Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #3391
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Man that was incredibly nice of you to find that man, thank you.
No problem. Also, I've bought from this site before.

Last edited by Frazod; 09-04-2020 at 10:42 AM..
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:05 PM   #3392
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

https://www.cdnnsports.com/s-w-m-p15...U#.X1F1wtR7kdU

I have one of these new in the box, paid $449 for it. I plan to dump it when they all vanish, likely a bit closer to Nov 3rd. They will probably be $1300 by then, if you can find one. I probably should have bought a couple dozen at that price.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:16 PM   #3393
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post

I have one of these new in the box, paid $449 for it. I plan to dump it when they all vanish, likely a bit closer to Nov 3rd. They will probably be $1300 by then, if you can find one. I probably should have bought a couple dozen at that price.
So what’s your opinion of them? Haven’t read all of this thread ,in case I missed it.
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #3394
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Yeah, just based on their price just 6-8 months ago I should've bought a few of these when they were down at $450 or whatever. And back then they couldn't give them away. Probably could've found some really sweet deals on some lightly used ones on GB back then for under $450.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:24 PM   #3395

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
So what’s your opinion of them? Haven’t read all of this thread ,in case I missed it.

I've shot a buddies and he loves it. I didn't give me any problems either. I'll ask my gun smith buddy and see what he thinks.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:31 PM   #3396

On a side note, I'm debating on buying a bunch of build kit AR's. They are still reasonable, if you look hard enough.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #3397

Quote:

Between the time I posted this and right now, SOLD OUT. I'm telling you, if you want a AR, or an AK, buy it quickly. The same goes for ammo.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:42 PM   #3398
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
S&W makes a quality AR. I turned several of my friends onto them back when they first came out, and they've been as good as any AR in the under-$1000 mark.

The one in the link is a Sport II, which basically just means they added a dust cover and a forward-assist button to the gun, neither of which effect reliability or performance in any way. They're just nice to have, if you like that sort of thing.

Or put another way, if I was in the market for a sub-$1,000 AR-15, the S&W would be at the top of my list for a mass-production 15.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:35 PM   #3399
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
S&W makes a quality AR. I turned several of my friends onto them back when they first came out, and they've been as good as any AR in the under-$1000 mark.

The one in the link is a Sport II, which basically just means they added a dust cover and a forward-assist button to the gun, neither of which effect reliability or performance in any way. They're just nice to have, if you like that sort of thing.

Or put another way, if I was in the market for a sub-$1,000 AR-15, the S&W would be at the top of my list for a mass-production 15.

Indeed......
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #3400
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry at the range.

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:07 PM   #3401
Veteran

Pretty impressive shooting, it wood be hard to concentrate on shooting around that Group
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #3402
Supporter

Berry is way better than I figured she’d be. Props.

Meanwhile, I want that little carbine she was shooting.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:41 PM   #3403
Fight, build, win!

Very surprised just goes to show you what a competent instructor can acomplish.

Its not Navy SEAL good but they are super human shooters. Just don't kid yourself. Those Hollywood actors would vote to 86 your 2nd Amendment rights in half a heartbeat.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 12:22 AM   #3404
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post

Its not Navy SEAL good but they are super human shooters. Just don't kid yourself. Those Hollywood actors would vote to 86 your 2nd Amendment rights in half a heartbeat.
I don't think Reeves would. From everything I've heard about him he's about as down to earth as a superstar celebrity can get. If he's ever spouted off about political shit I haven't heard it. And you can bet your ass that the people training him are pro-Second Amendment.

Chris Pine is pretty wicked with a real gun too. Apparently this was his first time shooting a course, which is amazing.

Old 09-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #3405
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post

We had to run similar "run and gun" courses to qualify twice a year. Got a little boring after 20 years.

I recall one year (1977?) my office was running and gunning with the CID Office in Mannheim Germany. This young Sergeant took the buzzer - ran to the first stop...did fairly well, turned to his left to start his next run, tripped, fell and shot himself in the damned leg.

You might be surprised how often stupid shit like that happens...... "Training Accident"....sometimes it is fatal, unfortunately.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.