Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:38 AM   #3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
Beat me to it.
Yeah and honestly I'd argue at this point the trade deadline isn't the area to add talent that it used to be. It's basically turned into a garage sale where teams trade off their expiring contracts for low level prospects.

At this point you might be better off waiting until the winter meetings when everyone's looking to make moves and not the 12 teams who are in playoff contention.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:40 AM   #3212
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Yeah and honestly I'd argue at this point the trade deadline isn't the area to add talent that it used to be. It's basically turned into a garage sale where teams trade off their expiring contracts for low level prospects.

At this point you might be better off waiting until the winter meetings when everyone's looking to make moves and not the 12 teams who are in playoff contention.
Couldn’t agree more.

Unless the Royals are absolutely blown away with a deal (they won’t be) for Whit or Duff.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #3213

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I'd take that as an explanation for a single year, but this has been the case his entire tenure. I find it hard to believe that we've never had good offers for our valuable players. Moore got the same criticism back before the world series teams. I think he repeatedly overvalues our players.

I also expect that if we hold on to Whit that he'll play okay the next couple of years and then start to decline around the age of 32-33 when he loses his greatest strength (athleticism). Then he will have lost any value he had and we still will not have had a winning season. I expect a similar trajectory for Danny Duffy.
We've been in the playoff race every year for the last five years. Why would he be trading off guys? Other than that, who should he have traded off? Soria is probably the only guy he missed out trading. He sent off Greinke with no problem, but that was in the offseason. I don't understand this argument at all. Dayton's biggest strength may be he's made some real solid trades in the offseason.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #3214
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
We've been in the playoff race every year for the last five years. Why would he be trading off guys? Other than that, who should he have traded off? Soria is probably the only guy he missed out trading. He sent off Greinke with no problem, but that was in the offseason. I don't understand this argument at all. Dayton's biggest strength may be he's made some real solid trades in the offseason.
Perhaps you're right, and I'm just being way too anxious. I guess you can explain not trading Duffy last offseason with them not realizing we'd be this bad, although I seriously question their viewpoint on the team's outlook. I said before the season we'd lose 100 games and most people told me it was hard to lose that many.

Keep Duffy and Merrifield for now, but there is absolutely zero excuse for them being on the roster beyond this season. If Moore can't get the return he is looking for he either has way too high of expectations or he doesn't know how to market his players.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #3215
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
If they do, Royals should try and pick him up for nothing. Work with, reclaim some of his value and possibly flip him at trade deadline next year for another prospect.

This is a no lose proposition with where the Royals are right now.
BAAAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

A) He's a pending FA.

B) You said 'value' in the same sentence as that washed up piece of trash. Seriously - Mike Maddux is among the better pitching coaches in baseball. Our manager was a reerun but our pitching coach is damn good. The problem isn't 'coaching him up'.

The problem is that Greg Holland is a lazy ****stain who can/should get hit by a goddamn bus for all I care. Seriously - go take a look at the guy in a uniform and let me know if you can recognize him through the extra 30 lbs and 2 chins he's carrying around.

That piece of shit sat ass the entire off-season just dead certain he was going to get a long-term deal. It didn't come together and he had to scramble for a make-good deal. And since he sat ass, he made it to the team in miserable shape and was generally gassed after about 6 pitches (most of which were nowhere near the zone).

You can go ahead and appreciate Greg Holland for what he did for you all you want - that's cool. But that guy is absolutely among the laziest sacks of shit I've seen in a long time. He didn't wait to get paid before lounging around during the offseason. He went ahead and lounged around in the offseason presuming he was going to get paid.

**** him in his face.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #3216
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

A) He's a pending FA.

B) You said 'value' in the same sentence as that washed up piece of trash. Seriously - Mike Maddux is among the better pitching coaches in baseball. Our manager was a reerun but our pitching coach is damn good. The problem isn't 'coaching him up'.

The problem is that Greg Holland is a lazy ****stain who can/should get hit by a goddamn bus for all I care. Seriously - go take a look at the guy in a uniform and let me know if you can recognize him through the extra 30 lbs and 2 chins he's carrying around.

That piece of shit sat ass the entire off-season just dead certain he was going to get a long-term deal. It didn't come together and he had to scramble for a make-good deal. And since he sat ass, he made it to the team in miserable shape and was generally gassed after about 6 pitches (most of which were nowhere near the zone).

You can go ahead and appreciate Greg Holland for what he did for you all you want - that's cool. But that guy is absolutely among the laziest sacks of shit I've seen in a long time. He didn't wait to get paid before lounging around during the offseason. He went ahead and lounged around in the offseason presuming he was going to get paid.

**** him in his face.
Tell us how you really feel.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #3217
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:

A) He's a pending FA.

**** him in his face.

So you are a fan of him huh?
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #3218
MVP

Quote:

A) He's a pending FA.

**** him in his face.
Wow. Angry much?

He has history with the Royals. If the Royals can sign him for nothing, give him the rest of this year and the off-season to re-dedicate himself, and maybe look like a real relief pitcher come next season, why not? What would the Royals have to lose? If he pitches well next year, might be able to flip him for something. If not, you just cut him. No loss.

I realize he just stole a bunch of money from your team, but, jeez, perspective and all . . . .
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:34 AM   #3219
World's Best Boss

Quote:

A) He's a pending FA.

**** him in his face.
Where would you rank him on the hate scale between a 1-Brandon Moss
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #3220
Wasted away again...

If he pisses off one Cards fan, he's good in my book.

Quote:

A) He's a pending FA.

**** him in his face.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #3221
Veteran

Quote:
They just announced that Judge is out for at least 3 weeks. Brilliant move, knock Judge out so they trade for Moose.
Injure their star player, trade them Moose, that'd be absolutely brilliant.
Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Jerok Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #3222
Black Bob's daddy

Eduardo Escobar traded to Arizona, one fewer option for a trade partner.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #3223
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Where would you rank him on the hate scale between a 1-Brandon Moss
The question is where Brandon Moss falls from 1-Dexter Fowler

Ultimately I didn't hate Moss as much as I hated the fact that we had him and continued to play him. It's not his fault that our esteemed GM traded for him as the missing piece for a championship on a 100 win team. It's our lazy, gutless GM's fault for having a chance to win a championship and instead just half-assing a deal for a guy who was injured when we acquired him and had no chance to be a real difference maker.

And it isn't Moss's fault that when he was clearly lost at the plate, our reeruned manager kept sending him out there in the midst of a 8 for 80 something Steptember to continue to hit in the middle of the order while we missed the playoffs by one goddamn game the following year.

As to where Holland falls on the 1-Dexter Fowler scale....(Dexter Fowler) - .1

I suspect I feel about him about the same way Royals fans felt about Juan Gonzalez. I doubt y'all have many fond memories of that guy...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #3224
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Eduardo Escobar traded to Arizona, one fewer option for a trade partner.
One less tradeble asset to compete against.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:14 PM   #3225
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
One less tradeble asset to compete against.
True, and Escobar is the superior and more versatile player. Come on Yankees, get desperate to keep up with Boston.