Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2024, 11:32 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

The Chiefs need to acquire their next star WR and LT of the future in this draft.

To the victor goes the spoils....

How damn fortunate we are to have a draft class like this, the year we need WRs and a LT of the future, despite picking at 32.

After this combine has unfolded, I'm convinced that Veach and Andy need to be aggressive about going and getting their guys at WR and LT.

Trade up twice if you have to. Flip all your damn later picks if you have to.

It is incredibly rare to have an opportunity to solidify two cornerstone positions like LT and WR in a single draft class picking from the Super Bowl champions slot. But, this is what the Chiefs are working with this year.

So, who do you want KC to grab if/when Veach does try to proactively make this happen?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:17 PM   #16
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
There’s gonna be - some might be more raw than others though.

Jordan Morgan, Kingsley Suamataia, Patrick Paul, Guyton could be, and there’s some others that if nothing else they may like a lot more than Wanya at that spot.
Chiefs have met with Patrick Paul. Javon Foster is another name I'm keeping an eye on.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:24 PM   #17
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Just reading the tea leaves. It’s not hard.

It’s Veach’s strategy, and most GMs, to attack positions like this when the board sets up this way.

Offense was tough this year. We shouldn’t be content to run it back like that even though it worked out this once.
I agree with that. I think just getting Mooney makes this offense better. Id like to see us get a RB who's a receiving threat too since McKinnon is getting up there in age but most of the biggest moves we can make are re-signing guys like Jones, Tranquill, etc
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:29 PM   #18
Special Teams ACE!!!

For the long term obviously a rookie or Wanya developing and working out is far better.

For the short term? I don't think it really matters. We'll struggle at LT if we don't have Smith or some other veteran in there through trade or free agency. And that's the bitch of going all in. If you're going all in, you need a decent LT or you can probably forget about the threepeating. I don't think starting a rookie, even one that they highly covet and manage to trade up to get, is going to get the job done.

It's why I think we're going to bring back Smith, potentially for multiple years. Or perhaps we've been secretly planning for the Jawaan Taylor to LT over the course of the regular season behind closed doors. Or, like Titty Meat said, they're in the prime of Mahomes, and they know they can win a Super Bowl any number of different ways.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:31 PM   #19
Generational Player

Quote:

To the victor goes the spoils....

How damn fortunate we are to have a draft class like this, the year we need WRs and a LT of the future, despite picking at 32.

After this combine has unfolded, I'm convinced that Veach and Andy need to be aggressive about going and getting their guys at WR and LT.

Trade up twice if you have to. Flip all your damn later picks if you have to.

It is incredibly rare to have an opportunity to solidify two cornerstone positions like LT and WR in a single draft class picking from the Super Bowl champions slot. But, this is what the Chiefs are working with this year.

So, who do you want KC to grab if/when Veach does try to proactively make this happen?

WRs

Adonai Mitchell-ALPHA-
Brian Thomas Jr
Ladd McConkey

Tackle

Give me the Yale guy in the 2nd round.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:32 PM   #20
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
For the long term obviously a rookie or Wanya developing and working out is far better.

For the short term? I don't think it really matters. We'll struggle at LT if we don't have Smith or some other veteran in there through trade or free agency. And that's the bitch of going all in. If you're going all in, you need a decent LT or you can probably forget about the threepeating. I don't think starting a rookie, even one that they highly covet and manage to trade up to get, is going to get the job done.

It's why I think we're going to bring back Smith, potentially for multiple years. Or perhaps we've been secretly planning for the Jawaan Taylor to LT over the course of the regular season behind closed doors. Or, like Titty Meat said, they're in the prime of Mahomes, and they know they can win a Super Bowl any number of different ways.
I won’t be upset if they sign Donovan Smith or Tyron Smith. I get that approach. It crosses a big need off with a quality player.

But their injury problems are scary and I don’t think you can bet on them to play 20 games. So, I’d just prefer we take our lumps with some growing pains and get a long term answer this year when it appears possible to do so even in picks 32-64.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:32 PM   #21
I'll be back.

Wanya should be moved to LG
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:33 PM   #22
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Wanya should be moved to LG
Thuney is still here for probably two years though.

Wanya is more valuable as the swing tackle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:34 PM   #23
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Thuney is still here for probably two years though.

Wanya is more valuable as the swing tackle.
Couldn’t Wanya be the swing this year then RG next year? I can’t imagine we’d pay to keep Trey Smith.

Assuming Wanya doesn’t take the starting LT gig.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:39 PM   #24
In Search of a Life

Problem with this OT class is while deep, a lot of these guys project better to RT, or even OG.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:39 PM   #25
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Couldn’t Wanya be the swing this year then RG next year? I can’t imagine we’d pay to keep Trey Smith.

Assuming Wanya doesn’t take the starting LT gig.
Could be. Verderame said he could see Trey being priced around Ben Powers’ deal, which was like $52.5m over 4 years and only about half guaranteed.

That might be tolerable for us if you know your LT is gonna be cheap for 5 years and Thuney is almost off the books.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:41 PM   #26
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Problem with this OT class is while deep, a lot of these guys project better to RT, or even OG.
We’ve gotten it done with pretty average LT play so far.

I think just having some cost controlled stability for a few years has value, even if the player is just alright.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:42 PM   #27
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

There’s more than a few high upside/more raw LT options that will be there for us if we want, and I’m OK taking that gamble for a kid who will play next to Thuney and be coached by Heck.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM   #28
Generational Player

Don't want a gimmick WR or a decoy with a 1st round pick.

Give me a guy that will immediately get on the field and make a difference.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:45 PM   #29
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
WRs

Adonai Mitchell-ALPHA-
Brian Thomas Jr
Ladd McConkey

Tackle

Give me the Yale guy in the 2nd round.
I love the idea of taking Amegadjie, but he definitely requires a backup plan. The torn quad doesn't look good for him being a suitable starting option for this year.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:48 PM   #30
In Search of a Life

Quote:
There’s more than a few high upside/more raw LT options that will be there for us if we want, and I’m OK taking that gamble for a kid who will play next to Thuney and be coached by Heck.
If there's a guy like that in the 1st that will actually be available, I think it's Kingsley.

I could possibly see Mims or Guyton falling into our laps if there's an unexpected run at WR and/or CB (another fairly deep group IMO).
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.