoker for some BDSM shit
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:45 PM   #1495
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
When Franklin's BBQ become famous, I tried his just salt and pepper rub.

I'm using a electric smoker, so its not an apples to apples comparison. But, I'm no rookie. I've been smoking meat for 30+ years. Results were okay. So, I tried it again following some prep guidelines he posted online. Didn't really improve the taste.

Matter of fact, the over the counter rub from Costco "Butt Rub" that I gave a shot was better than just salt and pepper. Still like my own rub though.
I think I'm going to use the Big Bad Beef Rub from Amazing Ribs. Sounds tasty
Old 04-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #1496
Baba Ganoush

Coarse black pepper

Coarse kosher salt

Paprika

Garlic powder

Cayenne

That’s all you need. It’s more flavorful than that boring ass Dalmatian Rub
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #1497
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Coarse black pepper

Coarse kosher salt

Paprika

Garlic powder

Cayenne

That’s all you need. It’s more flavorful than that boring ass Dalmatian Rub
When do you add the house fire?
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:29 PM   #1498
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
When do you add the house fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:31 PM   #1499
Cast Iron Jedi

Anyone rest a brisket in a jus? I've seen it, but curious of anyone has experience.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:02 PM   #1500
In Search of a Life

Seems unnecessary imo