Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2021, 02:25 PM  
Kind of a mod

Trey Parker and Matt Stone to buy Casa Bonita in Denver

This cracks me up. They've apparently reached "**** you money" level and are buying the place after it seemed like it might be done for. Hopefully they can at least improve the food to the point that you can go there and not leave with a stomach ache.

DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:10 PM   #31
Veteran

Haha that is awesome! Love Trey & Matt.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:48 PM   #32
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Calling the food average is being kind. It's basically the equivalent of stadium nachos.
Your statement is insulting to stadium nachos! They are heads and shoulders above Casa Bonita!

I visited ~6 years ago. I had very low expectations of the food going in and was fine with that - visiting was about the experience not the food. However, the food we received was literally inedible. I was expecting something on par with Taco Bell or other regional fast food taco chain... Cheap and low quality. Would have been completely happy with that given the unique atmosphere and entertainment. What we got was purple and foul tasting ground beef tacos, stale taco shells, brown tomatoes, and burnt rice and beans. No one in our party could mustee more than a bite or two. Pretty awful for ~$25/plate... But we still had an enjoyable time overall reliving the South Park episode and enjoying the interior.

I'd totally be down for giving it another shot in the future.
Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:00 PM   #33
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I've lived in Denver for almost three decades and I've never been there. I probably should go, but I don't like bad food and everyone - EVERYONE - says it's bad.

Trivia note: a past tenant of mine was a former cliff diver there.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:08 PM   #34
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Yep. It’s a thing.
LOL ... yes, it is.

I was there once. This mariachi band kept crowding our table. Apparently, they decided to serenade the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX until I told one of the dudes to get his freaking Vihuela out of my face.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:09 PM   #35
Supporter

Speaking of restaurant and spectacle and America, **** Yeah!!!

The cheesy bacon, apple pie hotdog.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:09 PM   #36
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
I have not seen the entire state of Colorado rejoice about a particular issue like this since the most boring Super Bowl in history.
Donk ville rejoiced after the Cheatriot ****bag/LA Rams Super Bowl?

I’m confused.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:17 PM   #37
MVP

Complimentary fish sticks at every table.
Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:22 PM   #38
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've lived in Denver for almost three decades and I've never been there. I probably should go, but I don't like bad food and everyone - EVERYONE - says it's bad.

Trivia note: a past tenant of mine was a former cliff diver there.
Looks kind of gimmicky to me. To many good places to eat in Denver that don't remind me of a frat party.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:23 PM   #39
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellerfox View Post
Your statement is insulting to stadium nachos! They are heads and shoulders above Casa Bonita!

I visited ~6 years ago. I had very low expectations of the food going in and was fine with that - visiting was about the experience not the food. However, the food we received was literally inedible. I was expecting something on par with Taco Bell or other regional fast food taco chain... Cheap and low quality. Would have been completely happy with that given the unique atmosphere and entertainment. What we got was purple and foul tasting ground beef tacos, stale taco shells, brown tomatoes, and burnt rice and beans. No one in our party could mustee more than a bite or two. Pretty awful for ~$25/plate... But we still had an enjoyable time overall reliving the South Park episode and enjoying the interior.

I'd totally be down for giving it another shot in the future.
Go for a grilled cheese next time. Even my wife can't mess those up.

Too bad anyway.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:31 PM   #40
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
LOL ... yes, it is.

I was there once. This mariachi band kept crowding our table. Apparently, they decided to serenade the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX until I told one of the dudes to get his freaking Vihuela out of my face.

FAX
I just learned a new word.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:34 PM   #41
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Go for a grilled cheese next time. Even my wife can't mess those up.

Too bad anyway.
Not an option. The place is basically a cafeteria that has like 3 options for pre-made entrees. It is entirely built around getting people through the line.

It also seats like 1000.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:44 PM   #42
Banned!

Loved Casa Bonita as a kid. Pretty sure they had one in Tulsa. More recently, I hit the one in Denver.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:49 PM   #43
MVP

Been there a few times. Didn’t realize it was world famous or had been the subject of a South Park episode.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:15 PM   #44
I missed '69!

As a kid we went there every time we went skiing. We made up songs about it with our cousins. Used to tie the glow necklaces to the outside mirrors for overnight return trips to KC to make them last longer. I don’t care how the food tastes the place is iconic.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:24 PM   #45
Forever Royal

The sopapillas are great. It’s not the easiest place to get to if I recall correctly for tourists. I asked earlier but no answer. How is that neighborhood these days? I don’t recall it being unsafe or anything, just kind of older and a bit run down but I might be misremembering.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.