Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2024, 11:32 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

The Chiefs need to acquire their next star WR and LT of the future in this draft.

To the victor goes the spoils....

How damn fortunate we are to have a draft class like this, the year we need WRs and a LT of the future, despite picking at 32.

After this combine has unfolded, I'm convinced that Veach and Andy need to be aggressive about going and getting their guys at WR and LT.

Trade up twice if you have to. Flip all your damn later picks if you have to.

It is incredibly rare to have an opportunity to solidify two cornerstone positions like LT and WR in a single draft class picking from the Super Bowl champions slot. But, this is what the Chiefs are working with this year.

So, who do you want KC to grab if/when Veach does try to proactively make this happen?
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:02 PM   #151
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I’m hopeful for a mid-late second round pick or a package of lower picks.

I’ll be happy with anything better than that.
And that's pretty much what we're looking at.

Any team can go off the rails and get 'tarded but very few franchises out there are going out of their way to help the Chiefs. It's not like we're the Panthers or Jets...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:09 PM   #152
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

I'm a big fan of using Sneed as a package to trade up. I know this isn't Madden, but still...

To get to 15-25, we'd use Sneed + #32 + something else (a 3rd?). The trade partner gets a top CB, still has the 5th year option on their choice at 32, and then an extra day 2 pick for the trouble.

Once that's secure, we can stay and choose BPA and get a great player, or we could flirt with making a bigger splash and moving up again on Thursday night if "our guy" slips into range.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:17 PM   #153
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semichief View Post
Kinda think our return on Sneed (without packaging with other picks) will be in the 40-60 range, not 25-40. Would love to be wrong. Nothing wrong with a mid-2nd rounder in this draft - could land a quality WR at 50 (Pearsall, Franklin, Burton).
Different era and different draft, but Gonzalez was 33 when he was traded for a second rounder, which ended up in that same range (50th pick). Albeit, that was for the following year's draft.

Sneed is in his prime and one of the league's best. Are teams just stingier now with picks than in prior eras? Sure seems that way.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:20 PM   #154
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
Different era and different draft, but Gonzalez was 33 when he was traded for a second rounder, which ended up in that same range (50th pick). Albeit, that was for the following year's draft.

Sneed is in his prime and one of the league's best. Are teams just stingier now with picks than in prior eras? Sure seems that way.
I'd forgotten that the Peters trade was for a 4th rounder and a 2nd in the NEXT draft.

I expect we can do better than that and MP had a shithead reputation, but teams are hesitant trading big for corners. Position generally doesn't age well.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:36 PM   #155
MVP

Send Sneed and 1-32 to IND for 1-15 and 3-82 and I'd be pretty thrilled.

Gives us the trade-up value plus the differential between trading him to a team like New England or New York.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:38 PM   #156
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Send Sneed and 1-32 to IND for 1-15 and 3-82 and I'd be pretty thrilled.

Gives us the trade-up value plus the differential between trading him to a team like New England or New York.
Indy would laugh and hang up the phone...like we have to be serious about this.

It would take Sneed, 32, a 2nd rounder, and probably something else to even get them to think about 15...and you surely aren't getting anything beyond that back.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:43 PM   #157
MVP

how about Sneed to DET for #29, PKG 1st & 3rd to move up for our target and we keep #32?

or Sneed to NYG for #39 or #47 and pkg #32 + 3rd to move up and stand pat with our 2nds?

I wouldn't be shocked if Veach made a big play in the 1st, we have very few holes on our championship roster.

Not clear to me who we'd move up for unless it was Thomas Jr, though.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:45 PM   #158
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
how about Sneed to DET for #29

PKG 1st & 3rd to move up for our target and we keep #32?
You're not getting a 1st rounder for Sneed alone...come on.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:47 PM   #159
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post

It would take Sneed, 32, a 2nd rounder, and probably something else to even get them to think about 15...and you surely aren't getting anything beyond that back.
Based on what reference? You haven't read a trade value chart and I see no historical trade reference to support your claim.

I'll help you out with the research if you want to point to me why it's ridiculous.

Here's the JJ Model: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
Here's the Rich Hill Model: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-V...equestTeam=ind
Here's Historical Draft Pick Transactions: https://www.prosportstransactions.co...tTrades/Years/

Put your money where your mouth is son.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:48 PM   #160
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
If the Chiefs don't land their star LT and WR in this draft, they'll never sniff the playoffs again.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:54 PM   #161
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Based on what reference? You haven't read a trade value chart and I see no historical trade reference to support your claim.

I'll help you out with the research if you want to point to me why it's ridiculous.

Here's the JJ Model: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
Here's the Rich Hill Model: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-V...equestTeam=ind
Here's Historical Draft Pick Transactions: https://www.prosportstransactions.co...tTrades/Years/

Put your money where your mouth is son.
Based on common sense...that's what.

So if Indy traded us 15 and 82 for 32 and Sneed...just on the draft picks alone that's a 640 point difference, so going with that you're saying Sneed is worth the 29th pick just based on the difference...not taking into effect his age, his knee, and the fact they'd have to give him a big contract.

If you think that trade has any chance of happening, godspeed....guess what, it isn't.

Now for what I was referring to...15 is worth 1050, 32 is worth 590 and 64 is worth 270...do the math, you're still short.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:05 PM   #162
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

No, it wouldn't LAUGH. It depends on what you value Sneed at. That trade, on the Hill chart, values Sneed as roughly as pick 31.5 in the draft.

Your proposed trade is the one that is way off.

Again, on the Hill chart, 32 + 64 gets you to being the 84th pick short of #15. So you're saying Sneed's value ALONE isn't as good as the 84th pick.

Like I said, WAY off.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:08 PM   #163
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Based on common sense...that's what.

So if Indy traded us 15 and 82 for 32 and Sneed...just on the draft picks alone that's a 640 point difference, so going with that you're saying Sneed is worth the 29th pick just based on the difference...not taking into effect his age, his knee, and the fact they'd have to give him a big contract.

If you think that trade has any chance of happening, godspeed....guess what, it isn't.

Now for what I was referring to...15 is worth 1050, 32 is worth 590 and 64 is worth 270...do the math, you're still short.
Did, um... you do the math on the Johnson model (which is outdated, BTW, and not as reliable as the Hill model)?

Because 1,050 - 590 - 270 = 190

Which on the Johnson chart is the 80th pick. So YOU are saying Sneed on his own isn't even worth the 80th pick in the draft. That you'd need more on top of Sneed to make it work.

His original proposal of Sneed being worth one of the last 3-4 picks in the first round is WAY more in reality than your assertion that he isn't even worth a mid-round 3.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:14 PM   #164
In Search of a Life

Pat and Jim on Moving the Chains on Sirius XM NFL Radio said the Chiefs will get a 1 AND a 2 for Sneed.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:15 PM   #165
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
Pat and Jim on Moving the Chains on Sirius XM NFL Radio said the Chiefs will get a 1 AND a 2 for Sneed.
I mean, I'd love that. But I don't believe that.